Toughpower PF1 850W order of connectors

toughpower, PF1, connectors, blind,Hello there,

I'd be grateful fir any assistance.  I'm registered blind and building a new system using the Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 850W RGB. I've built systems before but the hardest part is always working out parts and connectors, especially for new products, when I'm not able to see diagrams in instruction manuals.

To make sure I don't inadvertently connect something that causes a short circuit, would someone be kind enough to list the order of connections on the PF1 from left to right, top to bottom?  This is obviously shown in the user guide but as said I can't see that - I'm only able to read text with my screen reader.

Once I know the order the rest is easy.  Thanks so much in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, do you still need help with this? If not, no big deal and I'm glad you figured it out. If so, I hope this helps.

I'm reading the doc for TOUGHPOWER PF1 ARGB - 850W part # PS-TPD-0850F3FAPU-1

From left to right, top to bottom:

The first connector is 8 pins and is labeled 4+4 CPU & 6+2 PCI-E

The second connector is also 8 pins and is labeled 4+4 CPU & 6+2 PCI-E

The third connector is part of the 24 pin motherboard connector and has 18 pins

The fourth connector is also part of the 24 pin motherboard connector and has 10 pins

both of them are labled 24 PIN ATX

Moving to the second row

The first connector on the second row is another 8 pin connector labeled 4+4 CPU & 6+2 PCI-E

The second connector on the second row is also 8 pin labeled 4+4 CPU & 6+2 PCI-E

The third connector on the second row is 6 pin labeled Peripheral and SATA

The fourth connector on the second row is also 6 pin labeled Peripheral and SATA

Moving to the third row

The first connector on the third row is another 8 pin connector labeled 4+4 CPU & 6+2 PCI-E

The second connector on the third row is another 6 pin labeled Peripheral and SATA

The third connector on the third row is also 6 pin labeled Peripheral and SATA

There is one more connector on the power supply that isn't really part of a row or column. It is all the way to the right side of the P/S and has 3 pins vertically. This is the ARGB Sync connector that goes to your motherboard ARGB header.

Good luck with your build and take care!

Matt

Hi there,

Thanks so much for getting back to me and for that description - perfect and I was able to follow through with no problem.

Just one more question - the ARGB cable you mentioned has two connectors - I take it one goes to the ARGB header and the other to the RGB?  

Thanks very much once again.