**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

Hi Pyro2677. If you're here in Australia or New Zealand and are after our TT PREMIUM Riser Cable (available in 300mm, 600mm and 1M sizes), you can order directly through all good PC stores and online retailers. You can find them at PC Case Gear, Mwave, PLE Computers etc. etc.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. For all local Australia or New Zealand queries we do recommend you get in touch with our local Melbourne office directly on (03) 9544 6587 - as we'll be able to help you out immediately.

Thanks, Kind of disappointing on the TTPremium website it you can buy it for $69.99AUD but all the shops here have them $85+postage. 

Don't suppose you have an exchange service i can send back 3 of the faulty cables and you send me a premium? 

Looking for a cable for the P3... but in Germany taxes and stuff are so expensive from the us... if i would buy the tt premium one in the tt premium shop it would cost 190€ ...

i could get the Lian Li PW-PCI-E38-1 Riser Cabel but i guess its too long (38cm) and the bracket is not on the same side/direction as the boxed one. Anybody used the Lian Li cabel?

Hi Don Siffo, 

Now we have TTPremium.eu as an option to serve people based in Euro, please visit our https://ttpremium.eu/ for the premium cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I read this whole thread and all I can say is it's brutal.

I got this case about three weeks or a month ago and brought it home and assembled it and put a brand-new MSI Gaming X 8GB 1080 in it and immediately recognized something was wrong when I booted up after installing windows.

Massive USB pausing… Crazy hangs in programs starting (disk reads - M.2 card) and 4-6 FPS in 3DMark. For all of you guys claiming that nothing could be wrong with the cable and those are mainboard issues, sorry, but you've simply never seen it and are ignorant to massive interference on the main bus of a PC. I found the problem in less than ten minutes, since that is a non-standard cable and looked "sketchy" out of the box. Poor foil job, ripples all through the cord, sorry Thermaltake but it's just a bad cable choice. Should have raised the cost of the case from $120-$150 and sold it at $150-$170 and it would have been far and away a better idea, or cut $5 off and don't sell the cable with it. You've created a real customer service nightmare for yourself and you can blame it on our PCs all you want, but at the end of the day - people buy the 3M and it works - and now a year later you're still running into a wall and then upselling a "premium" cable. Zero chance I'll be buying that from you. Also, it manifests itself on a new mainboard (swapped the mainboard out to upgrade from 350 to 370) and have tried a test video card (nVidia 670) and a new set of RAM (two different kits of G.Skill) to see if different components affected it.

I'm using an RGB Thermaltake 750W power supply... I bought a full water cooling kit from you and this case and fans, and I doubt I'll buy another product from you. I guess it doesn't matter to you possibly, but whomever boxes your product designs up in headquarters has some pretty poor decision-making skills (i.e. They're "cheap"). Enthusiast case, poor cable for the biggest flash feature, then keep telling every customer it's their hardware config, right. Sell me a water cooling kit with tubing, rad, fittings, CPU block and coolant even, but NO SILICONE TUBE. A full special-order kit and then at the end I can't use it because in true "buyer beware" fashion, you don't include the critical component that is a necessity to bend any tubing? I get it, no 90's, fine - but no silicone? $5 of silicone? Really?

No AM4 support, 100% reasonable - its new! Oh wait, you don't just send a mount kit for free (like 90% of the market), have to buy one - okay $6.99 USD - oh wait - you want $30-$80(?!?!?!?) to ship it to me in Canada? Not. Happening. I built a jig, drilled out the spots and fabricated it all up on a Sunday. Yeah, no warranty now? Don't worry - it's not like your words mean anything anyways. All I want is a working cable and a working mount kit, and clearly I'm on my own for both because you "claim" a warranty but you're actually just sending another semi-garbage cable and then upselling the twinax one for $60-$99 (USD-CAD). You should sell the upgraded one for cost, with USPS or free shipping (rather than send garbage cables again and again). As for claiming tons of people don't complain, I but there is two things, a higher than average return rate at your resellers and a lot of people who plugged direct or simply bought another cord over RMA because they didn't want to wait for the RMA process.

Seriously, this is a 14-page forum post spanning over a year... you've had time to change the shippping product or fix it.

You're not bad people, you sell some REALLY cool products, but someone needs to realize in your company that selling something unreliable and then expecting customers to cough up money for more parts and to basically rip them off for shipping is a solid way to lose market share. There is ZERO chance it is $80 USD to ship a CPU mount by UPS to Canada. I ship stuff all the time from China to Canada and to and from the US for work and personal.

Well, I read this whole thread and all I can say is it's brutal.

I got this case about three weeks or a month ago and brought it home and assembled it and put a brand-new MSI Gaming X 8GB 1080 in it and immediately recognized something was wrong when I booted up after installing windows.

Massive USB pausing… Crazy hangs in programs starting (disk reads - M.2 card) and 4-6 FPS in 3DMark. For all of you guys claiming that nothing could be wrong with the cable and those are mainboard issues, sorry, but you've simply never seen it and are ignorant to massive interference on the main bus of a PC. I found the problem in less than ten minutes, since that is a non-standard cable and looked "sketchy" out of the box. Poor foil job, ripples all through the cord, sorry Thermaltake but it's just a bad cable choice. Should have raised the cost of the case from $120-$150 and sold it at $150-$170 and it would have been far and away a better idea, or cut $5 off and don't sell the cable with it. You've created a real customer service nightmare for yourself and you can blame it on our PCs all you want, but at the end of the day - people buy the 3M and it works - and now a year later you're still running into a wall and then upselling a "premium" cable. Zero chance I'll be buying that from you. Also, it manifests itself on a new mainboard (swapped the mainboard out to upgrade from 350 to 370) and have tried a test video card (nVidia 670) and a new set of RAM (two different kits of G.Skill) to see if different components affected it.

I'm using an RGB Thermaltake 750W power supply... I bought a full water cooling kit from you and this case and fans, and I doubt I'll buy another product from you. I guess it doesn't matter to you possibly, but whomever boxes your product designs up in headquarters has some pretty poor decision-making skills (i.e. They're "cheap"). Enthusiast case, poor cable for the biggest flash feature, then keep telling every customer it's their hardware config, right. Sell me a water cooling kit with tubing, rad, fittings, CPU block and coolant even, but NO SILICONE TUBE. A full special-order kit and then at the end I can't use it because in true "buyer beware" fashion, you don't include the critical component that is a necessity to bend any tubing? I get it, no 90's, fine - but no silicone? $5 of silicone? Really?

No AM4 support, 100% reasonable - its new! Oh wait, you don't just send a mount kit for free (like 90% of the market), have to buy one - okay $6.99 USD - oh wait - you want $30-$80(?!?!?!?) to ship it to me in Canada? Not. Happening. I built a jig, drilled out the spots and fabricated it all up on a Sunday. Yeah, no warranty now? Don't worry - it's not like your words mean anything anyways. All I want is a working cable and a working mount kit, and clearly I'm on my own for both because you "claim" a warranty but you're actually just sending another semi-garbage cable and then upselling the twinax one for $60-$99 (USD-CAD). You should sell the upgraded one for cost, with USPS or free shipping (rather than send garbage cables again and again). As for claiming tons of people don't complain, I but there is two things, a higher than average return rate at your resellers and a lot of people who plugged direct or simply bought another cord over RMA because they didn't want to wait for the RMA process.

Seriously, this is a 14-page forum post spanning over a year... you've had time to change the shippping product or fix it.

You're not bad people, you sell some REALLY cool products, but someone needs to realize in your company that selling something unreliable and then expecting customers to cough up money for more parts and to basically rip them off for shipping is a solid way to lose market share. There is ZERO chance it is $80 USD to ship a CPU mount by UPS to Canada. I ship stuff all the time from China to Canada and to and from the US for work and personal.

Hi McFly,

I apologize for the issues you have experienced with your Thermaltake product. We are here to help with any concerns.

Have you contacted our support?

I would especially like to know which hard tube kit you purchased that did not include the silicon insert, it should be there.

As for the shipping, that does not sound right, it might be an issue with the shopping cart, again we are here to help.

Give us a call today so we can sort our and help. 800.988.1088

You can also contact me directly, my email is below.

Hi McFly,

I apologize for the issues you have experienced with your Thermaltake product. We are here to help with any concerns.

Have you contacted our support?

I would especially like to know which hard tube kit you purchased that did not include the silicon insert, it should be there.

As for the shipping, that does not sound right, it might be an issue with the shopping cart, again we are here to help.

Give us a call today so we can sort our and help. 800.988.1088

You can also contact me directly, my email is below.

Hi Mike,

I did contact both the 1088 line and the TTPremium store (I'm not sure if that is "run" by TT or just affiliated with TT (in fairness) but I think it's TT-owned(?) as your main site links there in numerous places.

When I called both lines they mentioned I did have to buy the adapter. Again - it's $7 USD, so lets be real - I was okay with that... I will say Corsair sent me one for my other PC free but I "did" wait almost three weeks for it (I also own a closed loop H110i), but it came by USPS First Class I think and not UPS (no import fee), but for a bracket like this, UPSs tracking and then getting charged $4.25 CAD for import fees isn't worth it - you could lose five and still be cost-positive. I "did" quote the shipping wrong at $80 as I had tried to add a W4 "plus" the W1 AM4 adapter on my initial estimate, but totally backed out once I saw shipping. Updated screenshot attached - it is $27.29 USD to $67.10 USD - plus I have to pay the import fee for them handling customs, which again, will be $4.25 CAD on top (plus taxes on the total value 5% on , it's essentially a $52.47 CAD adapter kit if I go the cheapest route offered to me. To give you an idea, I bought $280 USD in supplies from another vendor in the USA from Florida (9.8Lbs - don't have the dim weight) and had it shipped for $40.98 USD by FedEx Priority (1-3 day). They have a $10 CAD import fee but I bypass that by having an account to bill it to my CC, so even "more" options would help.... USPS, UPS and FedEx or something.

When I called the 1088 line about the cable I was directed to the e-RMA tool on the site, which I have yet to do (couple days - that's on me) because I have to scan/photograph the invoice. I'm sure it's easy to do, but another identical cable is probably not cost effective for your company or myself. I'll follow up on it, but I've also bought a $13.99 CAD cable from Amazon.ca to test, if it works - I may move the old cable's shielding and black fabric cover - my milage may vary - understood.

Regarding the silicone insert - I've already bought a GPU water block, additional fittings and the silicone insert. I guess the trick is, your more "simple" kits (RL360 RGB) do not include the insert and then you are recommended on the box to buy the $99 CAD bending kit, which includes the $5 piece of silicone (FYI, using a piece of foam, does NOT work! Haha! I can't even find a silicone insert alone from Newegg.ca, MemoryExpress or NCIX - so I just bought one from a 3rd party reseller, Performance-PCs.com). Box pic attached noting no insert is included... but in fairness the RL360 ad on Amazon.ca isn't inspiring - it says it has a 240mm rad.

So, I get it's not in the kit, and I'm not asking for freebies now - but it's a "weird" thing not to include... and I totally admit it's my fault for not catching it, it's just - your nicer kits include them - it could easily be in there for an extra $5 and then we'd be cooking with gas out of the gates. It's like the person who planned the Reef, Riptide and Pacific kits didn't plan the RL360 Hard Tube Kit and then they just approached it like the soft tubing kits... which, isn't useful for the customer. I see the RL240 Hard Tube Kit also has that "design" so maybe it's planned as per product design and marketing?

Anyways, none of this has to do with the P5... so I'll contact support and I'll ask for a cable, but reading this thread through 14 pages tells me "there's a better way." And honestly, your products are all so cool, and you offer so many amazing 3D models for mods, and there are so many positives - I just guess I figured someone would think, "This might really be a stressor for customers" over the last year and change it. I've owned a bunch of cases and accessories from your company over the years and they've been pretty great... I guess the AM4 shipping issues, coupled with the cable and seeing a lot of people didn't find success after doing two RMAs at times, makes it kinda disappointing. I know that both TT and it's employees are not ignoring customers, but changing the solution or tweaking product design might help a lot for these.

post-119628-0-46815800-1492537297_thumb.jpg

post-119628-0-75134700-1492539171_thumb.jpg

post-119628-0-35153300-1492537306_thumb.jpg

Mike,

I e-mailed support on the 16th and had a response on the 17th. I was thrilled. I was provided a tracking number and told the package would be shipping the next day (Tuesday, the 18th). As of noon today (the 19th) its still not been shipped. Should I be concerned? Should I contact support again or wait another day before doing so? 

If its not left yet - can I pay for priority shipping? The method being used looks to be over a week of waiting for it to be delivered to Canada. I've got a shiny new 1080 Ti and no way to use it. 

Thanks in advance! :)

Well, got the $13.99 cable from Amazon in today. Hooked it all up and it booted, then would crash in 3DMark. FurMark had low scores and was pausing.

Wrapped it in aluminium shielding between the two layers of ribbon, then outside the ribbon around as a shield, now works.

I just finished 3DMark with a score of 7791 and am running FurMark for 24 hours now...

The TT base cable from the P5 actually had really thick shielding. It has to be an idiosyncrasy with the single layer or something. I mean they even added capacitors to the stock cable... so it has to be the gauge or something in my situation.

Hi there TT. Im having the same issue, I Just bought your core p5, love the case (dont love the lack ssd display options thought)
And i spent about a day trying to solve the problem of my pc not booting correctly until i removed the riser cables and mounted my GPU directly to my mobo.
Can I get a working replacement?
Thanks ,
Ben C

I am having the same issue with my Core G3. The riser cable made my system not booting, no posting beep.

Email sent last week. No reply.

Thermaltake ... please be seriously responsible on this issue.

Keeping thread running up to 10+ pages is unacceptable in product quality's perspective.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:37 AM, Yukss said:

update: I just got a response from TT team and they send a new pci exp riser cable, hopefully it works. i will post the result. thanks

Hi Yukss,

Wanted to check in, did you get the replacement cable?

How is it working for you?

thx

I bought the P5 way back when it was released and i recall having a nightmare getting everything stable. I too was worried that my motherboard was faulty or i'd damaged something installing an M2 post build. In the end after allot of tinkering the PC suddenly started to boot. At that time i was just happy my new RIG was operational, never even considered that the PCIe riser cable was the culprit. I've persevered ever since but never been happy with the system lags, audio pops, USB issues etc. It wasn't until a friend of mine starting building his new RIG that he discovered the whole issue around the PCIe riser cables and let me know about it.

So I bought the 300mm Premium TT cable as it was the only one available immediately and installed it today.............Wow i can't believe i'd put up with the system performance issues for so long. My RIG is immediately more snappier and the lag and other issues have disappeared.

Morale of my story is 100% do not use the P5 supplied cable! Its absolute %&£$. 

I can vouch for the TT premium cable as a good replacement but its not cheap. Other cables are out there deemed just as good (if not better) and at a lower price. 

6 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Sorry Mike, after having 3 of your cables failed I'm not willing to pay for another "Cheaper New Designed" cable when my faulty replacement cable was supposed to be redesigned aswell.

18 hours ago, Pyro2677 said:

Sorry Mike, after having 3 of your cables failed I'm not willing to pay for another "Cheaper New Designed" cable when my faulty replacement cable was supposed to be redesigned aswell.

Have you contacted me to send a replacement cable yet?

Please follow the template and email me again if so, will get you the new design to support your Thermaltake purchased product that came with a cable.

I know you are not in the USA, I can work with our team in your region to work something out.

I try to help as much as I can.

thx.

Edited by ThermalMike

I bought a cable from you and it presents freezes to start the computer and in the games that are also frozen in the video, I am from Brazil and already sent an email as directed, I opened a ticket but until the moment no return,

Sorry for the google translate english

Your request (1888) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.