Pacific W7 Plus digital lighting controller not working

systmfck

Recently installed Pacific W7 plus CPU block into new full custom loop; Installed 1.4.0 version of TT RGB plus software and was able to set RGB on W7 and change PWM profile for D5 pump. Went out of town for a week, and upon returning the TT RBG plus software now states "Can not detect controller, please check the fan controller is connected. (Error code:H_0x0001)"

No LED's are lit on the W7, I've tried unplugging the 4-pin power cable on the controller connection and windows will play the "device disconnected" sound and play the "device connected" sound when plugged back in. I even tried adding a fresh install of the TT RGB software to a different system, plugging in the 9-pin USB header plug to the new system and all the behaviors are the same

My controllers are nuts also. I'm using 4 - Fans, water block, pump, and fittings. 

I just left the back of the case of (Core P5 ) and I have it to when is freezes up, I just reach back unplug then plug back in the mini HDMI going from USB 9 pin to the fan controller (fan 1 of 4), then it work for a while.....so far it's been okay all day!

The molex wires, and other thin wires (make sure the small wires into the female 9 pin USB are okay)  in the equipment make it difficult. I had a case where the 4 molex pin instead of going into the PSU molex, they were pushed back so no connection was made, also trying to bridge the 2 different controllers was a pain (one marked 'temp', comes with water block and also RGB pump/res).

The Fan/fittings controllers have different bridge wire. Whatever the situation, I just hope the bugs get fixed soon. 

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I did an RMA request for the whole product, explaining that the TEMP controller wasn't working. They responded and sent a replacement controller and cables and did not need the "dead" temp controller unit shipped back. It is nice when a company understands the value of helping the customer with a product and not making it too overly complicated. Everything working great again. Thanks Tt