TT RGB PLUS 1.4.0 (1.3.9&1.3.7) with Ring Quad 12 (ONLY SOMETIMES WORKS PROPERLY) WIDEO

fr3sh

So I'm little be disapointed on this product. Every one has the same issue with it and they are not respond. Even on the forum no solution for the customers.

Here is how to looks like in my case sometimes. The Ring Quads are not found in the system 

MY SETUP:

MATHERBOARD: TRX40 AORUS XTREME (rev. 1.0)
PROCESSOR: Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Ram G-Skill Trodent- X 128Gb
POWER SUPLY: Corsair i1600W
Thermal Take Ring Quad 12
DYSKS: SSD MP6000

RESULT:

WIDEO

see also the attachment files. 

The wideo can help you only workaround to the issue.

No matter how you're controllers will set up. No matter how your controller be plug in and where. I have tryied so many different scenarios.  

Sometimes they are working and sometimes they dont with no reason at all. And default ring color on boot when you set up profile 
is making this product not on 21th century. I wish I knew these before buying

My  .50 cent on this crap product.

Sadly it's a waste of money. If they be honest then they should refund this product for customers asap and 
say something that they screw this up.

TT release the software to public. Internet will fix you the software issues if you cant do it properly in tree releases. 

IMG_20210227_120556.jpg

IMG_20210227_111251.jpg

IMG_20210227_123334.jpg

get used to it.. I RMA'd half a half dozen controllers after a month or so they stop working, return them asap. Might be a AMD issue I dk but their software is #### I will never buy another thermaltake item again. I can't even sell them to other people at this point! I got 15 rainbow puke rgb fans now on a threadripper that half #### works.

A friend of mine who owns an X570 Aorus Xtreme with a 3900X CPU, nothing worked I even lent him my Riing Trio controllers but still to no avail.

When he tested the fans on an old motherboard he had from like 7 or 8 years ago it all worked well.

He also tried it on a relative PC that worked fine.

My guess is that there is something not working between Aorus firmware/bios and Thermaltake firmware.

He then switched to Corsair QL fans and he is so happy and regrets buying the Quad fans.

----------------------------------

Thermaltake support takes weeks to answer, their mods like stealth mode on the forum, their whole marketing is focused on selling the product and to #### with the customer after the sale happens.

Lesson learned~

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 8:57 PM, fr3sh said:

So I'm little be disapointed on this product. Every one has the same issue with it and they are not respond. Even on the forum no solution for the customers.

Here is how to looks like in my case sometimes. The Ring Quads are not found in the system 

MY SETUP:

MATHERBOARD: TRX40 AORUS XTREME (rev. 1.0)
PROCESSOR: Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Ram G-Skill Trodent- X 128Gb
POWER SUPLY: Corsair i1600W
Thermal Take Ring Quad 12
DYSKS: SSD MP6000

RESULT:

WIDEO

see also the attachment files. 

The wideo can help you only workaround to the issue.

No matter how you're controllers will set up. No matter how your controller be plug in and where. I have tryied so many different scenarios.  

Sometimes they are working and sometimes they dont with no reason at all. And default ring color on boot when you set up profile 
is making this product not on 21th century. I wish I knew these before buying

My  .50 cent on this crap product.

Sadly it's a waste of money. If they be honest then they should refund this product for customers asap and 
say something that they screw this up.

TT release the software to public. Internet will fix you the software issues if you cant do it properly in tree releases. 

IMG_20210227_120556.jpg

IMG_20210227_111251.jpg

IMG_20210227_123334.jpg

Dear User

Thank you for ur report, Could you provide the log file to us.

Following the tips below this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4vu78intz2bbdi/TT RGB PLUS Debug Mode.docx?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 6:27 PM, fr3sh said:

Allahualam. I second that. TT should release their software to the public. It would be better for them as well as the users.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:20 PM, Vinasis said:

A friend of mine who owns an X570 Aorus Xtreme with a 3900X CPU, nothing worked I even lent him my Riing Trio controllers but still to no avail.

When he tested the fans on an old motherboard he had from like 7 or 8 years ago it all worked well.

He also tried it on a relative PC that worked fine.

Even I have a (gigabyte) motherboard that I got in mid 2014 that makes it around 7 yrs old now!

So, from your comment I believe I may not face troubles using Riing Quad fans on this mobo of mine.

Based on this info I have ordered for the riing quads which is yet to be delivered. Lets hope alls fine. I will post about it when I have them.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:18 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear User

Thank you for ur report, Could you provide the log file to us.

Following the tips below this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4vu78intz2bbdi/TT RGB PLUS Debug Mode.docx?dl=0

Tony.P this is imposible to do what you are tying to do because the controlers are not visiblie in the system. Running the program with debug mode will open a program with 

the notification visible below and not store the logs because of not visible controlers on the system! 

image.thumb.png.1877158b88bfbdcf7f1a575feb4e5f8b.png

Moving Forward I will turn it off one controler and on from the conflicted system manager

image.thumb.png.7f76ad7c69c6b686a007ba0cc8d58a11.png

Now it's more interesting but still no logs!

image.thumb.png.1b284c9060a1853be5569d3ec4aadead.png

last test with two controllers working on the system manager shows the same as above screen with the message. Still no logs!

• 4 weeks later...

I got with TT not too long ago they sent me 2 more controllers, and so far they working. What I understand they are working on new software, maybe they can assign different controllers to temps sensors for those of us that have 2 loops. Support has been very understanding. That being said there are a few ways to bypass the controller itself and use a custom controller. Youtube has a video that has the proprietary pinout explained.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, fr3sh said:

Any news?

Dear user

After testing, it's regretted that problem is only on the AMD platform.

Our team suggest that update BIOS to FBi and Windows to 21H1 will temporarily resolve the problem. 

Thank you for your report.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:54 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear user

Our team suggest that update BIOS to FBi and Windows to 21H1 will temporarily resolve the problem. 

Im on rev.1.0 of the motherboard so I have F4q bios its the same as FBI.

I have this bios updated 3 months already and nothing was changed. I will try to update windows to 21H1 but I don't think so it will help. 

Could you please share what is the problem with AMD platform?  

If you are aware of the problem now how can I return this FANS if they are not working for me corectly.

I want to belive it you are good company. 

• 9 months later...

I like your setup. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am glad I found your website while searching for this https://www.topwritersreview.com/blog/how-to-write-a-conclusion-for-an-essay/ website online. I want to hire an essay writer and before that I want to make sure it is trustworthy that is why I was searching for a site online in which I can read reviews.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 4:54 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear user

It can't be AMD only, as I am running into this issue on a Z590 mobo with a 10850k.

Same issue with the new 2.0 TT RGB Plus software. When I reboot the computer, it will sometimes detect both controllers, or it will just detect one or the other. I know the controllers work, because it sometimes detects both and they work just fine. It's completely random upon restart it seems. Right now, only one controller is working for me, but next restart, it could be the other one or both that work again. Or, sometimes it's none at all--It's a complete gamble.

I'm running Windows 11 21H2 with the latest version of TT RGB 2.0. The mobo is ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WIFI and the BIOS is 1402.