Hey Guys!

I just received the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand DPS G 850 W 80Plus Platinum and after installing the SPM software and start the software up, it just loads a white screen.

Everything else seems to be working perfectly but the SPM software, not totally sure what is wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I'm also attaching a picture of what I see when I run the SPM software:c376100464b9cf631722d20cb431adab.png

Thanks again in advance!!!

Edit: Just noticed someone else has this problem and posted about it a few days ago: http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/40768-problem-with-dps-app-for-dps-g-650w-gold/

Edited by rafamundez

The reason of why the app runs white window is because the Adobe Flash Player has a bug.

If your PC is running Windows 7 or older version, you can simply update the Adobe Flash Player into V 2.0.0.270 by clicking the following link through Internet Explorer browser.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If your PC is running Windows 8 or 10, you could just update the Window Update Pack and the Flash Player will be automatically updated.

Awesome thanks!! Yeah that did the trick for launching the app.

However, I now have another problem. After launching the app I get: "Connection Fail. Could not set up a connection with your power supply. Please make sure your Toughpower DPS is successfully connected to computer via USB"

How do I connect it to the USB? There isn't any include USB cable or position to even plug a USB cable in it.

The only "port" that I'm unsure about is the one I'm attaching pictures of. It appears to be some sort of 4 pin cable? In some of the reviews I've been reading/seeing, there's supposed to be a micro-usb port in that spot :-/

Again, I appreciate any and all help given!!

Thanks again!!

post-99497-0-77745600-1452357710_thumb.jpg

Edited by rafamundez

I found a picture of the exact same model as mine (just higher wattage, it is 1050 compared to mine which is 850).

But as you can see, there is no usb port. There is just what appears to be a 4 pin port that I am unsure about near the bottom in the pic. I can't find any included cable for that port either unless I'm missing something..

post-99497-0-80216500-1452358571_thumb.png

post-99497-0-26293200-1452358741_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

To solve the issue, please try deleting the folder named "tt" under the path C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\

and reinstalling the PC App.
You will be able to upload the data to cloud and check the value of CPU wattage.

When Crosshair V Formula-Z. data on the cpu only be displayed not on Asus Pro Gaming / Aura. It would be nice if you could in German Please answer, thank you! I Translate here with Google translator :)

The specifications of the CPU were never Showing in the DPS software of Thermaltake at Asus Pro Gaming / Aura. I think it is the Bios from on the Asus Pro Gaming /Aura.

The software can not read data from the CPU on the Asus Pro Gaming / Aura Motherboard. On Crosshair V Formula-Z Is it working properly.

Have Thermaltake a German Forum? 

post-100949-0-85493600-1463445276_thumb.png
post-100949-0-39280900-1463510369_thumb.png

The PC App might not support your motherboard so the PC App cannot read the data on your motherboard.

We will update the PC App as soon as we could.

If any new version of PC App is released, the announcement will be made on the forum and facebook.

Tut mir leid ich übersetze das nicht mehr auf Englisch! Die software funktioniert gar nicht bei der geringsten Systemkonfiguration hab ich den "018" Fehler und jedes mal in die User/user/AppData/Roaming zu gehen nur damit es bis zum nexten Restart Funktioniert hab ich keinen bock drauf. Und irgenwie verträgt sich das Netzteil nicht mit meinem Motherboard.

mfg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hallo, ich schreibe diesesmal in Deutsch da es mir leichter fällt das Problem zu erklären.

Die neue Software Tt_DPSapp_V2.4.2_20161209 macht Probleme beim Start. Es startet nicht Minimiert und es erscheint jedesmal ein Popupfenster das mir sagt es findet keine RGB. Wenn ich es wieder installiere werde ich einen Screenshot machen und ihn hier Posten.

Also bei mir macht das neue Update Schwierigkeiten ich weiss es nicht ob es bei anderen auch so ist.

mfg aso75

Hallo, ich schreibe diesesmal in Deutsch da es mir leichter fällt das Problem zu erklären.

Die neue Software Tt_DPSapp_V2.4.2_20161209 macht Probleme beim Start. Es startet nicht Minimiert und es erscheint jedesmal ein Popupfenster das mir sagt es findet keine RGB. Wenn ich es wieder installiere werde ich einen Screenshot machen und ihn hier Posten.

Also bei mir macht das neue Update Schwierigkeiten ich weiss es nicht ob es bei anderen auch so ist.

mfg aso75

which power supply are you using?

the RGB lighting feature is activated only if your power supply is Toughpower DPS G RGB series.

Thougpower DPS G Platinum 1050

Warum kann ich dann übers Software Upgrade in der App die RGB Version Downloaden obwohl ich die für Mein Model gar nicht geeignet ist? Ich denke mir ihr Selektiert das ganze nicht nach Model und ihr denkt euch sicher wird für Mein Model auch laufen bei den anderen Versionen ist dies der Fall das sie laufen aber dennoch habe ich die Anzeige immer dabei vom RGB Lüfter obwohl das mein Model nicht unterstützt.  

Dann bitte ich euch Korrigiert die Downloadliste eurer Produkte weil ich ständig über die App die Falschen Versionen Downloade. Dann bitte ich euch um noch was ändert die App so das sie das RGB nicht anzeigt wenn das PSU es nicht besitzt und es unterstützt immer noch kein Asus 970  Pro Gaming/Aura so das es unmöglich ist die CPU Temperatur und Spannung zu lesen und es Unterstützt keine Nvidia 1060 nur Temperatur wird angezeigt, Spannung und der Rest wird nicht gelesen. Wenn die PSU es anbietet dieses Feature dann sollte es auch Einwandfrei Funktionieren ich warte echt schon zu lange auf eure Versprechen ich hoffe ihr bringt ein richtiges Update für meine PSU heraus

mfg aso75

Hi,

Die DPS G PC App ist universell für unsere digitale Stromleitung. Einige der Funktionen sind möglicherweise ausgeblendet oder zeigen "nicht unterstützen das Gerät", während die Hardware nicht unterstützt die Funktionen, wie RGB-Beleuchtung. Das bedeutet, dass das RGB-Symbol weiterhin auf der App angezeigt wird, aber einige Einheiten das Feature möglicherweise nicht unterstützen.

Für die Monitoring-Problem haben wir bereits aktualisiert das neueste SDK, die mehr VGA-Karten und Motherboards unterstützen könnte, aber einige von ihnen möglicherweise nicht vollständig unterstützen Monitoring-Funktion aufgrund der unterschiedlichen Design auf VGA-Karten und Motherboards. Der Haftungsausschluss ist auf unserer Produktseite angegeben. (Siehe Weblink unten)

The DPS G PC App is universal for our digital power line. Some of the features might be hidden or show “not support the unit†while the hardware doesn’t support the features, such as RGB lighting. That means the RGB icon will still be shown on the App but some units might not support the feature.

For the monitoring issue, we have already updated the latest SDK, which might support more VGA cards and motherboards, but some of them might not fully support monitoring feature due to the different design upon VGA cards and motherboards. The disclaimer is stated in our product page. (see the web link below)

Danke Dir für die Info!

Werde mir die Version mal Downloaden und mal sehen wie weit es meine Komponenten Unterstützt,

es wäre ja Schade.

Ich würde mich freuen wenn Thermaltake zu den neuen AM4 Boards die Heuer auf den Markt kommen eine Richtig gutes  PSU Entwickelten würde dass

das Monitoring in allen Schienen Unterstützen würde.

Auf alle fälle Danke für die Info nochmals

mfg aso75