Pure Plus 12 controller not detected

Brendan Roefs

I just bought a 3 pack of Pure Plus 12 fans from Best Buy, and TT RGB Plus is not detecting the controller. I have seen a lot of things saying that this product doesn't work so great with Ryzen CPUs and that is indeed what I have (ryzen 5 2600). However, I tried plugging the controller into the usb ports in the rear and front I/O panels and it still went undetected. I have an Asrock B450m HDV R4.0 and I have tried both it's usb headers. The fans run fine and light up, but just the software will not work. The micro usb cable does work when connected to the motherboard since it charges my wireless headphones. I have also tried controller the software from my laptop with an Intel processor and it still does not detect the controller. Please help.

• 1 year later...

Is there no answer for this? I have a TT Divider 300TG ARGB case, and the TT software will not detect the controller. ASROCK B550 Phantom, Ryzen 5 3600G, Windows 10.

I have watched a youtube video or two to make sure I have all the cables connected properly.

The "R" button on the I/O doesn't change the lighting pattern either.

Thermaltake, please help us.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, R_Bride said:

Is there no answer for this? I have a TT Divider 300TG ARGB case, and the TT software will not detect the controller. ASROCK B550 Phantom, Ryzen 5 3600G, Windows 10.

I have watched a youtube video or two to make sure I have all the cables connected properly.

The "R" button on the I/O doesn't change the lighting pattern either.

Thermaltake, please help us.

I decided to unplug everything from the controller and move it to one of the two SSD slots behind the MB. Once I plugged everything back in, I was able to control the lights with ASRock ASRRGB application. So basically I fixed it by unplugging it and plugging it back in.