Thermaltake Riing Trio Single pack??

Stefan Schulz

Hello,

I'm planing a new build at the moment. For that build I found the Thermaltake Riing Trio to be the best Fans I could imagine. All of my needs are fulified on them.

• Addressable RGB
  • Data Return Pin
  • PWM Control
  • Speedo Data
  • Lightning on the Backside (for Pull Config on Front Rad.)

But there's one major flaw of these I'm really upset about:

They're only available in 3 Pack with incl. Controller

For my needs I would need 6 Fans in Total: 4x120mm and 2x 140 mm, so I would need to buy 6 120's and 3 140's. Having these Controller Boxes and 3 Fans laying useless around.

Is there any Possibility to get them in Single Packs? Maybe on request?

I will definitely not pay over 100 extra bucks for these Extra Fans and Controller being useless in shelf.

greetings

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Stefan,

I am an owner of 13 Riing Trio fans and I have two sitting on the side for backup.

I recommend not going for Thermaltake Products for the following reasons.

1. Support is almost none existent (check the forum posts of people asking for help and not getting any).

2. For the past 2 years, I don't recall additions to the effects of the RGB.

3. The cables use a special type of header to connect so no normal aftermarket controller will work, if your controller dies for whatever reason, you're done.

4. Having to buy packs of 3, while it was announced that there will be options to buy single pieces but they are hard if even possible to find available.

- My fans look amazing and all and I am ok with them, but at the time I bought them there were no Corsair QL fans or Uni Fans from Lian Li.

If you feel that THIS IS the product for you then by all means go for it, otherwise for the same amount of money or a bit less even I would recommend you to go for the Corsair QL fans or even go for the Uni Fans of Lian Li.

You can buy them in packs or singles, they have their software or you can use the motherboard software.

Oh a side note as well, if you want to use the motherboard software you need to buy a "special" controller that you can hook 9 fans to but you will ONLY be able to control the RGB of the fans from the motherboard software and the speed from the Bios.

Sorry for the wall of text and I hope this will help you make your decision.

First: Thanks for your awnser

Well, in the meanwhile I bought some used on eBay. 

As well, I bought on AliExpress some wiring, Dupont plugs, ARBG (Aqua Computer RGBpx) plugs and crimps, so I'm going to Tinker these Fans to be multi Useable on Farbwerk 360 (ARGB Controller) and QUADRO (PWM Fan Controller). Since I'm on that way all the Thermaltake Specific problems are not suitable for me. I'm not using their Controller/Software. I'm not going to use Support since I'm Tinkering on the Cables. And for your Point 4: got 3 packs for 50 bucks on eBay. Leftover Fans will be used as Vents on the desk in summer :D

• 1 month later...