Build Log: Green Core - Thermaltake Core P5

R3AP3R

I haven't seen many Core P5 builds, so I decided to share my build log here.  I am a big fan of this case.  It's the first one I have found that will support the water cooling parts I wanted to use for a wall mountable PC (Namely the 480 Radiator). I hope I can do this system justice.  Unfortunately, I will not be using hardline tubing.  Besides, just about every build of this case I have seem has been with hardline.  I am going with a black, white, and green color scheme for this build.  

Here is the Core components I will be using  ;)

Case:  Thermaltake Core P5

Proc:  Intel i7 4770k

MB:  Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 (Green Core, not many other options out there for green)

RAM:  32 GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3

VC:  NVIDIA GTX 780 TI

TOC

1 - The Case

2 - Motherboard, Sleeving, PSU, and the 480 Radiator

3 - Reservior, Pump, and Drain port

4 - More tubing, Fans and GPU water block

5 - Water testing completed

6 - MOAR PICTURES

Motherboard, Sleeving, PSU, and the 480 rad - Shot of the motherboard with the Swiftech CPU water block.  Matches my build pretty well I think.

IMG_004.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

Pretty happy with the way the sleeving turned out.  Not too much sleeving left to do ;)

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

The 8 pin ATX cable was short by about 50-60 mm. I had to make an extension to make it work.  Luckily the case is designed to hide cabling <_<

Reservoir, Pump, and Drain port - I have the Res and Pump Mounted.  This was the first actual mod to the case.  The case comes with a mount for the Thermaltake pump, but it does not work with this pump.  I had so use a different mount and created new mounting points for the bracket. Also, fixed CPU block! Added a drain port for the system.  That was a tough one. I had about 1mm of play.  Not much room for a mistake.

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

More to come.  Trying to get these pics to look better.  Sorry for the terrible quality.  I promise it will get better soon.

Water Tested and Running!!

Still trying to figure out how to take better pictures.  I will be taking some more on Sunday.  I'll try to take some outside.  My final pictures will be when I wallmount it.  Should I be using a different background? I am wondering if it is being washed out.  Let me know what you guys think. :D

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken.

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

ResLD.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...