What Fittings do need for my Radiator/Block/ Reservoir....Parts list inside!

AlexanderFuSheng

Hello!

I have a T.T.  RDL 480m Radiator going to an MX1 plus Thermaltake block. A Pacific D-32 or D22 will be the reservoir ( last thing I need except fittings.).

I have a pack of 16o 12 i Thermaltake Tubing, (and shaping/cutting kit). - all I need now is some correct fitting (1/4 I believe)

A few 90 degree (3?) for the radiator, 2 for the block, 1 stopper for the reservoir, and a few regular compression.  (the kit of 6 is crazy expensive.).

Any help would be great, thank you!

• AlexanderFuSheng changed the title to What Fittings do need for my Radiator/Block/ Reservoir....Parts list inside!
  • 2 years later...

The fittings you will need for your radiator, block, and reservoir will depend on the specific models you are using and the type of water cooling system you are building. Below is a general guide on the fittings you may need for each part:

Radiator:

• Two fittings for each port on the radiator (usually 2-4 ports depending on the radiator size)
  • Fittings should match the thread size of the radiator ports and the tubing size you plan to use
  • Optional fittings for bleed valve or drain port if your radiator has them

Block:

• Two fittings for the inlet and outlet ports on the block
  • Fittings should match the thread size of the block ports and the tubing size you plan to use
  • Optional fittings for temperature sensors or other accessories if your block supports them

Reservoir:

• Two fittings for the inlet and outlet ports on the reservoir
  • Fittings should match the thread size of the reservoir ports and the tubing size you plan to use
  • Optional fittings for fill port, drain port, or other accessories if your reservoir supports them

In addition to the above fittings, you may also need fittings for tubing bends or connections between parts. It is important to ensure that all fittings and tubing are compatible with each other and with the fluid you plan to use in your system. It is also recommended to use fittings and tubing from reputable water cooling manufacturers to ensure quality and reliability.

• 1 month later...

It sounds like you have a good idea of the fittings you need for your water-cooling setup. You're correct that you'll need 1/4" fittings to match the inner diameter of your 12mm tubing.

For the radiator, you'll need 3 90-degree fittings to connect the tubing to the radiator's inlet and outlet ports. For the block, you'll need 2 fittings to connect the tubing to the inlet and outlet ports of the MX1 Plus.

For the reservoir, you'll need a stopper fitting that matches the port size of your Pacific D-32 or D22. It's a good idea to check the specifications of your reservoir to confirm the size of the port before purchasing the fitting.

Finally, you'll need regular compression fittings to connect the tubing between components and make turns as necessary. You can purchase these in packs of 6 or more depending on your needs and budget.

When selecting fittings, make sure to choose ones that match the material of your components (e.g., brass fittings for brass components) to avoid corrosion and leaks. It's also a good idea to purchase fittings from a reputable manufacturer to ensure quality and compatibility with your components.

• 8 months later...