Thermal take Rgb Controllers

Biggletops

I have an Asus z390-a motherboard with 3 packs of the Ring Trio 12 fans. 5 fans into controller 1, 4 into controller 2, controller 1 switch flipped up. Controller 1 is connected to molex and Mobo 2.0 USB connector. Controller 2 is connected to molex and bridged to controller 1. My first 5 fans light up, can be controlled, show up in ttrgb plus, basically works perfectly. The problem is that fan controller 2 does not. I've switched to a 3rd controller to eliminate that possibly being an issue (3 boxes of ring trio fans, so had an extra controller to troubleshoot with), my last 4 fans, that are hooked into the 2nd fan controller spin, but don't light up. That was not an issue for about 2 months, then all of a sudden, poof, doesn't light up but the fans still spin. The weird thing is, is that sometimes over the course of long gaming sessions, fans 6-9 will light up Rgb, but still be uncontrollable through ttrgb plus. The 2nd controller does not appear either. I fiddled with it, took the fan connectors out of the controller, and I saw controller 2 become accessable in ttrgb until I tried plugging a fan connector back into it. Trying to find out what's going on, it's frustrating me endlessly, and all troubleshooting thus far has been with fail. Any help would be appreciated, I am so confused as to why it is operating like this, thanks so much!

Hi there,

I've been very frustrated with TT software over the last few months too. I bought a 4 pack of Ring Quads and they didn't work right out of the box. TT replaced the controller for me and things got better. In my build I have all 4 fans connected to the RGB controller and then the controller is the only thing attached to the molex connector from my power supply. If I add any other devices to the power connector my machine won't even power on. I currently believe it is a power draw issue because everything works just fine if I move the other devices to a different power connector. And by different I mean an entirely separate power cable, not just a different molex connector along the same power cable - if that makes sense. I wonder if you're pulling too much power through a single peripheral/sata power connector on your P/S and that's why the RGB isn't lighting up. Can you get it to work with just 6 fans?

Sorry I don't have a more precise solution for you but I thought I'd offer my advice and encouragement. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I tried running each controller through separate peripheral power cables to see if power draw was the issue through the PSU at least. The fans will spin but still no light unfortunately, right now, I can get 5 fans on 1 controller no problem, light up, spinning, and controllable, it's just a the last 4, even when I gave it extra power through a new molex power cable. I have an 850 watt PSU so power through multiple peripheral cables definately shouldn't be a problem, unfortunately it is. Hope the best to you, and our problems bud lol

Nice looking rig!

Do you notice Windows chirping that noise it makes when USB devices are added/removed from the system when the lights suddenly turn on like that? I use a cheap KVM to switch between my personal PC and my work laptop which means my USB keyboard is constantly being added/removed from the system. I believe this type of event causes some sort of noise or scan on the USB bus and the TT software doesn't like it. I downloaded USB Tree View to start learning more about what's going on in my USB world but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet.

Here's mine while playing some music so the RGB in Party mode is flashing the lights.

TT Build 1 - Copy.jpg

Anytime the USB is interrupted plugging in, unplugging has caused mine to loose connectivity. TT has replaced a few controllers for me finally the last set has worked. I have a USB for DACs on my motherboard which allows me to add+ .01 volts which has helped stabilize my 3 controllers. I ended up putting all 3 controllers on their own custom made cable to the power supply. So far they work, but GD it's annoying as ####.

• 7 months later...

Offered a Level 10 M mouse from my nearby Playtech in New Zealand, I've been in love with the mouse for a while but the previous day I had a trouble.
I had a mother can in my bag that I hadn't under the influence of alcohol yet the day past at college and for the duration of 2d duration the can punctured and spilled the power drink through my mouse and laptop.

• 10 months later...