View 51 Fans Spin but do not Light up

TheCoachStone

I have set up my View 51 case and everything seems in order except that my case fans will not light up.  I am not using a compatible MB, so I am trying to use the reset switch method.  It is hooked up and I have held it for 3-10 seconds, but the fans will just not light up.  What am I missing?

3 hours ago, TheCoachStone said:

I have set up my View 51 case and everything seems in order except that my case fans will not light up.  I am not using a compatible MB, so I am trying to use the reset switch method.  It is hooked up and I have held it for 3-10 seconds, but the fans will just not light up.  What am I missing?

Hello 

Could you shoot a short video of your system?  

and also, take some pics for the control board , so that I could check how you connect the cables. 

thanks

Re-check all connections - especially the power at the SATA end (wire connected to 'COM')

Each fan and RGB circuit is hooked up to the same wire so if the fans spin and (have power ), either you need to cycle through the RGB modes using the reset switch or touching a metal object against the two pins that the reset wire is connected to (to see if the switch is working) OR that the RGB isn't set to off.

Are you able to connect the black M/B-IN connector (top of board as shown in pic) to your motherboard (3-PIN header / 5V Only!)?

If none of the above works then you may have a shorted out controller board

On 5/13/2021 at 10:32 AM, FUCHI said:

Re-check all connections - especially the power at the SATA end (wire connected to 'COM')

Each fan and RGB circuit is hooked up to the same wire so if the fans spin and (have power ), either you need to cycle through the RGB modes using the reset switch or touching a metal object against the two pins that the reset wire is connected to (to see if the switch is working) OR that the RGB isn't set to off.

Are you able to connect the black M/B-IN connector (top of board as shown in pic) to your motherboard (3-PIN header / 5V Only!)?

If none of the above works then you may have a shorted out controller board

All the connections are solid.  I used a multi meter and I'm getting voltage on the 5v and 12v. 

EDIT: I thought I only connected it to the mb if mine was compatible.  Do I connect the controller board to the mother board either way?  It is an Asus Prime Z270-K

Edited by TheCoachStone
clarification

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, TheCoachStone said:

All the connections are solid.  I used a multi meter and I'm getting voltage on the 5v and 12v. 

EDIT: I thought I only connected it to the mb if mine was compatible.  Do I connect the controller board to the mother board either way?  It is an Asus Prime Z270-K

Hello 

Sorry to get back to you late. 

Have you tried to connect to you motherboard? does it come with the 5V connector? 

the setup looks fine to me, you try to connect to the mobo first if it's possible.

or maybe I have to arrange the new fans to you. all three fans are working but no lighting, right?

30 minutes ago, TT James said:

Hello 

Sorry to get back to you late. 

Have you tried to connect to you motherboard? does it come with the 5V connector? 

the setup looks fine to me, you try to connect to the mobo first if it's possible.

or maybe I have to arrange the new fans to you. all three fans are working but no lighting, right?

No worries.  I cannot find the cable that attaches the mobo to the controller.  I may have misplaced it because my mobo is not compatible with the controller.  Do you think that is my issue?  Yes, the fans work fine - they just do not light up.

4 minutes ago, TheCoachStone said:

No worries.  I cannot find the cable that attaches the mobo to the controller.  I may have misplaced it because my mobo is not compatible with the controller.  Do you think that is my issue?  Yes, the fans work fine - they just do not light up.

the lighting should works properly no matter which mobo you have. 

have you tried to press the RGB button for 3~5 seconds? that's how we switch  the mode from RGB button to mobo. 

4 minutes ago, TT James said:

the lighting should works properly no matter which mobo you have. 

have you tried to press the RGB button for 3~5 seconds? that's how we switch  the mode from RGB button to mobo. 

Yes sir.  I've even tried an aftermarket power switch to see if the button was the issue.  Neither worked.