Thermaltake case fan connectors

PatrickG77P

I have a Thermaltake View 51 case that came with 2 200mm and 1 120mm case fans and 1 controller. The controller has 6 pin connectors for fans. I have to add 6 fans for radiators and 3 argb waterblocks for CPU,GPU and Distro plate. The controller has only one available connector for another fan so I will have to add a controller. Can I get rid of the controller that the case came with and replace with another controller with more connections as I am trying to clean up any unnecessary wiring. All the controllers that I see for sale have 4 pin connections or other types. Do I have to replace my fans that came with the case to something compatible or am I forced to keep controller that case came with and somehow connect another controller to that one to control the additional 9 argb devices. Thanks for any help I am trying to learn as I go building my first PC but I am not finding alot of information out there on this subject.

Patrick

12 hours ago, PatrickG77P said:

I have a Thermaltake View 51 case that came with 2 200mm and 1 120mm case fans and 1 controller. The controller has 6 pin connectors for fans. I have to add 6 fans for radiators and 3 argb waterblocks for CPU,GPU and Distro plate. The controller has only one available connector for another fan so I will have to add a controller. Can I get rid of the controller that the case came with and replace with another controller with more connections as I am trying to clean up any unnecessary wiring. All the controllers that I see for sale have 4 pin connections or other types. Do I have to replace my fans that came with the case to something compatible or am I forced to keep controller that case came with and somehow connect another controller to that one to control the additional 9 argb devices. Thanks for any help I am trying to learn as I go building my first PC but I am not finding alot of information out there on this subject.

Patrick

Hello 

what kind of ARGB components do you plan to buy for you system? 

for the control board comes with ARGB cases, it can support up to 90 ARGB LEDs. and each of the ARGB fans that pre-install in View 51 comes with 9 LEDs.

if you choose other ARGB components from Thermaltake, you gotta keep an eye on this issue. you may need to connect other control box that come with other components.

Or if you plan to have all other ARGB components from other brands, you may have to remove the original ARGB fans in the case.

you cannot connect the pre-install fans with others' ARGB fans or waterblocks.

I am hoping to stick to Thermaltake fans for the build and am looking at replacing the fans that came with the case to have them all using the same connectors as the case fans that came with case are 6 pin connectors which do not seem to be common. The following is what I plan on installing for fans and argb lighting components:

·         6 Thermaltake Riing Quad fand for 2 separate radiators

·         1 Thermaltake Distro plate with argb for pump and reservoir

·         1 EKW Quantum Momentum CPU monoblock argb waterblock cooler

·         1 EKWB unknown argb GPU waterblock as I have not bought GPU yet

All this will be running off of a ASUS ROG Crosshair Viii dark hero motherboard. I do not know much about the 5v vs 12v but am assuming all the newer argb componnents are using the 5v header to run these. I may have to switch to Thermaltake Riing plus fans as these have less LED’s in them to remain under 90 LED’s?