The Tower 900 Question

croprime90

Hello Gentleman,

At the moment i have LianLi dynamic 11 Case, and at this point its starting to get too small for me after getting 3090 gpu and having to switch to 1600W power supply which is much longer than standard ones. Was looking around market and The Tower 900 looks just godly good. My main concern is that at the moment i am in proces of purchasing house and that always come with unexpected costs so idk how much extra money i can spare to finalize my system.

So to my question,

At the moment i have full custom loop on my i9 9940x, with 10cm (14cm with fans on both sides) thick radiator from aquatuning. So for now my GFX car is not watercooled. and knowing that 3090 puts out huge heat inside chasis, my concern is how possible or good idea would be good to switch to The Tower 900, without having gfx card in water loop as well. Since idk how good airflow there is inside 900 case where all components are located. Anyone with experience can give me tip? Should i wait few more months to spend extra 1000€ for full water loop on gfx card with both back and front watercooled plates. or could The Tower 900 hangle heat that gfx is outputting. I have changed stock thermal pads on 3090 as soon as i got it which got Vram temps from 100-105°C down to 80-85, but thats still a lot of heat thats going to dissipate inside chasis. Or can you reccomend any other thermaltake case that could fit this monster of radiator inside and still have spare fans inside to handle heat.

My Lianli case is modified to fit that radiator inside. And doesnt have good dust protection so thats additional reason why i want new case. hence having a cat its a huge issue and i have to clean it too often, picture attached

IMG_20190808_161814.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, croprime90

That is one hack of a cooling setup! 

Unfortunately, Tower 900 can't really house such a thick radiator plus push & pull fan configuration. The clearance is around 116 mm, which means the thicknes of your fan plus radiator can not exceed 116 mm, or you will have to seriously modify the case like ur Lian Li O11. 

If you can move the rads to the front, there just might be some cases that can fit ur cooler: 

Core P8 Tempered Glass Full Tower Chassis (thermaltake.com)

View 71 Tempered Glass ARGB Edition (thermaltake.com)

Both of these cases can fit 420 mm radiator in the front, and are long enough tolerate a 100 mm thick radiator plus fans on bothside. Feel free to have a look! 

Cheers 

Hello Thompson,

To be honest i dont mind modifying Tower 900 to fit rad. Im engineer and i have access to all tools i can imagine on work. The back of Tower 900 looks like huge space and i can desight bracket to hold weight of radiator. My biggest reason why i want to place rad inside is that i have cats. And we all know how big daredevils are they, she keeps putting her paws into ventilators on top of radiator, and not to talk about amount of hair Maine #### has.

Regarding Tower 900, my only issue is amount of airflow in front part of case where main component are, to be more precise heat output of 3090. From all pictures ive seen, case has only one fan on top of the case. And thats not remotely close to what i need.

P8 you suggested is out of question because of cat hair xD that wont work for me. Or any open case, for same reason i turned down Coolermaster Masterframe 700.

71 Case should be able to fit it if i completely remove HDD brackets and try somehow to squeeze pump/res inside since 3090 is huge. But issue is that later this year when i get front and back active plates for GPU and watercool it as well, so additional radiator/s are in plan.

So looking at current market, i have two options, wait till i get full watercooling system for GPU and then modify Tower900 to fit rads inside, or design my own case. Its possible and will take time, but id never mannage to get it done quickly or make look premium like one of your products. sandblasting/ cutting/bending/painting. So at this point i think ill wait bor black friday and hope i wont need to spend 1000€ for GPU cooling loop

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, croprime90

As a former cat owner, I completely understand your situation. Guess that's why there is a saying "curiosity kills cats". 

Tower 900 was designed with a focus on DIY liquid cooling in the very beginning, while the front chamber was 100% focused on "showcasing". As a result, there isn't much ventilation and fan supoorts in the front. I guess your best bet would be Tower 900 with full liquid cooling build for both CPU and GPU, so you will probably have to wait. Remember, patience is virture! 

If you would be so kind, please share your final build cuz' I'm acutally excited to see it! 

Cheers! 

Hello Thompson,

Unfortunately i didn't wait xD i was going crazy that i couldn't leave PC unattended for 5minutes and i needed case i can close to prevent cat making mess or even hurting herself. So i went with another case from different manufacturer that was suggested by friend. and luckily it does fit my rad inside so all problems solved. I know its not place to advertise another manufacturer but if you still want to see how it turned out i can post final build pic

Reason why i couldn't wait :