Uses Other Than a Desktop Build - Pure Plus 12 RGB Radiator Fans

tileg

Long story short....a buddy gave me these Pure Plus 12 RGB Radiator Fan x3 TT Premium Edition which he couldn't use and couldn't return because he moded one of them slightly.

I am fairly Mac savvy, don't use PCs much and have no experience building a desktop. However, I would like to build these into my media cabinet which is sorely lacking good ventilation and control them via USB A, mico B or C.

Last night I spliced a USB A and got the fans to light up a rotating rainbow and spin very slowly. If nothing else, how do I get them up to speed? Is there any way to use the controller without connecting it to a mobo?

Thanks very much in advance!

• 2 years later...

Since you don't have a motherboard to control the fans' speed, you'll need an alternative power source. You can use an external power supply, such as a power adapter. The voltage and amperage required depend on the fans, so check their specifications to ensure you provide the correct power.

geometry dash meltdown