Fan setup for Thermaltake Commander MS-I

juanitox

Hello guys!

I got the Thermaltake Commander MS-I as my case. My current fan setup is (all 120mm fans)

Front intake: Thermaltake TT1225
Rear exhaust: AeroCool Shark
Bottom intake: Corsair AF120
Top exhaust: Corsair AF120

I got an APU build with an AMD A8 - 6600K and a while ago I got a discrete videocard (Radeon R7 265). Since the videocard is a bit large I think it blocks a bit the airflow for the CPU cooler (Zalman CNPS5X Performa), because the temps raised like 5° - 6°.

I have an spare 120mm fan I could use. Do you think if I find a way to install it in the front top in the area for the drive bays (since I'm not using optical drives atm), would this help?

Also any suggestions to do it? Thanks for your help in advance.

This is my current setup, not my actual PC, but just to give you an idea. I can't take pics atm because I'm not home.

3g.jpg

since you will be drawing more fresh air from outside of the case,

try to install the spare 120mm fan on the side panel first, check if it will help you lower your temp inside of your case.

if you really insist on installing the fan in the 5.25" area, you could actually get a 5.25" to fan converter, you should be able to find them on the market.

What Thermaltake has is a 5.25" converter to 3.5" and fan combo called the iCage

http://www.thermaltake.com/Storage/Discontinued_/_/C_00000235/iCage/design.htm

you could find it on Amazon for $20ish

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-iCage-A2309-Module-12cm/dp/B000B898N6

otherwise you could simply get a "5.25" to fan converter" or "5.25" to fan mount" which will do the trick for you, 

• 1 month later...
post-1144-0-57558100-1411698148_thumb.jpg

This is my rig, PSU has since been replaced ofcourse. although im liquid cooled i noticed my temps to be a little higher with that config + a long GPU when i was on air, if you have room in your case Tt doesn't announce that top spot on the back as an available fan bay but you can bolt in a 120 as an extra exhaust. IF it clears your motherboard, etc ofcourse! Happy gaming!

• 1 month later...

hello guys .. now it is more than a year that I have this case and I must say that for what it costs is not bad but I noticed some flaws not indifferent ...

fans,  this case has many slots for the fans but many are not used (at least in mine) the rear fan can be mounted without any problem, same for the front ... the problems come in the other mount or those in high, the side and one at the bottom. I have a 412s then slot fan above the cpu is unusable, the second (always top) is inuitilizzabile because fan 120mm not enter because of the attachment feet of ram (you can not fix it properly), while those in the bottom and side which in theory should be mounted in the entry are very noisy, the wall where the fan rests (once screwed) bends slightly (even if it is not properly screwed in) and fan(any) is in contact with the support resulting whistle deafening. if you can not do that touch will whistle the same as the side panel is not very hard and the holes (where you mount the fan) move slightly grendo effect whistle xD
my problem or is it a bit generalized?

(sorry for my eng)

• 7 months later...