Core P5

fp79

Yes, you can install regular 120mm or 140mm case fans where the radiator is supposed to go. However, may I recommend to use that space for something else, e.g. to mount some storage drives? It'll probably need some testing out where you can fit what but in my opinion would be a great solution to make use of the space.

Iif you have a 3D printer or know someone with access to one, you can print your own fan bracket for proper airflow through the case or a 5.25" drive cage with the 3D makers blueprints: http://3dmakers.thermaltake.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, you can install regular 120mm or 140mm case fans where the radiator is supposed to go. However, may I recommend to use that space for something else, e.g. to mount some storage drives? It'll probably need some testing out where you can fit what but in my opinion would be a great solution to make use of the space.

Iif you have a 3D printer or know someone with access to one, you can print your own fan bracket for proper airflow through the case or a 5.25" drive cage with the 3D makers blueprints: http://3dmakers.thermaltake.com/

will the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme  work on core p5 as in reach across?

I'm getting the core p5. I want to know if there's any way I can fit

An EATX motherboard in it please let me know ty

Since E-ATX is using the same screwholes than ATX, you can mount an E-ATX board in the Core P5. However, the rubber grommets for the cable passthroughs might be partially covered by the board and not leave enough space for clean cable management. This can be circumvented by getting longer spacers between case and motherboard.

Basically, anything is possible with the Core P5. It might just need a little craftmanship and thinking outside of the box (which is what the case was designed for).

will the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme  work on core p5 as in reach across?

That's an extremely close call and I would not recommend it. However, we offer an optional bracket for AiO support.

Here is the version that is coming to stores (made out of steel): http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Accessories_/_/C_00002826/Core_P5_AIO_Bracket/design.htm

This is a slightly different version that you can print yourself if you have access to a 3D printer: http://3dmakers.thermaltake.com/dwgallery.aspx?s=16

Is there a 3D model of a bracket for the I/O shield, the one comes with the motherboards.  If there is not, can someone please design one and post it for download.  I want to use the I/O shield that came with the motherboard to give my build a more finished look and my I/O Shield is led lit.  I understand that I would have to drill some holes in the case, to attach the bracket, but that's the easy part.

Thanks in advance

I'm sure there's other people that would like this, also.

Thanks for your response.  But my mistake, I was talking about the rear I/O Shield that comes with the motherboard.  The Core P5 Case does not come with a bracket to attach this shield.  I was hoping that someone could 3d design one, that I can print and use. Since drilling holes in the case will void my warranty, a non drilling option would be appreciated (if possible).  If drilling is the only option, to hold the bracket in place, then that's fine to.

• 10 months later...

That's an extremely close call and I would not recommend it. However, we offer an optional bracket for AiO support.

Wow, this is extremely disappointing and kind of unacceptable. I just bought everything for an RGB Thermal take build - Toughpower Grand RGB, P5 case, Water 3.0 Riing - and the Cooler hoses don't reach!! I assumed that Thermaltake's own products would be compatible with each other. That's what I get for going all in with a new company...

Why not make a Water 3.0 with longer hoses to accommodate the P5?? I don't want to hide the Cooler behind my video card by using a stupid bracket and then have a HUGE empty area where the radiator SHOULD be.

Going to have to return everything and go with a company that thinks ahead... Now I have to wait another few weeks for a working PC...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-07 at 11:22 AM, Nd4Spdr said:

Wow, this is extremely disappointing and kind of unacceptable. I just bought everything for an RGB Thermal take build - Toughpower Grand RGB, P5 case, Water 3.0 Riing - and the Cooler hoses don't reach!! I assumed that Thermaltake's own products would be compatible with each other. That's what I get for going all in with a new company...

Why not make a Water 3.0 with longer hoses to accommodate the P5?? I don't want to hide the Cooler behind my video card by using a stupid bracket and then have a HUGE empty area where the radiator SHOULD be.

Going to have to return everything and go with a company that thinks ahead... Now I have to wait another few weeks for a working PC...

I get it's frustrating, but the P3 case is made specifically for that reason. They saw there were issues with AIOs, and they built the P3 - it's been out for a while!

I don't work for TT, and can recognize my own issues with the P5, namely the extension cable - but otherwise it's a solid case. If you put three-foot cables on the AIO coolers, then someone will complain they're "too long" and bung up the nice case they have.

Put a 30 dollar air cooler on, put a dual-tower air, or go full water loop... those are your options on that case. Otherwise, you can go with a P3 instead or a variety of options... it's your case. Sorry, but I get it's frustrating - I had the same issue with a NZXT X62 - but I didn't blame TT - there's the difference.

Seems more like you're angry you didn't do your research before a custom build and now are taking it our on TT trying to make it sound like they're not thinking - and in that one case - they have no culpability for your issues.