Synchronising two controllers of Ring RGB fans

Vitali Fridman

Hello,

I have two 480 radiators in my cooling loops. I installed Ring RGB fans in all 8 positions. It required 2 packs of 3 and 2 individual fans, There are toal of 4 fan controllers involved (they control color of lighting). Each controller is capable of controlling up to 3 fans. There is also unused connector on the controller. Is there a way to color-synchronize several controllers (may be at least two)? Maybe unused connector have a special cable that I can use to interconnect controllers?

Thanks for you help,

Vitali Fridman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vitali

Thank you for supporting our products.

We are currently working on the cable which allows you to sync all controllers, please leave us your contact information, we can send you one cable once we finish the testing.

Hi, I need to synchronize two controllers too, I am interested by this cable :D

Let me know where I can find one?

This is my build you can check it out :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/QjFdnQ

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased 2 thermaltake rgb 3 fan kits. Love the fans by the way. Great job thermaltake! I just wish I could connect the 2 control boxes together so I could mount just one control box outside of my case and still control all 6 fans. If you could let me know when the cables become available I would really appreciate it! 

Hi Blaknight

Do you mind me asking if the controllers are inside or outside the case? (sent you a pm as well).

Thanks

Paul

Ill post my PM response here incase others want to know.

"At the moment i have 2 controllers on the outside (attached by double sided tape) on the back where the rubber grommets are and 2 inside the case. Im planning on running all my controllers on the outside so i have the ability to be able to control them just waiting on extension cables. Once TT release the control software (man i hope they do) all the controllers will be inside out of site."

Cheers

Blak.

• 1 month later...

I have 12 Riing fans in my new build, three 140mm and nine 120mm. Would it be possible to get the cords needed to sync / daisy chain them?

I would love to just have one controller on the outside of the case that could control all 12 fans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guess what, I am also building an X9 setup with the 120mm RGB fans and would also like to know when the new cable becomes available. Being in the UK I am unsure if I need to be going through a authorise seller or direct to TT. The intention currently is to have a four rad two loop solution. Any advice would be most appreciated. 

If that fails I will likely go the 140mm route and just get some new rads

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon Tt Alvin.

I recently purchased the core x71 case and am planning to run duel loops I was interested in this post because with the 3 rads i plan to run (360x2 480x1) i have purchased 3 packs of the riing rgb and have 3 more on the way.... that is 6 controllers (holy hannah lol) as well as the commande f6 fan controller which I now realise is useless if I want to be able to control the colors and speeds of the fans.

I noticed you mentioned there was cables avaliable to connect multiple controllers.

Is it possible to also obtain a few of those, as it would greatly help with some management issues in my build.

Thank you for your consideration.

~Athalagos

• 4 weeks later...

I have two monster computers with two  wall mounted radiators each. One holds 9 120mm Riing Fans (3 sets of 3) and the other holds 4 sets of 140mm Riing fans and I have two 140mm Chassis fans.  Thats a total of 15 fans for each computer.  It is basicallly a thermaltake billboard with all theses Riing Fans.  Unfortunately, I bought these thinking that they could synchronize the colors, but apparently there is only a beta cable to link the controllers available?  Could you please send me the 10 beta cables necessary to link the controllers? I will only be syncing the 15 fans per computer and not across the two computers.

Thank you kindly for this crucial cable, without out it the lights go out of sync and carry different colors.  The radiators look like a crazy disco and not the color theme I had purchased them for.

Best,

Gil 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm in the same boat. I got a x3 pack of the RIING 140mm and a x3 pack of the RIING Premium. Going into a WP200, so will have x5 total. I though the "Premium" was the controller included, but it seems two different style fans, very confusing on ordering. I need to get the these to sync, they are two different connectors. 

On another note: I have a 2nd W200 chassis for a client build I'm working on, and I also need extra filters, drive bay brackets. Have had an e-mail to support for awhile now, but no response. 

• 6 months later...