Inconsistent Fan Controller Recognition

DragonMists

Hello,

So, I have several TT RGB Riing Fans (4 Riing Plus, 3 Riing Duo, 3 Riing Quad, and a Flow DX liquid cooler).  I'm using 3 fan controllers.  Two of the controllers are daisy chained and the liquid cooler is on the third controller that is not daisy chained.  The issue is that when I boot, anywhere from 0-3 of the fan controllers are found allowing me to adjust the RGB using the RGBPlus2.0 software.  When I wake my computer up from sleep, the number of controllers found usually changes.  The fans still turn on and the RGB still lights up using the default rainbow colors.

What is interesting is when I built the computer last year (around December) there were no issues.  But, over time with no changes other than Windows updates, the controller issues developed.  Last week, a new Windows driver installed (called LEDFanBox) after I rerouted the cables thinking the issue was the wiring.  These new drivers are not found when the controllers aren't visable using the RGBPlus2.0 software.

See pictures of proof of function (sometimes) and the drivers.

Thanks for any help.

Specs:

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB)

Sapphire Nitro+ 6700 XT

Corsair RM850x PSU

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI Motherboard

image.thumb.png.c9a9a9d2e430f1ee52fd2b9add3b7b7e.pngimage.thumb.png.b21b1c939c5e849861d08479c4a34285.png

Update:

The new driver seems to be working on the wake up issue.  However, on boot from a shutdown I'm still only getting one of the three controllers identified.  It is the controller that is not daisy-chained.  Also of note, the other two controllers that are not found on boot are on a y-splitter for the usb port.  Only on wakeup from sleep are the other two found.

Thanks for your reply and TT for trying to address these issues.