**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

Hello All,

Just recently finished my build with Thermaltake Core P3 case. Love the way it looks.

However, after numerous driver installs for my GPU having some hair pulling moments trying to update.

I always get a black screen but the computer seems to be running when installing nearly any driver for the gpu which is a gtx 1070. Then I go down a weird road of restarts and hoping windows repair will get me back to point A.

After reading this thread there seems to be a correlation to the riser cable, however I was uncertain if anyone had this same problem with driver installs and replaced the riser cable then had success with driver installs?

Thanks

Hi

I just completed my build in a Core P5 i bought for Xmas.

But i'm having issues getting my eVGA GTX1080 FTW to post at all with the riser cable. Every so often the PC will post but then will freeze up, 9 times out of 10 it won't ever post, just black screen (i have a Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, it has onboard status LED's, it gets to "VGA" (After passing CPU and RAM) and stays there, eventually failing with a Missing VGA Beep code error.

It will post and have no problems if i use onboard video (on the 6700k), i can't plug the video card into the mobo due to watercooling (The GPU isn't watercooled yet, but piping gets in the way of mounting it in any slot, its 2 weeks old and was working fine when i shut the system down, literally pulled it from that system and plugged it straight into this one).

I've already drained the loop to check CPU mounting (fearing it was a bent CPU pin!), and only just stumbled onto this now after hours of "test" to find the issue.

Are replacements still being sent out? Is there a new fix in the works for this yet? I'll send an email off with details to the address listed earlier in the thread on monday if i dont get a response (really really disappointed, wish i had seen this post earlier, the case is amazing and saw so many amazing builds that just pushed me to get it, with the vertical GPU mount being a selling point, deflating to have this issue :( i'm worried whats going to happen a year or so down the track, if these cables are so finicky now, how will they be when theyre older and TT support has dried up!?!?)

Hi

I just completed my build in a Core P5 i bought for Xmas.

But i'm having issues getting my eVGA GTX1080 FTW to post at all with the riser cable. Every so often the PC will post but then will freeze up, 9 times out of 10 it won't ever post, just black screen (i have a Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, it has onboard status LED's, it gets to "VGA" (After passing CPU and RAM) and stays there, eventually failing with a Missing VGA Beep code error.

It will post and have no problems if i use onboard video (on the 6700k), i can't plug the video card into the mobo due to watercooling (The GPU isn't watercooled yet, but piping gets in the way of mounting it in any slot, its 2 weeks old and was working fine when i shut the system down, literally pulled it from that system and plugged it straight into this one).

I've already drained the loop to check CPU mounting (fearing it was a bent CPU pin!), and only just stumbled onto this now after hours of "test" to find the issue.

Are replacements still being sent out? Is there a new fix in the works for this yet? I'll send an email off with details to the address listed earlier in the thread on monday if i dont get a response (really really disappointed, wish i had seen this post earlier, the case is amazing and saw so many amazing builds that just pushed me to get it, with the vertical GPU mount being a selling point, deflating to have this issue :( i'm worried whats going to happen a year or so down the track, if these cables are so finicky now, how will they be when theyre older and TT support has dried up!?!?)

replacements are still being sent out , i asked for RMA two months ago , guess my mail got lost somehow :) so i wrote another mail and its like 7days and in next two or three days this RMA cable of mine will be home :D .. i was wrong they rly try to help ppl out ! so dont you worry , contact them again and im sure you will be taken care of sooner or later ,) 

edit : mailed them 10.1. - and its 13.1. and i have the riser cable home (not 7 days as i said , so i was wrong again , sorry for misleading) . cant believe my eyes :) you guys who ever had taken care of me , thank you ! all of you :)

edit 2 : got the new riser cable instaled , and so far it is working kinda ok , i say kinda cus i have lost almost 20% of fps (went from almost 20k in 3dmark to 15360) 

so i guess i wait till they start selling those "premium" cables :)  . will try to tweak it lil bit and see what will happen :) . even tho it isnt superb , i have to say thanks to TT and their customers service and specialy to those who has taken care of my support ticket :) 

Unfortunately I have the same problem in my new view 27 and my EVGA GTX 1070 :-( ..

I have just contacted Thermaltake, I hope I can have a functional Riser soon !!

Edit : I tried to plug the riser first in my graphic card (before fixing it on case), and it's now working well (tried a benchmark on it, gone fine). I think fixing the riser in case first as recommended could lead to a bad insertion of the graphic card in the connector. I hope it will continue to work, and maybe this advice could help someone !

#### thermaltake now will sell raiser premium cables in different lengths. So prepare yourself for buying a premium cable those which did not get a replacement or have defective one... check the news of ces17 what they will have new... https://youtu.be/vbA3brdXc1k

Referring to viedeo, it seems that that riser won't be cheap and will not be included in cheap cases (20-30$) and thats ok for me, but Core P5 price is about 130$. Can someone (@ThermalMike) from Thermaltake company confirm that new premium riser will be included in new revision of TT Core P5?

If I have still problem with TT riser (cheap version included with P5) and will contact with TT support to replace the not working riser, will I receive the new Premium Riser? @ThermalMike do you have info about that?

TT Core P5 isn't a cheap case and costs over 130$ and the premium riser should be included from the beginning

From what Ive read on other places as well the premium raiser will NOT be coming included with ANY cases now or in the future. It would just cost much more apparently. Lets wait for the prices of this raisers... my replacement I got was a different one from the original coming with my p3 case. But those premium which are coming seem to be even better, I might get one in order to be sure I am not loosing performance over the time without noticing it maybe and believing it is my hardware... still a poor move of Thermaltake to come now with that premium raiser after selling defect ones with a over 100 dollar case. That was really poor and unprofessional. Still I got my replacement within a week of reporting that mine is not working correctly so I was satisfied but it was due to my seller who contacted Thermaltake. Anyhow lets wait for the premium raiser prices.

Hi,

I've just bought a TT Core P3 Snow Edition, so sexy chassis and have the same symptoms as you...
I'm happy it's not my Mobo/GPU the fault...

I've just contacted the support for a RMA.

For the ones who got a new Riser cable, everything is working now?

I'm kind of worry to trust this cable in the future lol

Unfortunately I have the same problem in my new view 27 and my EVGA GTX 1070 :-( ..

I have just contacted Thermaltake, I hope I can have a functional Riser soon !!

Edit : I tried to plug the riser first in my graphic card (before fixing it on case), and it's now working well (tried a benchmark on it, gone fine). I think fixing the riser in case first as recommended could lead to a bad insertion of the graphic card in the connector. I hope it will continue to work, and maybe this advice could help someone !

Hello back !

Did you tried this ? It's still working for me.

Maybe try to connect Riser with GPU on your desk ?

post-106354-0-61078000-1484761273_thumb.png

My second raiser works since day one... and I disconnected it a few times due to other installations, but it always worked again after installing... lets wait for that new premium raiser cable what Thermaltake will sell... how much it will cost and so on... my build is so far finished, I am planning on letting a company make a real glass panel to replace this acryl one, I can let it make even tempered a bit...

So i had my heart set on a View 27 case - And surprise surprise the riser cable i need is not in the box (and swimming in controversy over build quality leading to some not-so-easy-or-cheap choices)

So, I just ordered a pair of TT riser cables from Amazon.ca - I'm hoping they are the "new version" and not the folded one. I'm only using a single GPU so I don't think i will have as many issues as those with multiples, but I still ordered a pair of the cable "just in case"

Funny thing, the  Amazon.ca listing for this part has a title of "Thermaltake CORE P5 AIO Bracket System with SSD/HDD Mounting, 3 Pack Cases AC-040-A31NAN-C1"

Which CLEARLY isn't the correct part - but the reviews and .com sub-listings are for the riser card so took a gamble. I'll keep you all up to date on the results of the pair of TT cables - Ordered next day shipping so I will know by the weekend.

Z170A MSI pc-mate

i5-7600k

16GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance LED

MSI GTX1080 Aero

Got my replacement riser cable yesterday. Seems legit everything is installed getting slightly higher 3DMark scores as well compared to before with my GPU being directly in the slot. I would recommend install drivers first with GPU in the slot then install riser cable and place GPU into riser cable.

Dont think it really makes any difference. Also higher benchmark scores using raiser vs directly in the slot is highly impossible, just saying. :)

Dont think it really makes any difference. Also higher benchmark scores using raiser vs directly in the slot is highly impossible, just saying. :)

It WILL make a difference if there is a chance to damage your system each time you plug it in and out - Doing any other way would involve an extra swap, and twice as much chance that you bend or mess up the cable - It is good advice. Not to mention, if you are having intermittent issues while installing drivers for the hardware that is having intermittent issues? Ya, not good at all. That would be similar to OC'ing your machine until the point it is NOT stable, and then trying to do a bunch of Windows Updates or other system-OS intensive things, and then being surprised that all your data is getting corrupted.

I have seen a LOT of benchmarks showing higher scores with the riser\extension cable (when it is working 100%) - Not sure how that is possible, but it is happening and it is definitely not impossible. Its all little micro-differences, so each test will vary, but I was surprised to see a few HIGHER with the cable (even by a few points, #### it SHOULD be lower!)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1427731/pci-express-extender-cables-benchmarked

ḥello there,

six weeks ago i had to build a new computer because my old one died :) So i decided to build up a complete new system which should also look great. Thats why I decided to buy the View 27 from TT because i liked the vertical mounting. After 2 weeks i received all the parts and was happy to finally start with the assembly. Then i got the same problem as you guys with the riser. I can only run the computer with PCI-E 1.0 ( Asus STRIX Gaming Bios setting ) but still got bluescreens sometimes at bootup. After I found this thread right here, i decided to contact TT to get a replacement. Yesterday it finally arrived and i will try it today. I will keep you guys posted!

Andreas

1) Update: Looks like it is working now, but i didn't set PCI-Express to "AUTO" in bios, instead i set it to "GEN3"! If it is working more than 3 days i will update the post and keep you posted

2) Update: It is working 2 days now. But I still have Bluescreen with "machine exception error" on every boot after normal shutdown. I will try to reinstall windows next weekend to see if it is a software issue with windows 10!

So the cable was working for 6 weeks and now its broken again. Its only possible to run it now with GEN1 and GEN2 in BIOS. For me it makes no sense, so i will request for a new replacement :(

Hello! I'm kinda worried about this issue petruding all the way into 2017 :/

I really want this case for a watercooled build but I dont wanna drain my loop 3 times because the pci cable is a piece of ####.... 

Does anyone who recently got the case know if this is now resolved out of the box for new cases or if not can anyone tell me where i could buy a good replacement for the included one so i can just.. idk burn it or something and use the aftermarket one.

TY all!

Hi Guys,

just new here.. and sadly upon purchase of my Core P3... im also having this issues.. is this still covered by  item warranty or replacement? as its kinda sad... cos 1st thing i want with this case is the sideways GPU installation. and i cant even use it. help me please :( 

sorry for my english-- :( :( :( 

Thank #### for this thread!

I've been up super late for almost a week trying to figure out #### is going on with my brand new build. I reckon I tried EVERY possibility possible (except for plugging the GPU directly into motherboard) and had the same issue every #### time. I changed the PCIE Mode on slot 1 to GEN 2.0 and it worked for a day... which I was pretty happy about but not 100% satisfied.

Thanks to everyone who has raised this issue and recommended the 3M cable as that is the one I have ordered. I have complete confidence this cable will work without any issues.

Now I can finally play GTA V in peace :D

I have kept my experience out of the forum for 40 days now but after still being messed around by the unhelpful support I thought it time to share my experience.  

The riser cable that came with my core P5 did work well sort of it would only run at 8x even though it was in a 16x socket and it would also only run at PCI-E Gen 2 this resulted in a terrible user experience having a R9 295x2 it helps to have as much throughput as possible.  Windows works fine although games are super sluggish I then booted my linux install and I was in for a shock there were so many PCI communication errors after two minutes of running my install became unusable turns out the there were basic PCI communications failing despise the user interface displaying this caused a syslog file of nearly 100GB at this point I knew something was wrong but couldn't find a solution. I removed the riser cable and as it happens I had bought a second cable as well so I could connect my capture card I plugged that in and thats when the whole system went weird the screen would just constantly flash on and off and nothing I did could fix that issue then just to test I took my card out having to drain the custom loop and make some more petg pipes for the card to be plugged directly into the motherboard it appears to boot fine displaying the bios but then when you boot windows you get a mostly black screen with some large coloured blocks on it this was with the card directly plunged into the motherboard strange as it worked before and had been working for over a year. Googled the issue turns out to be something to do with memory. I then tried the card in every slot on my Motherboard and the same thing would happen this is all after I used the riser cable. Suspicious I think so. To check that no other damage had been done I had to go out and buy a new graphics card only got one of those cheap 710 nvidia cards plugged it in directly and wow it worked straight away then just to make sure I checked again my R9 295x2 and the same happens with the blocks.

I then embarked on trying to get the issue sorted and this where I found the most unhelpful support team I have ever had to deal with, there have been countless emails back and forward with thermaltake failing to take responsibility and a few other things happened like supposed lost emails and the likes. I then finally got them agree to take the cables and my graphics card after  negotiating and them just saying send it to us not giving me an address and expecting me to pay the £200 - £300 postage costs which they finally agreed to pay by giving me a fedex account number. Now finally the last thing that they are now doing it to keep requesting a new date for delivery it arrived in the city their headquarters are in on the 24th of January and the current delivery date is the 8th of Febuary it's there I can see that it is just sat there why can't they just get off their backsides and let it be delivered and test it then give me my compensation.

Hello All,

I received my P3 last week and really enjoyed the first hour... until black screen during boots... I have replaced all material and at the end, only the riser was remaining !
I have removed this one with a new setup and it works perfectly fine...

I'm working in the industry as you and I have to admit that risk assessment and product management is a disaster here when you see the first RMA !

I already sent a mail last week and I'd like to get a quick feedback since you are not a start-up...

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

I'm glad I found this thread. I read about this issue *after* I ordered my P3 Snow Edition case on Amazon.ca. Knowledge is power and I want to thank everyone here for providing their experiences with this and along with Thermaltake for addressing the issue/replacing cables.

I should have my case by next weekend. I will post my results.

I'e received my Core P3 chassis yesterday, the case looks sick.

And then i went sick aswell.

Kicking the wildcard, i really hoped i've received a revised version of the case with the new and improved riser cable.

That isn't the case so it seems, i was crushed to see windows wouldn't boot, let alone even booting my display.

After a few retries it worked, but not without issues, the display driver would fail, artifacts on the screen, rebooting and getting stuck with all kinds of graphical errors.

I've send a mail to you Thermalmike for a replacement, also to the departement in Germany so it maybe speeds up the process. 

If the issues with the revised rise cable still persist.

There should be as option to get the premium cable at a serious discount.

I will see how it goes, so far i got the feeling Thermalmike is trying his best to sort all the issues out.

I have an MSI krait z97 mobo and a 290x sapphire amd

EDIT Core P3 Snow Edition

S