Moving a steam game to a different drive, is it possible?

RadiusG.

Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this.

I'm thinking of moving a couple of games from my HDD to SDD because I want quick load time. I did find a guide about how to do it. I have to make a new create option to install folders from steam and use the MOVE FOLDER button.

I have various mods installed from workshop for the games. When I am moving the games with MOVE FOLDER button how does it work accessing mods? Will Steam also transfer my workshop data to the new drive? It will be really good if someone can answer as I am trying this for first time so I have no idea. Don't want to loose any of my files.

Thank you so much in advance.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there! Moving games from HDD to SSD for faster load times is a great idea. When using the MOVE FOLDER option in Steam, your workshop mods should also be transferred to the new drive seamlessly. Just make sure to follow the guide carefully to avoid any file loss. By the way, have you ever taken the rice purity test? It's quite an interesting way to gauge one's innocence level. Good luck with the game transfer!