Controllers failes to detect again..

Hyberpsycrow

I got 7 Riing quads connected to 2 controllers that came with the 3 packs.

Im using the latest rgbplus and today only controller 2 was detected, then i rebooted and controller 1 was detected but not nr 2.

Then i tryed to delete the TT folder Hidden in the windows roaming folder. After a rebbot both controllers was detected again.

Now i have both controlers connected to each ther own power molex cable rail to the psu.

What is wrong with this software or controller ????

I have tryed to change the controllers several times and atm in waiting for the 4th RMA controller.

But it seems random of controller 1 or 2 is detected...It just worked for 7 days until now. It seems random if it works 3 days or 10 days..its like russian roulette !

Is there any supporters in here to help me ?

Maybe they need to work on RGB plus ?!

Last time iposted her ei spoke with a supporter from TT that helped me update rgbplus using my bug logs.

Is he here still to help ?

I think RGB plus need rework.

On 3/27/2022 at 2:58 AM, Hyberpsycrow said:

I got 7 Riing quads connected to 2 controllers that came with the 3 packs.

Im using the latest rgbplus and today only controller 2 was detected, then i rebooted and controller 1 was detected but not nr 2.

Then i tryed to delete the TT folder Hidden in the windows roaming folder. After a rebbot both controllers was detected again.

Now i have both controlers connected to each ther own power molex cable rail to the psu.

What is wrong with this software or controller ????

I have tryed to change the controllers several times and atm in waiting for the 4th RMA controller.

But it seems random of controller 1 or 2 is detected...It just worked for 7 days until now. It seems random if it works 3 days or 10 days..its like russian roulette !

Is there any supporters in here to help me ?

Maybe they need to work on RGB plus ?!

Last time iposted her ei spoke with a supporter from TT that helped me update rgbplus using my bug logs.

Is he here still to help ?

I think RGB plus need rework.

Dear User

You can send us TT RGB PLUS program log again. We will help you to check that the software is working properly.

But I think your problem is related to hardware connection issue.

I just discovered something perhaps important !

Just now controller 1 was only detected of the both controllers and i could see a usb device icon showing up where the windows clock is shown.

My windows is on Danish but it states something about the usb device in english.

Here is a picture of what happend and a link to the error usb device log.

It says something with the device wasent migrated due to a match of some sort.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx4v93m3yf0tkov/Fail start.txt?dl=0

Then there was a yellow triangle with a ! mark on the usb device that is the second controller.

I was able to disable it and then activate it again, then the yellow ! mark diapeared. Then i choosed to exit Rgbplus and opened it again.

Suddenly the second controller was detected !

I dident need to reboot or reinstall anything, Now i know i can just deactivate and activate the usb device again and re start rgbplus for a work around.

But still that isent optimal...So the controller does get powered up but fails to match something. This is still random if its controller 1 or 2. But mostly its controller 2 that fails to detect or wont match.

I hope this helps.

Fail.png

I just want to state that when i bought my pc for ½ a year ago then i had a Hero Maximus XIII asus board. And i had the same problems with the Controllers not being detected.

"I was using the 1.4.4 rgbplus version that seems to work at that time. I havent tested it since you gave me the 2.0.6 version since i dont want that old version again."

I also had some coil noise on the Hero board so i had to RMA it and buy another Hero board. The problem with the controllers not being detected was also the same again and i still had coilnoise on the new board. So i also send it to RMA and bought a Maximus Extreme XIII. So that is 3 motherboards with the same controller not being detected problem and i see alot of people on reddit wit hthe same problem and they keep asking me what to do since i tryed everything and are diving deep in to this problem, since i dont want to give up these fans and try with another brand.

So basicly i tryed with 3 motherboards with riing quad controllers that had the same problem over the last ½ year. So i dount its a faulty USB port. I also tryed both the port on the maximus extreme resulting in same problem.

It is the same problem again...Here is the list on how many times i powered on my pc to test the new rgb plus version...

Nothing changed realy..

Works
Works
Works
Works
Works
Works
Dosent work controller 2 - Deactivate and reactivate the usb controller was not migrated.
Works
Works
Dosent work Controller 2 -  Deactivate and reactivate the usb controller was not migrated.

Allright.

When the second controller not is migrated then i see a USB icon show up where the clock/time is in windows

if i press the usb icon then a hardware list shows up and it shows me a led box with a yellow ! warning sign.

Then if i deactivate it and reactivate and opens rgbplus again then the second controller is detected.

Until i power off my pc and power it on again, then it seems random if it works or not.

The first 6 times it worked stable but then it went back to not migrated error again.

Today there was a windows 10 update and i need to reboot after installation.

When windows was loadet then controller 1 was not detected.

maybe it also has something to do with windows update.

So i had to deactivate the fan controller and reactivate it like i did for the second controller. and then it works again until next time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TT Hank said:

Dear Hyberpsycrow,

Sorry for taking your time on the digital controller issue. 

We are currently developing 4th Gen controller at the moment, it should fix all of the existing issues of the controller. 

Please be patient and we will inform you when the 4th Gen controller is available.

Thank you for your time and patience. 

YES ! Thats the best info i heard !!! :D

You should go and post a sticky info on reddit TT forum so people have hope again.

Will you mail me or pm me in here when they are finished and do i get em for free ?

Also how many fan ports do they have ?

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, alekun said:

Support; 

It's September 2023, using Z790-PLUS WIFI of asus
Connections are alright to the motherboard. I was able to see the controller 1 out of 3 times I boot my computer.

I reckon the problem is still there. 

What you need to do is to write to thermaltake support and ask em to replace ur riing quad controllers. Since these controllers had some problems.

Now they made some new controllers that comes with ther new fans called Swafans and they works 100 %

They replaced my quad controllers with the new controllers.

GL