**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=8KC3-0726-0250&vendor=19

Is this the same one you used? If so, it would probably take some modifications to mount it to the video card end (to keep it in place).

Hey sorry for late reply yes that is the same one and works amazing but it is pricey. and dont worry the connection will stay fine. they are really high quality. But you pay for that quality

Tech support finally replied back and will talk to someone in the " Advanced RMA " department to see what they can do to remedy the situation.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Just received a email from Customer Service....their sending me a package.   I can only assume it's another riser cable.  Any bets if this will work or not ?

[...]

I have had a replacement cable sent from Thermaltake DE, the images show the difference between the old one and the new one, the Shielding on the cable is still way below par as it opens up at the end once the card is in place. The cable still has major latency issues or at least the one I got has, still get lockup and stuttering in audio.  

[...]

attachicon.gifIMG_0032.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0033.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0034.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0035.JPG

Do you mind clarifying which cable is which? I've just submitted an RMA request as I'm finding the same ol' issues as others have stated - frequent inability to POST; hard locks and up to 50% performance degradation on the rare occasion I'm able to actually do anything. Put everything back to horizontal alignment, and it all returns to normal.

The identifying string on the PCB of my riser is: DJ-PCB10150A ... If I read your post correctly, this sounds like it's the newer riser?

Yes, we are still accepting Riser cable replacements.

Who did you email?

Please send all requests to ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Feel free to contact me, my email below, send me an email and attach this email you sent a week ago in your reply.

-Mike

Does that include international customers, or are we still sticking with cs@thermaltake.com ?

Cheers.

Same issue. Purchased the case on 02.05.2016 and a riser cable didn't worked from the first day.

Was not sure if it's a cabel or pc issues, didn't refunded it because i like how the case looks, however now i'm switched to the custom water cooling and i need an extender because i'm not able to direct connect my graphic card without reassembling the whole water loop!;(

I've also changed most of the pc parts since the case was purchased, means i'm pretty sure it's a cabel issue.

Contacted cs@thermaltake.com and support@thermaltake.de with a demand to replace it for free. Will see, how many days this guys will let me use my intergrated video (1080gtx, i miss you so much).

Emailed 

ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com on Sunday 2nd October 12:53pm Australian Eastern time, got an email Tuesday 4th October (Monday was a holiday) with the tracking number of the courier sending it from Melbourne (i'm in Queensland) hope this is the correct cable that actually works this time. 

Hello,

When i bought the core p5 three months ago the first cable wasn't working at all. i contacted your distributor here in Lebanon(meit) and they gladly exchange it for me, but now the second one is causing crashes and stuttering. i removed it and place my VGA directly on the board. what should i do?

Hi..

I just bought 2 of the P5 cases (yes yes.. I'm making my own version of the L3P tt Desk) from a company down here in Australia called Centrecom.. Funny thing is.. One case has the 'FLAT' Riser Cable in a large box with the HD cradle and the other has the 'FOLDED' cable in a small box.. The 'FOLDED' cable when unfolded is about 25mm or 1 Inch longer than the 'FLAT' one...   when I have built the desk it will be interesting to see which... if either.. cable works.. stayed tuned..

post-105343-0-38847800-1475835808_thumb.jpg

So i bought my P5 yesterday, spent all day/night playing with different setups; and then hit the riser issue. I'm an engineer so naturally curious i researched into the plausible reasons it was so unreliable. Mine worked then didn't then did etc.

After using a ferrite core which was supposed to be at the range of 85ohm (the working cables impedance) and then using really thick double layered aluminium tape, then heat shrinked; i re-ran through everything again, with 0 luck. 

I decided to take ALL the shielding off of the cable to see the condition of the ribbon cable, and this is the actual manufacturers of the cable:

EDIT: This is the one i'm buying tomorrow to fix the issue. $118 Aud..

more so; not sure if mine was a one-off but my actual cable shielding coming from the header (really thin film) was under the adhesive used for the shielding. It could be conductive adhesive used, but most aren't that i've seen. Kinda explains why it was so dodgy. 

I've stripped mine down and will reflow the headers to seat everything nicer, and re shield and test, also ground to mobo ground.

oh and hi; first post haha

Edit: Stripped the jumper, last 4 pins were completely snapped 1/2 way into the header. Disassembly was done via rework station at low heat and low air flow also 

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the delay in my replies, I am not directly handling cable requests outside of the USA.

If you are in the USA and have not received a reply from yet, please contact me directly ASAP. (email in my Sig)

For our customers outside of the USA, I am forwarding your requests to our HQ team to sort and ship out.

I know there are some delays due to stock depending on where you are located.

You are all welcome to contact me if you are continuing to have problems, I can help escalate.

Hi Mike, once again I am waiting to hear back from thermaltake australia its been 3 business days. Not even a courtesy email to say we have recieved your email and am working on it. I have had a replacement riser sent out (white clip) that had issues straight after install. There's a few other threads on other forums saying thermaltake aus is pretty poor so might be something to look into before someone goes to consumer affairs instead.

Are you able to look into the status of the rma for me? Had the case for 5 weeks now and I'm really over it been half dismantled and looking like crap either due to a faulty riser or waiting for a riser.

post-105135-0-57468700-1477420972_thumb.jpg

Like many of you guys, getting super frustrated with this.

First PCIE Riser  would only work in second PCIE slot at 2.0 - Received a replacement but now the top slot works but only runs at x4 speeds as opposed to the x16 that it should run at. 

Anyone else having a similar issue? Have checked BIOS etc, tried when GPU under load and just can't get past it.

Surely I can't be this unlucky to get TWO dud PCIE risers in a row...

Hi all,

Cable requests are being processed as soon as possible.

The time frame is based on availability of the cable for the region you are located. (Some can take longer depending on where you live)

I also want to update everyone, cs@thermaltake.com has now changed to info@thermaltake.com

Any email recently sent to the old email, I suggest you resend to the new one as we are transitioning to the new platform. 

This is to help with some issue we have had in the past to improve our support globally.

Hi Mike, once again I am waiting to hear back from thermaltake australia its been 3 business days. Not even a courtesy email to say we have recieved your email and am working on it. I have had a replacement riser sent out (white clip) that had issues straight after install. There's a few other threads on other forums saying thermaltake aus is pretty poor so might be something to look into before someone goes to consumer affairs instead.

Are you able to look into the status of the rma for me? Had the case for 5 weeks now and I'm really over it been half dismantled and looking like crap either due to a faulty riser or waiting for a riser.

It really can depend on the components you are using, your MB and VGA could have an issue where the cable, even a replacement cable may not resolve the issue.

There are other cables on the market, you can welcome to purchase them as the riser cable we include is not a guarantee.

Specs always help when you have a concern like this so we know what you are working with.

Also, please make sure to contact our support for assistance with a replacement. (See 1st post for details)

I have seen and will say this again, several users are working fine, it is just hit or miss.

I have seen personally, GTX 1080's in SLI working fine and giving full performance scores.

I have seen more issues with non-reference GPU's and GPU that have modified PCB from the original NVIDIA spec.

Also, to be honest, I see more problems with AMD than NVIDIA too.

There are other solutions out there if the replacement is not working for you, especially  after multiple replacements.

Contact us and will work with our region teams to help with another replacement.