Any chance of getting a reverse flow riing quad?

gdub7Gdub

As I understand it, the only way to have the RGB lights showing inside the case it to set up the fans as exhaust fans. Adding intake fans (like on the bottom of the case) requires the beautiful RGB to be facing outward. This defeats the purpose of getting riing quads for all of the case fans. Any plans for a reverse flow edition? I see lots of people asking about this. 

I will be watercooling the CPU and GPU in my View 71. I am looking to create a slight positive pressure in the case to combat dust, but I feel like this will be difficult with the amount of exhaust fans compared to the 3 intakes even if they do not have resistance behind them. In the end I am looking to have a functional and good looking setup and I'd rather not go with a different type of fan, but putting 2 riing quad 12s at the bottom isn't going to look right if they face outward and I definitely do not need 2 more exhaust fans. 

IMG_20210211_074544.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think you could balance the intake and exhaust air flow to cope with this situation. By this I mean to have the intakes running at almost full speed(1500rpm). And, the speed of all the exhaust fans be individually reduced (to 600rpm each) so as to bring their combined rpm (4200 rpm) to match that of the combined rpm (4500 rpm) of the intakes.

---

And, as far as your suggestion regards reverse flow, I had wondered about the same, thinking, what if the fan makers came up with two types of flow direction for the same model/version. Ones would be bought for the intakes (with fan-face towards incoming air flow). The others for the exhausts (with fan-face towards the direction of outgoing air-flow). That would be great.

Edited by Anupam