Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W - Two units, different connection layouts

A few weeks ago I bought a 850W Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 on Amazon, which worked okay until a few days ago when it started to make a weird buzzing noise. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a replacement PSU (also a Toughpower GF1 850W) but to my surprise, when I took it out of the box it had a different connection layout, but it came with the same cables and manual. The replacement PSU only seems to have one EPS/CPU port instead of two and it comes with three PCI-E ports, unlike the first PSU I got which has 5 shared CPU + PCI-E ports, which is how they advertise it. Apparently even though they're both the same product name, the model numbers are different. The replacement PSU's model number is TTP-850AH3FSG-V (Made in Vietnam) and the defective one is TTP-850AH3FCG (Made in China)

With the defective PSU, I used to plug in two 4+4 CPU cables from the PSU to the motherboard ports (for overclocking) as well as the 24 pin ATX connector. So my question is, are the PCIE slots in the replacement PSU also CPU slots, like the “defected” PSU? And they’ll draw the required power to the motherboard if used with a CPU cable? Meaning, if I plug in a CPU cable into the PCIE slot in the PSU in order to power the motherboard, as long as the cable fits (which does, already tested it but haven't powered it yet) and I don't use a PCIE cable (which I know has a completely different wiring), it won't have any issues, right?

Or do I need to ask Amazon to send me a second replacement, this time with the correct layout? I'm attaching a photo of both PSUs, first one is the replacement unit, the one in the bottom is the defective PSU, and the

Thanks!

IMG_42088.jpg

• 1 year later...