After Re-Installing Windows Now I Have No RGB

Wang Wayne

I did a fresh install of windows the other day and when I did the RGB on my Thermaltake Pure Plus 12 RGB Fans where working but couldn't be controlled with the software. Then I plugged in a Corsair ST100 RGB headphone stand via USB to my Thermaltake View 71 case and all the RGB turned off and stopped working on one controller. The way I have it set up is I had my exhaust fan on one controller that came with the fans by it's self. It still worked, however I had a TT Sync controller that I had the 8 of the Pure Plus 12 fans plugged into. The RGB on this controller stopped working. So I started by changing the PWM cable and the Bridge Cable that went to my ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero MOBO. It still did not work. So I purchased a new TT Sync Controller and still am having no luck. All fans work but no RGB at all. I'm getting a controller 15 error in the Thermaltake Software. 

• 1 year later...

Were the video drivers installed correctly? If it happened right after the Windows installation, there must be a software problem. It sometimes happens that the drivers get installed incorrectly, and you might need to delete the current ones and install the new drivers manually. It’s a little tricky, but it does work.
You can also try reinstalling Windows from the beginning one more time, hoping that helps. You can upgrade to a newer version and go, for instance, to Windows 10. There are a lot of possibilities to buy activation keys for windows 10 cheap online. The new OS might be better at controlling the RGB.