Last night I finished up wiring the LEDs in the fans on the radiator and did a quick test:

(I know... I still haven't figured out how to embed the youtube video in the post itself yet..)

I also think I've got my wood color narrowed down finally...

4yGxksd.jpg

9EIX8p2.jpg

Not much to do tonight, but tomorrow... full shop day!

This worklog was all about the woodworking.   Using some cedar from a tree that was downed within the 40acre area around the shop, I did some initial cuts on the shape, and then it was over to the CNC to pocket out some holes for the fan grills.

O8sWZV7.jpg

The center piece is actually double width and has a pocket on the inside.  This will be where a lot of the PSU cables run to keep things clean and organized.

kFXB4Sb.jpg

CZX2uX3.jpg

I used tape to mark the areas that were going to be covered by the center support, and then punched some holes for mounting it.

DiCVPOz.jpg

The left and right supports needed some material removed to allow for airflow and PSU cord access.

ujGaenF.jpg

A quick rough-fit of all the wood pieces to make sure things fit.

1PlYEnG.jpg

ByEQ0b9.jpg

The window was cut out of .25" acrylic.  A new one had to be cut due to the height requirements being slightly larger than the provided P5.  I also really like the way the cast acrylic etches and lights up (spoiler).

1SpfTDb.jpg

Some add'l shots of the wood pieces nesting around.

cB2dHgh.jpg

cZPSIau.jpg

The center support nests over a couple cable routing panels that will help guide the PSU cords in and out of the pocket.

Yl1w9Ch.jpg

The unfinished assembly.  All the wood still needs sanding, cleanup, resin, stained, and a myriad of other odd jobs.

3UH9Et6.jpg

ZR7b6UT.jpg

The top lid lifts up on a hinge and allows easy access to the upper components. 

XRqYueW.jpg

ldej9ug.jpg

l17TCvO.jpg

UE1i0Yj.jpg

1ZGrj6O.jpg

74cJr1c.jpg

Finally, a sneak peek of one of the next steps... wiring.  This was just a quick run with some scrap wire to determine how to wire all those leds without making a spiderweb mess.

W63SCDk.jpg

Willing to know how you gonna hide all those cables!

Me too!   Truth be told, there's only so much hiding I'll be able to do, the rest will have to be neat and clean looking.  Probably the most challenging part of all this will be getting all that to look nice.

I do like the gpu block effect. Where did you got the idea? Looks 3d effect

I've done a lot of edge-lit acrylic stuff in the past, and when I was describing some of the things I wanted to do with the GPU blocks, a good friend mentioned it would be cool if I could do the edge-lighting on that somehow... so there it is.   The 3d effect is just a matter of laser power :D  I'll post up a layer-by-layer breakdown on the GPU block in the next day or two so people can see how it worked out.

I wish good luck in competition!

Thanks!  Being a part of the competition is already a win in my book.  So exciting!

Last night I spent the evening tearing everything apart and reassembling it.  I needed to get the wall mount bracket out of the way inside the case, and the screws for that were behind the motherboard.

It gave me an opportunity to actually apply the thermal compound to the CPU (the block was just sitting there temporarily), and do some wiring from the case front panel to the motherboard.

I also tossed the RAM in there to see how it would look.  I think it's going to need some tweaking but overall it's cool!  It'll really pop when everything is powered on and lit up.

fQ7zsj0.jpg

Z45XaBe.jpg

This is the right side of the center column.  I will be filling it with an aluminum resin mix to give a metal inlay look before I stain all the wood.

Fun fact... that's been my banner in Diablo3 since launch. :)

I'm about 50/50 success rate with that process... so we're going to roll the dice and hope it works!

3kKENRW.jpg

Tonight I'm going to really start hitting the wiring.  I'll hopefully be posting a GPU teardown on the blocks now that the LEDs are mounted, so people can see how the layers all ended up working.

CRUNCH TIME!!!!!!!

Goood Luck Man ... just by looking at the pictures gives me goose bumps, every little piece, the whole making custom parts, you guys are definite pros. Will be checking your progress through out the competition...... and yes I want to see how you set up the cables, always been a problem for my builds   :)

"I'm just a poor boy, I need a new PC, because my ping is high, frames are low, say goodbye ELO. All I hear's my fan blow, laptop please don't blow up on me........ on me......." - Instalok

Hi Sir Kurt, like you, I also want to modify and build gaming PC, I want to learn more about Computers, whether it's about software or hardware. But of course it would be cool if I learn both of it. I don't believe that if you have a nice gaming PC and gaming gears, you'll become better at games instantly, But I do believe that when you got that kind of Rigs, you'll eventually get inside the game, like you're living in it, and that is what will make you better at games. It's all because I wanted to be a Pro Gamer someday that's why I want to have those gaming gears and that gaming PC with super cool components, just like yours. I love your build  sir, it's the greatest build of all time, but that's all I needed I just want to play and win the game. You're a monster when it comes to PC building! Thanks for sharing and Goodluck!

To be honest, I only posted/reply on this thread just to join their raffle, I'm just 18 years old, I'm still studying and can't afford to buy/build a Gaming PC. If ever I will be the chosen winner, this would be my first experience of building a PC. So, thanks for the chance Thermaltake! Love this promo of yours!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.  It's crunch time now... MAXIMUM EFFORT!

Began the arduous task of cabling.  Here's a quick test fit I did before sleeving on the 8pin ATX plug:

leagHt8.jpg

Then MDPC sleeving applied...
aQMofOb.jpg
rwdRBcI.jpg

And then test fit in the cable bracket in the case.

o2rleb9.jpg
G6ou7gd.jpg
ueC3sVg.jpg

I didn't feel like tearing apart the GPUs again, so here's a quick render of the parts and how they fit together:

Hmmm... been going up and down in this worklog, but i can't seem to find the answer.. what are those screws for on those custom cable brackets you showed us in this latest update?
Also, isn't that silver colored cablecomb abit of overkill in terms of cablemanagement making it just for aesthetics?

Loving the build so far, looking forward to the completed project.

Hmmm... been going up and down in this worklog, but i can't seem to find the answer.. what are those screws for on those custom cable brackets you showed us in this latest update?

Also, isn't that silver colored cablecomb abit of overkill in terms of cablemanagement making it just for aesthetics?

Loving the build so far, looking forward to the completed project.

Yes, the cablecombs are pretty much purely for aesthetics.  They were actually my original cable management plan, and a first attempt at milling aluminum.  The Cable brackets came a little later, but I still like the alum+black look so I'll keep the combs too.

The screws on the top of the brackets nest into holes in the cutout on the center wood support.  It keeps the top of the bracket lined up and stable when I slide the center support pocket over the cables and brackets.  I didn't originally think the screws holding the brackets to the case would be strong enough to keep them sturdy with all the cables and stuff going in... but it turned out they were.  A little extra support won't hurt them though. 

I'll take some pictures of how that assembly fits together this evening.

Continuing the wiring.  Doing a pre-sleeve run to ensure I get the proper lengths.  I don't have a ton of room in the pocket of the support, so the less excess cable I have to deal with in there the better.

Here's a shot of the pocket, and the holes that the screws nest into.

vY9JeoW.jpg

The cables for the motherboard are test run...

VVxxJ25.jpg

N98ZZqP.jpg

1y41kHU.jpg

5leqPW8.jpg

gHU5v5e.jpg

reCbH9T.jpg

And with the GPU cables in there too... it's tight.  REALLY tight.  I do look forward to the sleeving and the cable combs making all of that look somewhat manageable though. :D

Jt12i5z.jpg

1ikfv6x.jpg