A problem with the USB port of the smart power supply 1500 watt ...Please help

• hunter2000 changed the title to A problem with the USB port of the smart power supply 1500 watt ...Please help
  • 5 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem.  It looks like the driver isn't loading right as device manager is showing it connected but "device descriptor request failed" (code: 43).  Is there a fix for this?  (also, running the latest and greatest TT DPS G app, downloaded it today)

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem with the 1200 version (also shows UBS device not recognised in device manager). It worked for a while, then this happened, I reinstalled windows, it worked again for a while, and again, this has just happened. I don't want to keep having to reinstall windows every month just to have this dam psu software working as intended!

• 6 months later...

Looks like Thermaltake is doing a BANGUP job trying to fix this issue that seems to be the same for everyone with this power supply GOOD job people at TT.

I have the same issue but it seems like ThermalTake is doing absolutely nothing to help the community so needless to say I will never buy anything ThermalTake ever again. Thanks TT idiots...

• 1 year later...

I have been having the same problem, off and on.  For the last 2 months or so it is not working.  I've tried connecting to USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports without success.  In Device Manager I get the same message as above:  "Device descriptor request failed" (code: 43). 

Device decriptor.jpg