TT RGB PLUS MASTER THREAD POST HERE IF YOUR #### ISNT WORKING

SlamYourClam

I posted 1 month ago and still no answer from admis or customer support so i will post here again.

The last update patch published on the beginning of December doesnt fix issues users of MSI x570 motherboard met.

I already spent more than 20 hours of research on reddit forums, youtube and else but i still have mysthic issues with theses quad fans.

Actually it's completly random.

Sometimes it works at the first boot of my computer, sometimes its recognize only the controller 1, sometimes it's only the controller 2 and sometimes i got the error message "Could not find Fan Controller".

So i reboot my computer everytime and i cross fingers to see it working ...

And you know what ? 

When it works, after some hours it will crash again and one of the 2 controller will stop being detected.

If sometimes it's work properly it mean that i did everything right, your software is just still garbage ...

I don't get how we cannot get help after spending lot of money of this premium fans, it's so so so sad ...

this is the worst hardware experience i ever meet in my entire life after building more than 10 computers.

TTRGB plus software and the DPSG (power supply) software both introduce DPC latency that renders audio channels useless in computer.  No reply from customer service.  I also have exact same issues as DavidB89 as well.  It's very frustrating and its too bad that the engineers seem fairly incompetent developing at a professional level.  

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly not working as intended. TT Reddit forum is full of the same threads about RGB plus. Not sure how much these forums are moderated though - have you seen the amount of junk posts?

Someone posted on Reddit that there is a mention of a new piece of software RGB Plus 2.0 in one of the expo Youtube videos - pinning my hopes that this will fix my issues and not need 3 pieces of separate software rather than one. But I don't have much confidence. It is a shame the amount of effort going into new products rather than fixing what is already out there or ensuring things work prior to release.

OK so i recently needed to maintenance my watercooling loop.  instead of sticked with original waterblock i got with the TT kit, i bought the W7 waterblock.  so of course i saw on the site "DO NOT PLUG INTO ANY OTHER CONTROLLERS"...so i didn't i used the controller that came with it and i used the second micro usb cable that wasn't used from the connection to my motherboard to it and of course power to molex, and had 1 single item on that controller...the Waterblock!!!!.

So i boot up first time i'm excited Controller 1 4 fans and my P22 D5 Pump reservoir combo, control 2 (yes i did move the first dip switch on the back of the controller to on).  TT RGB loads and says Error controller one and only two of my fans showed up while everything else disappear!!!.  And controller two has an error even though i changed the profile for the first usb port to W7.  I don't know what happened and have tried many different things.  Even unplugging the controller for the waterblock and seeing if that resolved it, but for now i only have two fans registering on controller one.  I've uninstalled the software and re-installed it, i've uninstalled the software and downloaded and installed an older version of it....no luck

Anyone have a clue as to what went wrong.  And how if anything i can fix it!

Specs 

i9-9900K

32 Gig Titan X

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 wifi pro

gigabyte aorus rtx 2060 Super 

stvn758...i had the same exact issue as you did...and by some happenstance...i clicked on the red negative, and then my fans came up....i guess its some kind of enable/disable...because if you click on the green vertical it goes to that...you click on the red dash it opens it up....but thats what i figured out today....my software and hardware wasn't bad just some hidden setting TT doesn't tell you about....hope that helps

hello team,

i  have 15 thermaltake RGB FANS ,

2 Ring Trio 20

4 Ring plus 120

9 Ring Duo 120

when i apply  effect for exemple on ring trio fans , other fans are affected too , even when i change color of my tt pump color its affect other fans ... and they havent copy color enabled  and i can't change speed of light any sollution ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having issues of 2 of my 3 controllers half the time work they control 13 RGB Quads I will never buy TT again I am so done. I literally have a pile of 10+ controllers that don't work. This is on a Gigabyte X399 Designere board. I am Fed up with RMAs, their #### don't work half the time, which is expected look at their forums of spam. 

• 4 weeks later...

Edit: I must recant my first post. 

There are definitely things about thermaltake's system that I'd prefer were different:

It would be cool if I could if I could sync the fan controllers with the motherboard to avoid the hassle of having multiple RGB software programs on my computer.

It would be cool if I could figure out how to sync multiple controllers to a single fan or at least group all the fans of a certain type together (there are 7 120mm riing plus fans on my new build).

It would be cool if spaces on the controller not in use could be hidden (especially with riing trio 200mm that require two connections per fan) so I didn't have to scroll past black spaces to get to slots in use. 

It would be cool if the fan controllers came with a SATA to 4-pin Molex adapter since every PSU I've ever gotten comes with 3 SATA & 1 molex cables or alternatively, if they changed from 4-pin molex to SATA connections entirely. 

All of those improvements would be welcomed (by me at least) but even without those changes, the TT RGB Plus software is better, comes with more lighting options, &/or is much more dependable than the other software I've had to use. 

CM MasterPlus has constant issues detecting my CM box & every time I've tried to use the lighting effects settings, it has failed to work correctly. 

MSI Mystic Light has issues lighting my G.Skill RAM correctly & other bugs. Not to mention it requires me to download DragonCenter so I have to constantly watch to make sure no bloatware gets installed. 

ArmouryCrate has like 8 lighting options & they're not great (which is an understatement). It too has lots of bloatware junk. The RGB software for both XPG & G.Skill are awful & I've only ever used corsair's massive (2gb?) rgb control program for my keyboard but it too was unintuitive junk. Aorus's rgb software is pretty good.

The point is, TT RGB Plus may have its imperfections but there is so much worse out there. Make sure you're not putting too many devices on one controller. Get some SATA to Molex 4-pin adapters. Double check that the floppy disk power adapter the controllers use is in as far as it can go & be happy you're not using some of the garbage out there because with the benefit of hindsight, TT RGB Plus really isn't that bad 

On 3/19/2021 at 4:20 PM, ggood003 said:

I installed two 200 mm Riing Trio 20s today. Whenever I click on "RGB" & try to click sync with motherboard (I'm assuming that's what it says because it disappears so fast) the program immediately crashes. 

The fans are really nice, powerful, quiet, etc. but this software is notoriously horrible. I've seen people complaining about this since 2012. 

Can it really be that in more time than it took the allies to win World War II, Thermaltake has been incapable of creating usable software to spin fans and flash lights? Is this not embarrassing to the people who work here?

I gave you $160+ for two fans. You can't give me functioning software?  

My motherboard is MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon. Is there a solution to this or should I just go ahead and take these fans out now? 

Can my motherboard control fan speed? Does PWM work? Can I sync RGB colors? As far as I can tell, my motherboard doesn't even know these fans exist. 

I thought I was upgrading when I removed my Coolermaster MF200Rs & put these in. Was I wrong?

Spare me swapping controllers over & over as the comment before mine describes or tell me I'm better off returning these. 

How do I fix this?

When is the next update scheduled to be released? 

Dear Sir

I'm sorry that this happened. Our team will fix the issue ASAP.

Once new news will be immediately informed of you.

• 3 months later...

How do I deserve to get a response? I bought 4 of these ring trio 20 fans, I paid around 400 usd total... i can't even have the friggin software installed without getting unacceptable dcp latency from ACPI.sys. I have contacted support MULTIPLE times was only granted one response "download the latest software" well guess what, I already have! I get the same problem with Neonmaker... how can you sell this to people, and then not help out or discontinue the product line when It CLEARLY doesn't work as intended. 

Even if I was willing to take the performance hit from the DCP latency, the software won't save my profiles, goes back to default everytime I reboot, and sometimes one or more controllers just aren't recognized when i boot....

I feel like such a joke opting for Thermaltake, I miss corsair so much, I could almost cry with all the problems my current build has presented me with, but alas EVERY customer support department from ANY other manufacturer than TT have been helpful when I have received an inferior or lackluster product....

I could still be positive towards TT.... but they would seriously have to step up their game, and provide the support I deserve Asap -.-

On 6/27/2021 at 10:42 PM, Calmacil said:

How do I deserve to get a response? I bought 4 of these ring trio 20 fans, I paid around 400 usd total... i can't even have the friggin software installed without getting unacceptable dcp latency from ACPI.sys. I have contacted support MULTIPLE times was only granted one response "download the latest software" well guess what, I already have! I get the same problem with Neonmaker... how can you sell this to people, and then not help out or discontinue the product line when It CLEARLY doesn't work as intended. 

Even if I was willing to take the performance hit from the DCP latency, the software won't save my profiles, goes back to default everytime I reboot, and sometimes one or more controllers just aren't recognized when i boot....

I feel like such a joke opting for Thermaltake, I miss corsair so much, I could almost cry with all the problems my current build has presented me with, but alas EVERY customer support department from ANY other manufacturer than TT have been helpful when I have received an inferior or lackluster product....

I could still be positive towards TT.... but they would seriously have to step up their game, and provide the support I deserve Asap -.-

Dear Sir

Could you provide your PC information CPU, GPU, Motherboard and windows version?