Parts / modding for Thermaltake Core X71

Wompwomp

My most recent build is in a Core X71, which meets  all my needs, but I am getting the custom mod itch, as  well as want to add a feature that did not come with the case. Hoping someone has sources that they could share. I tried reaching out to Thermaltake Support via their contact form, but got no response, so hoping maybe some of their staff monitor the forums.

First, the one that should be the easiest; Is there any place to purchase spare lower sides? The little mini mesh panels that cover the area where the PSU is mounted. I have an idea to add a small LCD screen there that will display temps, load, and FPS data, but I would prefer to experiment with a spare than potentially destroy a part that can not be replaced without buying a whole new case.

Second, the small top/front panel which contains the power and reset buttons, audio jacks, and the USB 2.0/3.0 Type A ports, is there any chance of getting an updated one which also contains a USB 3.1 (Gen2) Type C port? Seeing as how many modern motherboards boards now include headers for USB 3.1, it would be nice to have that available on the front panel. Several of TT's other chassis have 3.1 Type C ports, just not this one, sadly.

On 2/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, Wompwomp said:

My most recent build is in a Core X71, which meets  all my needs, but I am getting the custom mod itch, as  well as want to add a feature that did not come with the case. Hoping someone has sources that they could share. I tried reaching out to Thermaltake Support via their contact form, but got no response, so hoping maybe some of their staff monitor the forums.

First, the one that should be the easiest; Is there any place to purchase spare lower sides? The little mini mesh panels that cover the area where the PSU is mounted. I have an idea to add a small LCD screen there that will display temps, load, and FPS data, but I would prefer to experiment with a spare than potentially destroy a part that can not be replaced without buying a whole new case.

Second, the small top/front panel which contains the power and reset buttons, audio jacks, and the USB 2.0/3.0 Type A ports, is there any chance of getting an updated one which also contains a USB 3.1 (Gen2) Type C port? Seeing as how many modern motherboards boards now include headers for USB 3.1, it would be nice to have that available on the front panel. Several of TT's other chassis have 3.1 Type C ports, just not this one, sadly.

PM U