rinng quad fans help needed

Stuart Wilson

Yep, that happened to me also - on just about all the Molex wires I was sent. Best suggestion I can make is, put the plastic piece over the 4 pins, then push each one in from the top of the specific pin wire  from 1 to 4. as long as each pin gets in to the hole, it should work. Usually when 1 of the pins doesn't make complete contact in the hole is when you have problems.

....but they do need to make them a bit sturdier.

1 hour ago, AlexanderFuSheng said:

Yep, that happened to me also - on just about all the Molex wires I was sent. Best suggestion I can make is, put the plastic piece over the 4 pins, then push each one in from the top of the specific pin wire  from 1 to 4. as long as each pin gets in to the hole, it should work. Usually when 1 of the pins doesn't make complete contact in the hole is when you have problems.

....but they do need to make them a bit sturdier.

i can do that but i need to know what wires go in what way round a molex plug has one 5v wire 2 grounds and a 12 v if i mix the 5v with the 12 volts i can say goodbye to a  very expensive pc so good idea but ill pass thats why im asking if anyone has a pinout for this  lead so i know where the wires go

4 hours ago, Stuart Wilson said:

i can do that but i need to know what wires go in what way round a molex plug has one 5v wire 2 grounds and a 12 v if i mix the 5v with the 12 volts i can say goodbye to a  very expensive pc so good idea but ill pass thats why im asking if anyone has a pinout for this  lead so i know where the wires go

The curved part of the broken piece will face the same direction as the other end that plugs into the controller top side.

With the controller facing up, plug the molex end into the controller - flattren out the wire so it isn't twisted, then put the curved to of the broken piece on it facing up like the piece in the comtroller

best I can do.