CORE V31 & GPU Size

magikbibi

Hello, i'am interesting to buy a V31 chassis but i have one question about the GPU Size.

In the specification (http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00002469) we can see 2 sizes :

- 278 mm with HDD Rack

- 420 mm without hdd rack

But when looking at the photos showing the inside of the case, we realize that the HDD Rack is down (on the bottom) and that it should not bother GPU. Is that Wrong ?

1455781333-v31-core.jpg

Moreover, when looking at the following video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SArIcsqH1Q), we see that the HDD rack does not interfere with the GPU

My GPU is 235 mm long and have regular hard drives 3.5 '', can I install my GPU while keeping the HDD rack?

Thenk you very much !

Hi...

I have a XFX R9 280X gpu that is 292mm long and it fits in the v31, but only if the hdd rack is in the bottom location. My gpu is about 2mm too long in order to place the hdd rack in the middle position.

Hence, your gpu will fit in the v31 with the hdd rack in the bottom or middle position.

If you want to put a fan on the bottom of the case below the hdd rack, then hdd rack has to be moved up to the middle position and you'd want to do that if only to avoid the hdd rack blocking that air movement.

The v31 is a great case, imo, because it is modular and has plenty of cable mgmt space. The only thing I dislike is that not all cable mgmt holes are grommeted. That one, really inexpensive thing would greatly improve the value in this case.

Good luck...

post-99967-0-58990900-1455789409_thumb.jpg