Pure Plus fans 'controller error' in TT RGB

Peaceful Jim

I have 6 Pure Plus fans plugged into two controllers (3 each) and I am now getting an issue where one fan from each controller is not syncing with the rest of the fans.

This happens on every startup.

In the photo below, you can see that for whatever reason, the 2nd fan is not 'active' but the 5th fan in the background is.

61164a1e742db09e9417a5a558793b38.png

Activating the 2nd fan and deactivating the 5th fan solves this issue, and the photo below is what the program SHOULD look like on every system startup.

f215592ee4a1ed9ae79ae9127ac7ab96.png 

I have no idea why the software suddenly started to behave this way. Any ideas on a fix?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the EXACT same problem. Just bought this 3 fan kit at Best Buy last night for a tower I'm building for my nephew. I am using them as front intake fans on the tower, using the supplied controller, 4-pin PATA power connector, and the USB header plugged into the ASUS motherboard.  At boot, fans come, the board posts about 5 seconds later, and they do their default rainbow color. When Windows 10 loads 10 seconds later, they switch to the Temp mode setting, (Blue for cool, then it changes colors as temperatures rise and fall).

But, fan number 2 is always on default rainbow colors, not Blue, and when I open the TTPlus software, number 2 color control is always turned off, no matter how many times I change the settings and save it, reboot, or change it back to before settings, save and reboot. Kinda funky, and it's got to be something with the software at Windows boot, and it happens to whatever fan is plugged into port 2 on the controller.

No idea how to fix this myself yet, IT professional, heavy PC gamer, been building PCs for 30 years now...

So after tweaking the .ini file, and moving fans to different ports on the controllers, nothing worked.  Did a little review of updates, and found out they Auto-Updated the TTRGB software on Dec. 11, 2020, to version 1.39

I uninstalled v1.39, deleted the "TT" folder in C:\Program Files, and deleted the "TT" folder in C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming, then rebooted.

Download the old v1.38 from here: https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/downloads and installed it, and everything works fine now.  When you open the app, make sure you go into Settings right away and turn off Auto Updates.

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, NordicusMaximus said:

So after tweaking the .ini file, and moving fans to different ports on the controllers, nothing worked.  Did a little review of updates, and found out they Auto-Updated the TTRGB software on Dec. 11, 2020, to version 1.39

I uninstalled v1.39, deleted the "TT" folder in C:\Program Files, and deleted the "TT" folder in C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming, then rebooted.

Download the old v1.38 from here: https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/downloads and installed it, and everything works fine now.  When you open the app, make sure you go into Settings right away and turn off Auto Updates.

Good Luck!

Thank you! This fixed it for me as well.