RGB Question

User13

Not having any luck finding an answer to this anywhere else, so figured I'd go to the source.  I'm using the TT Water 3.0 ARGB aio.  It's currently plugged into my mobo and getting it's rgb stuff from that.  I'm using an ASRock, and if you aren't aware, their Polychrome software kind of sucks.  I'm also using a bunch of Corsair fans and because of that I've got an extra Corsair Lighting Node Core controller.  I'd much rather use the iCue software for my lighting, so I'd like to run the aio rgb through that, but I understand that Corsair uses DuPont connectors which, while not unique to Corsair, I think are unique for rgb applications.  So that leaves me with two questions.  One, do you think I'll need an adapter to plug into the Corsair controller (and if so do you know which?) and two, as the aio fans are designed to piggyback together before going out to the 3 pin to plug into the mobo, will I need adapters for each individual fan?  Or are they all capable of being plugged into a 3 pin outlet?

I'm really hoping someone is able/willing to help me with this.  Thanks.

(I know I could just take a look at the aio to find out what kind of connectors they have for each fan, but I'm honestly trying to avoid taking the whole thing apart as it was my first build and I'm really nervous to get back in there :P  I've looked at install vids trying to figure it out, but I've never found a good, clear view)

• 2 weeks later...

Been a couple weeks and nothing with this.  What it boils down to is this... the aio comes with 3 fans which all daisy chain together, and then there's an adapter cable labeled 'E', which connects to the end of the daisy chain on one end, and has a 3 pin plug on the other.  I just need to know what that other end is.  What kind of cable?  If I knew what it was, I could get an adapter.  Basically I just need 2 more of those 'E' adapters.  I just don't know what they are to order them.

7 hours ago, blueamcat said:

Hey! As far as I'm aware, Corsair iCue will ONLY work with Corsair products. I don't think getting an adapter will help your situation. 

You may have to ask Corsair support though if you want an absolute concrete answer. :)

Yeah, not really a question that it works.  There's plenty of people doing it and you can find tutorials on youtube about it.  I know where to buy adapters, I just don't know which adapter to buy because I don't know what kind of connector is on the thermaltake aio fans.  Corsair, btw, just spouts the company line, 'We don't support that'.

• 2 weeks later...