Thermaltake's All-new TOUGHPOWER GF3 Series

TT Joey

Thermaltake Launches the All-new Toughpower GF3 Series
PCIe Gen 5.0 and ATX 3.0 Ready

image.jpeg

We are announcing the brand-new Toughpower GF3 series, which is PCIe Gen 5.0 and ATX 3.0 ready, meaning these power supplies come with a 12+4 pin interface and can natively support the upcoming next-gen graphics cards, and we have got a wide array of wattages for you to choose from, including 750W, 850W, 1000W, 1200W, 1350W, and 1650W. A 10-year warranty is also applicable across the entire GF3 series as we believe in providing only the best products.

🔶Fatures of the TOUGHPOWER GF3 series:

-Fully Compatible With Intel PSDG ATX 3.0 Specifications
-Made to Comply with the Latest Graphics Cards
-PCIe Gen 5.0 Ready
-Ultra Quiet Smart Zero Fan
-<30mV Low Ripple Noise Design
-Extremely Strict Voltage Regulation 
-Fully Modular Low-Profile Flat Cable
-100% High Quality Japanese 105°C/221°F Capacitors
-High Amperage Single +12V Rail & High-Class Technologies
-Superior Cooling Performance 

power1350 1650.jpg01.jpg11.jpg

If you're looking for a high-qality, reliable, and powerful PSUs, Look no further. The GF3 series will be your best option

👉Learn Information:

Product website:
GF3 750W: https://bit.ly/3TKJBQ0
GF3 850W: https://bit.ly/3QjoBgp
GF3 1000W: https://bit.ly/3RjslQb
GF3 1200W: https://bit.ly/3RiojHY
GF3 1350W: https://bit.ly/3wVLUWy
GF3 1650W: https://bit.ly/3TJ5DCY

Product video: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

RTX 4090 is around the corner, and there is at this moment still 0 ATX 3.0 PSU"s on the market. 
Can you guys hurry it up a a little bit ? 

The MSI 1300P (also "announced" but nowhere to be found) has only 1 x pcie5 , so i need the GF3 1650 watt, what is release date ? 
This is all taking way too long >_< 

4090 is supposed to be released in early october. 
I saw 'expected to arrive' one GF3 at 21 october, that's too late ! 

• TT Joey featured and pinned this topic

Hi@Jimbeam,

We are glad to hear that you are interested in the upcoming GF3 series. 
The 1650W is definitely the way to go if you're in search of two 12+4 pin connectors to juice up your 4090.
We are currently working very hard to get things ready for purchase. For more details, you can reach out to your local Thermaltake representative office or resellers.

Hope this is helpful for you.

First ones are becoming available. 
I noticed that the 4090 has only a single 12VHPWR connector so i went with the 1350 watt version. 

I guess the 4090 ti will probably have two connectors , but i'm too impatient to wait until that comes out :D 

First review i can find : https://www.eteknix.com/thermaltake-gf3-1350w-power-supply-review/

2 hours ago, Jimbeam said:

First ones are becoming available. 
I noticed that the 4090 has only a single 12VHPWR connector so i went with the 1350 watt version. 

I guess the 4090 ti will probably have two connectors , but i'm too impatient to wait until that comes out :D 

First review i can find : https://www.eteknix.com/thermaltake-gf3-1350w-power-supply-review/

Where can i order one of these Power Supply's mate?

10 hours ago, Jimbeam said:

Depends on where you live, i live in Europe and they are just starting to be available here. 

And the UK you can get them at overclockers.co.uk

No idea in the US but probably best buy, amazon, and so on

Maybe you can find retailers on thermaltake's website ? 

Ya been checking there site every day, you can add to cart the 850 watt but nothing else.  Guess ill just keep checking.   And Amazon says Unavailable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so close to finishing my Gen 5.0 build but guess what's STILL missing? Yes, you guessed it, a Gen 5.0 PSU. Literally the last missing piece. It's almost November. Can you give us an ETA when your 1200W, 1350W or 1650W GF3 will hit shelves here in the USA? I don't want to buy the MSI Gen 5.0 PSU that's already out OR buy last gen PSU but I can't wait much longer or the 30 day return policy will expire on all the components that I just bought. Thanks! 

10 hours ago, TT-Jerry said:

The wattage we mark on the cable (450W) is what we recommend (Ref. by Intel design guideline)

All our 16-pin cable can support to 600W, so it could support your 4090 for sure

Thanks, Jerry! Termaltake, Corsair and NZXT (to name a few) are selling pre-built Gaming PC's with the 4090 using a 1000W PSU. I'm happy with my decision and cannot wait to get it installed. Should be at my doorstep on Thursday. It's the final piece for my new build 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Thermaltake, i recently ordered the 850Watt version of this PSU along with a ASUS ROG Strix 4080 OC. (Minimal 850 Watt PSU was Recommended with ATX3.0)

However the included 12VHPWR cable is only 300W (thats what it says on the connector), the card draws about 350W+ in full power when gaming in 4K, but it seems to work fine so far. Is this cable ok with handling more than 300W? or do i need to get a higher 12VHPWR Watt Cable like 450 or 600?

I ordered this PSU specifically because i didn't want to use the included Nvidia 12VHPWR Cable Adapter.

Greetings : Evert

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hI anyone could explain how to connet this plug ( 24+6) psu side  24 mb side or 24 ( without 6pin ). i don't understand the real usage of this oprional 6 pin connector. ( my mb is a gigabute x299x 2066 socket from gigabyte witn only a 24 pin socket.

Other thing. yesterday after assembly and mount psu  i've connect mains 220 v plug to my new  psu main sconnector ( but power switch was on ).

a capacitor bang soud like a disharge .... something wrong ...

but nothing wrong happened.. mb start correctly, no smell or other thing but a was frigthened .

what happened ?

On 12/18/2022 at 4:33 AM, Trackah123 said:

Hi Thermaltake, i recently ordered the 850Watt version of this PSU along with a ASUS ROG Strix 4080 OC. (Minimal 850 Watt PSU was Recommended with ATX3.0)

However the included 12VHPWR cable is only 300W (thats what it says on the connector), the card draws about 350W+ in full power when gaming in 4K, but it seems to work fine so far. Is this cable ok with handling more than 300W? or do i need to get a higher 12VHPWR Watt Cable like 450 or 600?

I ordered this PSU specifically because i didn't want to use the included Nvidia 12VHPWR Cable Adapter.

Greetings : Evert

Same thing here: 850 Watt PSU, Gainward 4080 GS. 

The cable included with PSU delivers "only" 300W. However, there are no cables rated 450W available in the aftermarket...

PSU spec sheet says it can deliver up to 450W via 12VHPWR.

Why would Thermaltake send a sub spec cable? I want to make most of my systems in 4k resolution, so Is there any solution to this to unlock the last frames by providing the card with the necessary Watts?

• 1 month later...

just a month ago i purchased a gf3 1650 psu..( por atx 3 and 12hpwr connector) i'have a 350 euros amazon bonus

at first switch on a sound like buzz and capacitors discharge, but psu work fine. ( al sistem is under UPS ( apc smart ups 2200 and parameters are good)

few days after same things .. a sound like capacitor discharge  like a  small explosion but psu work

after one month ( yesterday ) the two main capacitors and inrush current protection explodes ( spark and smoke) fortunately my pc is not dameged.

purchased trough amazon but unfortunately the time for a return was expired 30 days ( for amazon)   mjy fault.

Italian  TT assistance not respond.....a true waste of money .

Now i'have replaced it with my old superflower leqdex 2000W and all is fine.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:59 AM, Flying_Mistery said:

Hi folks,

just bought a new Thoughpower GF3 power supply.

When I looked at the cables I noticed some holes were not wired and had no contactpoint (see photos with red marked circles).

Is this normal ? Or is this a fault ?

Thanks !

Flying_Mistery

9F329F9C-6BBB-4279-9A7C-F9CC71AD6D38.jpeg

0D62743C-2380-464B-BBD6-3EFE057EE532.jpeg

31341095-AA7C-414E-8AA3-42585D3596FC.jpeg

E19B73E0-08DF-4C7E-BF8F-7803D80C6BF8.jpeg

Should be fine, I made a new build with a 1200w toughpower GF3 and I saw the same thing on some of my connectors and my build works flawlessly.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just build a brand new pc and i picked a Thermaltake GF3 165W. After shuting down the system everything Ok except power supply that remain lit and when i put my hand behind the unit i can feel the air coming from the fan... not for a while.. like forever. It's like PSU will never stop working... is this behavior normal?