Fan software won't recognize my Tt 3.0 extreme.

maverik259

now I've even purchased an internal to external usb adapter and plugged it in that way and still no recognition...i've plugged it in before start up, after start up, and during start up with still no luck. is this a bad product? anyone? Thermaltake reps? Should i just return and get a NZXT or corsair? I've even followed 3rd party forum advice and downloaded NZXT software and even that tells me it can't find a product to connect to. I'm at a loss here.

Had the same issue. Follow the steps below should fix your issue.

1st. Uninstall the fan software.

2nd. Power down your computer.

3rd. Unplug the USB cable for the fan controller from your motherboard.

4th. Power up your computer and boot into Windows.

5th. Install the fan software.

6th. Power down your computer.

7th. Plug the USB cable for the fan controller onto your motherboard.

8th. Power up your computer and boot into Windows, it should work.

I played with it a bit. I have a card reader sweet plugged into one of my internal 2.0 ports that works. So I unplugged that and plugged in the 3.0. Nothing is recogniZed but I did notice when plugged in to a USB port the fans slow way down but when unplugged they seem to be on turbo. Still nothing recognized under my devices page or when the software is opened. Do I need to return this product?

Had the same issue. Follow the steps below should fix your issue.

1st. Uninstall the fan software.

2nd. Power down your computer.

3rd. Unplug the USB cable for the fan controller from your motherboard.

4th. Power up your computer and boot into Windows.

5th. Install the fan software.

6th. Power down your computer.

7th. Plug the USB cable for the fan controller onto your motherboard.

8th. Power up your computer and boot into Windows, it should work.

Thank you heywire for sharing your solution. 

I played with it a bit. I have a card reader sweet plugged into one of my internal 2.0 ports that works. So I unplugged that and plugged in the 3.0. Nothing is recogniZed but I did notice when plugged in to a USB port the fans slow way down but when unplugged they seem to be on turbo. Still nothing recognized under my devices page or when the software is opened. Do I need to return this product?

Hello maverick,

The symptoms you are running into are unique, as I haven't come across what is going on with your setup. 

You've troubleshooted the USB header and I assume followed heywire's advice to uninstall then reinstall the software.

You also mentioned that with the USB connector plugged in, your fans slow down significantly. Are you doing this as the PC is running?

Nonetheless, the USB/Fan speed issue is interesting and makes me believe this is an isolated issue and I would like to get into more detail with you.

Please give Customer Support a call, at your earliest convenience, so we can troubleshoot in real-time. 

Once we've exhausted all possibilities to no avail, there may be a defect within the unit, and we will replace your unit through our warranty.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 [Mon - Fri] 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

• 8 years later...

This is not unique. Its all over the internet.
I've just received this today and installed everything.

There IS a usb motherboard connector, with a Y splitter. Im using only 1 of the Y to connect to the water block.
This being said. Yes the water block turns on. I see the Temp in Celsius. Not Fahrenheit.
This is no matter to me as I purchased this to be able to change the screen on it.

The software tells me that it can't be found and that I have an error code of "Cannot detect controller, Please check the Fan Controller is connected.
I do not have a fan controller. All I have is my standard MSIx570 gaminv Main board and the just purchased, Thermaltake Toughliquid plus.
Now all that being said....
I've connected to each and every type of USB on this board. Also also rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, Took a break, came back and restarted everything from scratch.

Still nothing being found within Windows. Also "Why did Thermaltake send a "y" connector for usb power when the pump only uses 1?