Core V51 Owner's Club

Tt Leo

I just purchased a Core V51 a couple of days ago from Newegg. Case is awesome!

Hopefully I'll have time to move my current components over to this new case this weekend.

No damage anywhere, not even the shipping box.

As long as the front control panel works I'll be a happy camper.

I have a question, how do you mount an SSD or HDD on the right side of the case? There is no cage there.

Thermalman,

You take out the cage from the HDD rack and you can mount it on the back with the clips.

It take a min to figure out how it installs, just line up the bottom "hooks" and the top should latch in.

PM me if you need a pic or something :D

• 3 weeks later...

What is the RPM rating for the black stock fans that come with this case?

Another question, the case allows for putting two drives in the back of the motherboard tray section,

so are the hd inserts from the cages supposed to be used for mechanical drives, or just put the mechanical drives directly into the mounting clips? 

I removed the double hd cage and replaced it with a triple hd cage.

Now hopefully I can move my components into this case very soon.

Thermalman,

The built in fans run around 1000 RPM for front/rear.

For the HDD/SSD back panel installation, you can use (2) of the drive cages from the front to mount on the back side panels.

There is also SSD mounting holes on the back of the motherboard section for additional drives as well.

You should be able to see the mount holes, but just note for mechanical drives, you have to use the cages and the (2) locations for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I bought the Core v51 and love it and I installed the Aerocool Touch-R but am having a tough time getting it to mount with the 5.25" quick connects. It has two small screw holes and I'm having trouble getting it stationary in the 5.25" bay. I bought some adapter plates from caselabs that I thought might work, but they don't allow the controller to stick out far enough. Anyone have any experience mounting something like this in our case or have any ideas? I was thinking to just replace the quick 5.25" bay with an old standard kind so I can just screw this in the old fashioned way, but I'm not even sure that will mount...

UPDATE: I'm an idiot, those quick connects pop off really easily and then you can just screw in through the holes and leave the quick connect off the bay. Or if you want to keep it on there for looks, you can just cut the little plastic rods and snap the plastic piece back onto the bay.

Finally finished rebuilding my computer, and it seems to run cooler now.  Case is worth every penny.  I love the look of the case!

But there are a couple of idiosyncrasies with this case (for me anyway) -

If fans are mounted on the front outside case frame and one or more go bad you'll have to remove one or more HD cages to replace the bad ones.
I put mine between the front frame and the HD cages. I am using two '3 HD cages' for six drives total.

If the cages are used and you want to mount drives in the back of the case the #### screws get in the way.

The DVD sits about 1/4" back from the fascia.  But it looks nice anyway.

I recommend that in the back of the case there should be a few more cable ties locations.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all, Core v51 user here and I have a question:

How do I actually take out the bottom 3 drive drawers, that are seperate from the top two?

I'm only using the top two for my HDD and SSD, andI think that taking out the bottom ones would open my chassis up even more.

I managed to get the two back screws out, but the front screws, those that are infront of the mobo, simply refuse to come out.

Tried everything... with fingers, with screwdrivers, even with a (non cutter) plyer, but it simply won't move.

Any tips, please?

• 2 months later...

Add me to the list of owners as I just got this one together enough for overclocking / testing. I had 2 prerequisites for the case on this new build, It must be able to handle both a 280 and 420 radiator and keep them COOL as I had to remove my 2 burning 780 lightnings' from my former gaming PC in an NZXT H440, and more importantly it had to be green! I almost purchased a competitors' case until Thermaltake released the Riing series at just the right time and was exactly what I was looking for. Still not sure what I'll end up doing with the remaining internal top / rear fan(s), was planning on doing the same as the front but will probably modify the installation slightly. It was almost impossible to wrap that stuff around the fans and get a straight shot to the bolt holes when attempting to secure it! One thing about this particular Riing version of the v51 is the green tinted window, it's TOO green and actually makes it harder to see inside since it makes everything green and kind of blurry. I've looked everywhere for a clear side panel / window with no luck. Does anyone know if any of the clear side panel / windows available in the Thermaltake store are identical or close?

DOC1.jpg

DOC2.jpg

DOC3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey all new to the forum and to watercooling
I was thinking about getting one of the ekwb kits, and more specifically was looking at the xtreme kit. I know the rad that it comes with is 60mm, and I know i could mount it as an intake but I personally would rather have it on top, but it is a massive rad. So my question is, anyone with the thermaltake core v51 case have you used the ekwb xtreme kits or any for that matter, and is a 60mm rad going to fit on the top with fans attached. Pictures are always nice if you have any by the way lol

But yeah I just built my first computer this past February and it was a success and am very happy with it (just waiting on these new nvidia gpus to release lol, and hardware wise it will be a complete computer), now I'm interested in custom loops, so any tips tricks whatever, always willing to learn from people more experienced

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi All,

I'm planning on building a gaming PC with the Core V51 chassis and need a little help regarding it.

My local retailer has two different V51 chassis in-stock, both advertised as windowed chassis, but has different product codes.

One is CA-1C6-00M1NN-00 and the other is CA-1C6-00M1WN-00.

Can you tell me what is the difference between the two chassis?

As I recall, there are only three variants of the chassis: the Riing Edition (00M8WN-00), the standard V51 (00M1WN-00 with no info of whatsoever on if there is a non-windowed version or not) and the Power Cover version (00M1WN-02).

All help is appreciated!

Have a nice one,

GL

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I just ordered a V51 and would like to replace the side window with a tempered glass one if possible. I can only seem to find a window for the P3, will this one fit the V51? If not, can anyone tell me if this is even possible to find?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Does anyone know when the V51 Tempered Glass Edition will be available for sale? 

Also, I'm considering using either a Corsair X115i, NZXT Kraken x62, or Swiftech H220 X2 Prestige.  Does anyone have experience with any of these coolers?

Thanks, radar

Hello Core V51 Owners,

I'm looking at this case (top of my list) and have a clearance/room question before I hit the "buy" button.

The plan is to put a Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate in the top. Is there enough room, with that mounted, to allow for a 120mm radiator and fan mounted inside the case, at the rear 120mm exhaust? Specifically I'd like to mount an EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid cooler there, and am curious if it will interfere with the Water 3.0 radiator hoses.

As a quick follow-on to that. If there is room, would there still be room running the Water 3.0 with 3 additional fans in push/pull?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

I have a question, maybe someone can advise me. I want to use in the next build the Core V51 Tempered Glass Edition and buy separately the Power Cover. The question is, can I use the Power Cover in the V51 Tempered Glass with a Corsair AX1200i which has 150mm x 86mm x 200mm? This power supply is quite big so better to ask before ordering.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This motherboard is high priced but higher than ASUS $three hundred motherboards in phrases of functions and rate points. I would propose this one if you don’t want to spend a good deal on board and looking for overall performance and aesthetics. best motherboard for i9 9900k Otherwise, if you want some thing for fanatic builds there, we've got already listed Aours motherboards.