Toughpower 1375 startup/shutdown loop

ddakj

I know this is a long shot, but I'm having a problem with a build using a Toughpower PSU, and I'd like a quick confirmation before I start tearing down a complicated system for tedious troubleshooting.

If you watch the first 5 seconds of the video below, my Toughpower 1375 starts up, all 3 indicator LEDs go to green, then it shuts down, sits idle for ~3 seconds, then starts up and immediately shuts down again, etc etc.

Can you confirm that that generally looks like a component problem (aka is that normal Thermaltake PSU behavior if the motherboard is DOA)?

Thanks...

Video of system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mSGcYNpXTc (the pumps are running on a second PSU (not shown) during the video)

Hello ddakj,

Have you upgrade or change components before problem occurred ?

It's hard to say which component is the problem.  We at Thermaltake will try our best to support you.

If you locate at USA or Canada, please contact our customer support team for RMA instruction assistance.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free Number: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM ~ 5:30PM (P.S.T)

Have you upgrade or change components before problem occurred ?

Thanks for the response.

This is entirely a 100% new build, so it could be anything. I'm just trying to get some more information right now, see if anyone else has had the PSU cycle like that, and what their cause was, etc. 

I'll swap this PSU into another functional system to ensure it's not the PSU, and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

I swapped the PSU from a functioning PC into this build, and rather than cycling on/off the power to the motherboard stayed on consistent as expected. I then put this Thermaltake PSU in that functioning PC and the system would not boot (no response at all from the power switch). Put the other (non Thermaltake) PSU back in the old system and everything worked again.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that this PSU has issues, and would like an RMA. How do I pursue that? Do you have any final troubleshooting steps before the RMA process?

We are sorry to hear the experience you have with Toughpower TPX-1375M.  

If you locate at USA or Canada, Please apply RMA at this Link.

We will test and confirm the function of PSU.  

Please provide the following informaiton during RMA applicaiton:

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email

Note(Problems)

Item Number

Serial Number

Purchase Locaiton

Invoice Date

Invoice Number

Please attached Copy of Receipt within Return Package.

Sorry for your inconvenience and Thanks for your cooperation.