**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

Yeah hearing that some people are on their second replacement and I havent seen one yet is making me wonder.  Would like to get this before the reaper comes calling for me.

I went ahead and ordered a cable from negegg so I can actually use my desktop. Hopefully it works will keep yall posted if the newegg cable is a good replacement.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812368001

If you were wondering 

I checked out your link and ordered one from Newegg as well.  I notice that Amazon now has the Thermaltake cables in stock again.  Not that I would roll the dice on what is already shaping up to be a sketchy solutions to our needs.

And that is the boat I'm in. I love the case but the cable is just a pain in the ####. It fails once OK #### happens I'll pull and drain my loop to replace the cable. But two weeks later and I have a "updated" cable that has failed... I don't want to pull everything apart again just to have it fail in another two weeks.. 

AND BY ALL MEANS.. DO BUY this case because it is freaking awesome.. Just buy a 3rd party riser cable and use that because the one that comes with this case is garbage. 

Hopefully thermaltake can get their cable issue sorted out becuase I would like to see where they go with their open case design in the future

I went ahead and ordered a cable from negegg so I can actually use my desktop. Hopefully it works will keep yall posted if the newegg cable is a good replacement.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812368001

If you were wondering 

I looked at the pictures of the cable on newegg. The cable you get with the case is packaged with the cable completely folded over and you have to unfold the cable to use it. The pics from newegg show the cable not folded in its packaging. Would the bending of the cable cause resistance (attenuation) issues?

If you google PCI riser cable and DCP latency you will see some interesting posts from BitCoin miners about riser cables. Might be a good experiment for TT to try out with folding the cable vs. non folded cable.

I looked at the pictures of the cable on newegg. The cable you get with the case is packaged with the cable completely folded over and you have to unfold the cable to use it. The pics from newegg show the cable not folded in its packaging. Would the bending of the cable cause resistance (attenuation) issues?

If you google PCI riser cable and DCP latency you will see some interesting posts from BitCoin miners about riser cables. Might be a good experiment for TT to try out with folding the cable vs. non folded cable.

I ordered a 1x riser for my sound blaster. It came packed flat and not bent and has worked fine. Both cables from thermaltake had a crease in the middle of the cable... wonder if that is the cause?  

Hi everyone!

First, thank you all for your patience with this concern, Thermaltake is dedicated to support all of our customers!

I received the shipment in today and processed all the pending requests.

Please check your email later for shipping details.

If you do not receive an email back from me by the end of the week, please email me again so I can check.

Thank you!

Mike

Hello,

we have already looked into this and are changing the packaging for the riser cable going forward.

I also want to mention, when installing the cable to make sure you give it a "nice round curve" going from the GPU to the PCI-E slot.

Smooth out the cable best you can before installation to just have best case scenario.

And that is the boat I'm in. I love the case but the cable is just a pain in the ####. It fails once OK #### happens I'll pull and drain my loop to replace the cable. But two weeks later and I have a "updated" cable that has failed... I don't want to pull everything apart again just to have it fail in another two weeks.. 

AND BY ALL MEANS.. DO BUY this case because it is freaking awesome.. Just buy a 3rd party riser cable and use that because the one that comes with this case is garbage. 

Hopefully thermaltake can get their cable issue sorted out becuase I would like to see where they go with their open case design in the future

I would suggest to be careful using 3rd party cables, they are not shielded for most in the market.

Shorter length will always help with compatibility, this is part of why we are offering a shorter version for users having issues.

Furthermore, we have sold a lot of P5 if you can understand, the requests for the shorter cables I have received is less than 1%.

That is disappointing to hear. I would like to know what Thermaltake is doing to ensure the new cables are meeting design requirements? Being able to showcase my GPU with this case was a primary factor in my decision to purchase. If I have to mount directly to my motherboard in order to have reliable performance from my GPU then this is a huge failure on the part of Thermaltake.

Does anyone know where we may be able to get a cable to meet our needs outside the Thermaltake supply chain? I just need this to get fixed and move on.

Hey Jake, Im very unhappy to hear about these issues. I just bought the case for the vertically mounted video cards that's the whole reason I like the case. I didn't find out about these issues until I went to go order another cable to have it here when I got my case sounded like thermaltake try to fix this but they're not spending enough money to create a shielded properly built cable. I have read online and found that 3M create a shield cable that people don't have problems with. But cost $ 100 now I have two video cards that's $200 that's more than the case if I don't hear any good news from thermaltake on these new cables I might just return that case. Very disappointing I'm running two amd 290x which I know draws a lot of power and get very hot. Which sounds like these cables can't handle high in cards which is the whole point of building APC with this case no one's going to put the five year old video card into a liquid cooling computer case and most of all I really hope they add a new version of this cable to my recently purchased case.

**UPDATE Core P5 Riser Cable**

We received the new shipment of Core P5 Riser cables in and have them in stock @ Amazon now and will be arriving @ Fry's Electronics as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-PCI-E-Flexible-Extension-AC-039-CN1OTN-C1/dp/B0195XYVMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458582717&sr=8-1&keywords=Core+P5+Riser+Cable

This is the new design cable and we are working with Amazon to update the specifications and images.
Here is what the new 200mm cable/Packaging looks like:

PCIE_ribbons3.jpg

Please note we have received confirmation this is working for everyone very well from the previous design.

This is also where I recommend everyone to get additional cables if they want to run Multi-GPU configurations.

Appreciate any feedback if you are using the new cable!

**UPDATE Core P5 Riser Cable**

We received the new shipment of Core P5 Riser cables in and have them in stock @ Amazon now and will be arriving @ Fry's Electronics as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-PCI-E-Flexible-Extension-AC-039-CN1OTN-C1/dp/B0195XYVMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458582717&sr=8-1&keywords=Core+P5+Riser+Cable

This is the new design cable and we are working with Amazon to update the specifications and images.

Here is what the new 200mm cable/Packaging looks like:

attachicon.gifPCIE_ribbons3.jpg

Please note we have received confirmation this is working for everyone very well from the previous design.

This is also where I recommend everyone to get additional cables if they want to run Multi-GPU configurations.

Appreciate any feedback if you are using the new cable!

Confirmed, High DPC latency is a thing of the past with the new design. System is running perfectly meow!

Thanks!

Well I got a second card for SLI but Amazon is already out of this riser cable. What did you guys do, make like 20 of these? The cable I got from Newegg doesn't line up with the mounting holes of the bracket. Just not my week.

It was actually a lot more.. but yes it did sell out rather quickly.

Can you PM me some details on the cable not lining up from Newegg?

I can help with a replacement and more, just send me some details and a quick picture.

Wow thats sweet, new cables.

I sure would like one that works. ..As in, can you PLEASE send me one to replace the faulty one I have been asking over and over about?

Is there a magic # of emails i have to send to get this rectified?

Thanks (again).

Are you in the USA? I can help directly if so.

If not email me again and let me know about this post and I will do what I can outside of the USA.

For requests outside the USA, emails do not go out until they ship the cable in most cases.

Please be patient, we are working with everyone globally to support.

It was actually a lot more.. but yes it did sell out rather quickly.

Can you PM me some details on the cable not lining up from Newegg?

I can help with a replacement and more, just send me some details and a quick picture.

The cable I got was not made by Thermaltake.  I had to drill a hole in the bracket for the case to get the screws to line up.  The other issue is that the holes in the cable for mounting were not low enough to raise the cable to the height of the Thermaltake cable.  Any idea how long it will be until more cables are in stock on Amazon?

I would suggest to be careful using 3rd party cables, they are not shielded for most in the market.

Shorter length will always help with compatibility, this is part of why we are offering a shorter version for users having issues.

Furthermore, we have sold a lot of P5 if you can understand, the requests for the shorter cables I have received is less than 1%.

The problem is I need the length to reach slot 1 on my MB to my video card.  I also have a 1x riser cable I use for my sound card. So shorter is bad for me.  The cable I linked has plenty of length to reach and not be bent or tight and make room for my sound cards 1x cable. So people in my situation its a solution.. maybe not perfect but so far going on a week and its working great.

Well Amazon just emailed me an update and the cable should be shipping by Monday.  Glad there may be light at the end of the tunnel.  My second graphics card is so lonely.

It should be the new design.

If not let me know, you should be able to tell right away.

It should be the new design.

If not let me know, you should be able to tell right away.

I just received the cable and its NOT the new design.  It was folded like a taco in a padded envelope.  I am getting really tired of waiting to install my other graphics card.  Mike, you need to get with Amazon and set them straight.  I need a cable and I need it two weeks ago.   You can look up my prior email for my information jakevsnake@wraithrev.com. Oh yeah, and I have another cable from Amazon on the way (wanted a backup) so I am not hopeful its the right one.  I will find out tomorrow.

See attached pics.

post-100021-0-88519100-1459212921_thumb.jpeg

post-100021-0-28451600-1459212933_thumb.jpeg

I just ordered a Core P5 case from Amazon today & was wondering if it will ship with the updated PCIe 16x extender cable? Amazon only had one extra Thermaltake PCIe 16x cable left. Every single review but one says these cables do not work in the 1st PCIe slot, if these are the updated cables then put that in the title so people will see that these are updated and so indeed work.

If I get a folded taco cable in my Core P5 box I am going to be disappointed.