Aura doesn't recognize controller - Commander C31

Tri

Hi All,

I bought the Commander C31, my first ARGB case. It says it's aura sync ready, so I was looking forward to the lightshow :D However.. Something isn't right and I was hoping you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Here is what I got:

Commander C31 with 2 big ARGB front fans

CPU Liquid Cooler with ARGB rear fan

2x ARGB fans mounted to the top

I daisy chained the CPU cooler and the 2 top fans and connected them to "LED out" on the case controller, as well as the sata power cable from the case controller. All fans are in sync and switch color when I hit the "RGB" button on the case. Yay.

Then I connected the 5V 3pin to male from the ARGB 3pin on the mainboard to "M/B in" on the controller. However Armoury Crate does not recognize any ARGB devices. I did some googling and it says that I need to hold the RGB button on the case for 3 seconds to make them controllable by my MB. I did that, pressing the RGB button now doesn't change the color of my fans anymore. However... Armoury Crate still doesn't recognize any devices.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Appreciate the help!

Cheers

Tri

Hey, Tri

My apology for the inconvenience. In order to identify the root cause, I need your help to verify two things: 

1. When you pressed the RGB button for 3 seconds, did you see the light of fans blink twice? 

2. Can we switch back the RGB mode to manual control by long-press the button once again? 

Cheers

12 hours ago, Tt Thompson said:

Hey, Tri

My apology for the inconvenience. In order to identify the root cause, I need your help to verify two things: 

1. When you pressed the RGB button for 3 seconds, did you see the light of fans blink twice? 

2. Can we switch back the RGB mode to manual control by long-press the button once again? 

Cheers

Hey :)

1. Yes, they blink twice, but Armoury crate shows no devices. Reboot did not change that

2. Yes, I can long-press the button once again and switch back to manual control