Thermaltake GF3 1000, only 2 PCIe cables.

RHK111

Dear Thermaltake team.

First of November I bought the new GF3 1000w. Initially it was for Ryzen 9 5950x + NV RXT 4090, but finaly I am waiting for the RX 7900 XTX from Asus. The new Asus TUF/RoG Strix RX 7900 XTX will have 3 * 8-pin PCIe connectors and if each connector can reach a maximum of 150W it would be a total of 450W, which in the case of custom OC VGAs would be quite reasonable. In my PSU I find 4 * CPU/PCIe connections (I would use 1 for the CPU and another 3 for PCIe) but I have only 2 * PCIe cables. I've been with Thermaltake for over 15 years and this is the first time I've been missing a cable. The supplied PCIe cables have 2 * 6+2pin PCIe connectors, but I highly doubt that the VGA can "eat" more than 150W for each of its PCIe connectors. His will be to connect the 3 cables in parallel, but I would like to be able to acquire the cable that I am missing through Thermaltake.

Best regards

RHK111

HI RHK111

Thanks for your feedback. We did notice only two PCIe connectors is too less for supporting AMD GPU.

Unfortunately there is no other space to put one more 8-PIN connector because of 16-pin connector. 

The single connector could support only 150W is defined by cable AWG

Therefore, we upgrade our PCIe cable to 16 AWG (Intel spec: 18AWG) which could bear more than 150W. 

About the 450W marked on our 16pin cable, it is just a recommendation from Intel design guideline.

GF3 1000 is set to support 600W so it could support RTX 4090 OC version 

Estimado Jerry,
Gracias por su respuesta, le daré una imagen esquemática para explicar por qué creo que necesitaré comprar un cable PCIe más para poder alimentar un OC personalizado VGA. La cuestión es que tenemos que consultar al fabricante de VGA (en mi caso ASUS) para ver si estos nuevos modelos soportarían más de 150W de carga vía PCIe. Si la conexión de 3 cables que ve en la imagen es correcta, me gustaría poder comprar 1 cable PCIe de Thermaltake. Gracias por atenderme, espero sus noticias.

Saludos

Rob1573273659_PSU_VGA3conector.thumb.jpg.90504dbffeff3bd09db346daad274c12.jpgert.