A toy? That's what's gonna happen if you are not enjoying mods... Modding is for art and expression... expressing your creativity, your imagination/ Showing others what you like, love, and passion. If you see this one as a toy my friend, then you haven't done real modding before... I am really sorry to say :'(

Should not this be a "case" modding or what? the model look awaesome, but thisis not a PC anymore... This is some kind of toy...

hey man, thanks for the input, while this is a modding competition and we were asked to use the core P5 for our build, i went a step further and asked thermaltake if i was able to use the Core P5s main features to create something unique, and i can assure you this is certainly a PC and certainly not a toy =) 

A toy? That's what's gonna happen if you are not enjoying mods... Modding is for art and expression... expressing your creativity, your imagination/ Showing others what you like, love, and passion. If you see this one as a toy my friend, then you haven't done real modding before... I am really sorry to say :'(

Lots of progress here guys! Some custom reservoirs, starting the details of the build, priming the build and working on the wings.

To kick things off, i measured up the mesh and used some painters tape to mark my cuts out for the wings

NRYzFwa.jpg

GsQctMV.jpg

This is only one layer of mesh, there will be one layer on the inside and on the outside

YNByT42.jpg

baO3dHE.jpg

Welded some legs to the steel rods inside the ball. The core P5 feet are made from steel so then have been welded to the legs and the plastic core p5 feet slide right over them

F9I47HC.jpg

Starting to put a couple layers of prime on

lTELyDV.jpg

uMHAq9z.jpg

Had an old reservoir so i decided to create two of my own custom reservoirs out of it. Removed the threaded part, sanded it down, and cut the tube in half.

NEcyOok.jpg

dvpVbBU.jpg

SOsSSnT.jpg

TrYMDoO.jpg

I then cut out a bottom section for the two halves.

pLcOBef.jpg

Time to Tap a G1/4 threading through the acrylic panels.

b8mt5mX.jpg

W3PzlYZ.jpg

Rtz76Ru.jpg

And now for the end caps, I also put a threaded hole in the end caps for an easy fill port.

WU8J11X.jpg

S8lxqAf.jpg

Time to mend it all together and clean it up

m1GRKcK.jpg

KvQleXF.jpg

PCO6ViD.jpg

Now what would a TIE Advanced be without Darth Vader himself? So I decided to vinyl our reservoirs

Y0R6UlT.jpg

NGBRZoq.jpg

SRP8b8Y.jpg

w2L46Y0.jpg

The vinyl will be getting peeled off later on. Time to prime the reservoirs!

i7dSmAY.jpg

PfQdmGU.jpg

A really old dead motherboard comes in handy for some detail parts, I have sourced all kinds of junk from the shed to use for details.

9gAusNn.jpg

As you can see, by sanding the motherboard a tad, it reviles the copper circuit inside, i think its a nice touch to that inside area, also got some small pipes to add in.

cxuq1iJ.jpg

3vCu4ln.jpg

Printed out an image of a TIE Advanced to i can circle the detail bits i have complete as i progress through.

d23WHqD.jpg

SrIMQkp.jpg

Working on some of the ball detail so i need to get that curved shape into the detail so it sits flush with the ball.

sqpQq4F.jpg

oJLoXbg.jpg

Lots of hours later and we have some details all glued and ready to go. I used a few old capacitors/caps for some of the details.

i5Z171T.jpg

Time to work on the top section of the ball. Measured out where i want my cuts to go.

sXA11V8.jpg

jXkk9Ov.jpg

BU0z5Nu.jpg

Some more details heated up and formed into the dome shape, that mould i kept really comes in handy.

wNSiD6F.jpg

A bit of acrylic cement and this becomes a permanent fixture =)

kVIV7iR.jpg

R82vBTG.jpg

The glue marks will not matter as this will all be painted =)

4rgwsMN.jpg

T9GTrR2.jpg

Added a couple more details so fill in the empty gaps.

csNEELs.jpg

And taped some mesh down to show you guys what i want to do tomorrow.

9J20Pty.jpg

R1PMnE0.jpg

This mesh will be glued in place with a strong adhesive.

I hope you all enjoyed the progress.

haha thanks man, i am working very hard at it. I t is now almost midnight and i am still sanding xD

This is really great! can't wait for the skin to be painted... after this, I think it's time to puke rainbows :D

haha thanks man, i am working very hard at it. I t is now almost midnight and i am still sanding xD

Same here in the Philippines but I am still waiting for the finish product of all of you guys! Good Luck! :D Looking forward for that thing to fly! :D

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates the past few days, been so busy working every day until midnight to get this PC complete so i hope you all understand. I have the footage recorded so i will eventually get it done. But for now here is a sneak picture of where i am at. I used a pencil to draw up the panel lines then etched the whole thing top and bottom with the dremel and it took a #### tonne of time but well worth it.

o2XywEz.jpg

Here I am drawing up the panel details on the tie-fighter. This will be the guide lines when etching into the surface. 

suplAuO.jpg

To create the panel detailing I used the dremel tool to etch into the tie-fighter following along the drawn up lines. Both top and bottom of the tie-fighter has the panel details.  

UJ6UpvD.jpg

eoJ7wST.jpg

mkQyZQG.jpg

This is the result from etching into the surface. This took alot of time, patience and most importantly steady hands.

RE3epkD.jpg

LfJbXGs.jpg

bTXp2n1.jpg

Further details of the tie-fighter panels where made by filling the etched surface with thinned down black enamel, aka black wash. Once again, both top and bottom  of the tie-fighter had this black wash. 

mK3pNko.jpg

yb0DBnQ.jpg

More progress on the wings. 

Ga4nIRw.jpg

I painted the inside of the tie-fighter black.

4FkmaVL.jpg

Thank you for all the support, we have finally completed the build, apart from filling it up, which will be done tomorrow. 

Feel free to vote for us, if you like what we have done. 

Special mention, this build was all completed by hand, no CNC or 3D printing machines were used. 

qizYsVF.jpg

hO6c48H.jpg

v29MpQk.jpg

LP7jw9X.jpg

dUY0QOQ.jpg

qTqRiCL.jpg

Working on 2 hours sleep, still going strong.

9F87srS.jpg

D3kX0Ef.jpg

0aqkhZC.jpg

Core P5 Feet around the legs. 

wnf3cnB.jpg

yl4l0iW.jpg

k4hzw8d.jpg

3WZvrbB.jpg

gq8KHh7.jpg

qQlbt3N.jpg

QI8xvlU.jpg

G8bINcM.jpg