RGB fans randomly and often go back to rainbow wave.

roen1n

I just installed 3 new Thermaltake Pure Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition 120mm fans and changed the settings in the software to beat Heartbeat and red. During bootup it is rainbow wave until Windows 11 launches the TT RGB Plus software and changes to the Red Heartbeat. While I am on the PC the fans will randomly revert back to rainbow wave and no amount of changes in the software will change the colors of the fans. I have to reboot for the fans to go back to Red Heartbeat. 

Is there a way to set the fans to a color and leave them that way without needing the software? Can the controller store a color so I don't need to be running the software? Why do the lights default back to rainbow color randomly and the software stops interacting until reboot? Is this a common issue with Thermaltake? 

The TT RGB Plus recognizes the controller it just stops making the lights change color often. 

My liquid cooling came with an option to install a remote to manually change the colors and it has no problem maintaining the color scheme.  

• 4 months later...