2nd Controller Detected - First Controller Missing

a1manesh

I have had my first 3-pack of Riing Quad fans for over a year and I love them.

Decided to get a 2nd pack, connected 2 fans to the remaining 2 slots (Previously 3 connected, now 5 total) on my first controller, and then connected the daisy chain correctly and connected the 6th fan to the 2nd controller.

All fans run and work, however any TT RGB PLUS software only detects controller 2 (which is only connected via daisy chain) with the 6th fan.  Fans 1-5 are no where to be seen. 

As for the DIP Switch, I have followed the manual which says to set Controller #1 to 0 (1 2 3 4 all DOWN) and Controller #2 to 1 (1 UP,     2 3 4 DOWN)

Whats the issue here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, SlamYourClam said:

Check the device manager. One controller always seems to be in an error state. Disbale it, then re-enable it, and the software should cath the second controller. No idea why it does this, and I figured this out myself! Hope this helps, let me know!!!

Wow Man! That worked!! I kept having to reboot my machine multiple times to get both controllers to show up! Being able to do it through Device Manager sure is easier.

I wish YOU were working for tt, then maybe we would get a permanent fix for this.

tt needs to build a functional and better controller and then Recall the ones we all have to swap them. It is ridiculous to have to pay hundreds of dollars for fan hardware that works intermittently. It gives me no confidence to leave my machine unattended with tt controllers inside.

Does anyone know whether there are other vendors who sell controllers that the tt fans could plug in to?