Thermaltake GF2 argb lights not recognized by aura sync

I just finished building my pc and Iam trying to sync all of the rgbs through Aura Sync. Everything works perfectly (not counting the gpu since it isn't compatible with Aura Sync) except the psu. 

Here are the build specs,

Asus Tuf Gaming X670e plus wifi

Amd Ryzen 7 7700x 8-core 16-thread unlocked

Zotac Gaming RTX 3070ti trinity oc

Thermaltake GF2 850w ARGB

The aio, case fan hub, and psu rgb sync cable are all hooked up to the 5v rgb headers on the mother board. The case fans and aio are working perfectly with Aura Sync but the psu lights completely cut off while plugged into the motherboard and are not recognized in Aura Sync. I can unplug the psu rgb sync cable and the factory psu light modes work fine. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thermaltake claims the this psu is compatible with Aura Sync but I cant get it to work.

UPDATE: So my son has 100% the exact same setup except for the case. I built them both at the same time. the only difference is his psu is plugged into the 3rd rgb header and mine is plugged into the second rgb header. His psu lights work perfectly synced with Aura Sync. Which leads me to believe that its either a faulty psu or motherboard. Only thing to do now is swap out the psu's and see if the problem follows or stays the same I guess.