post-45-0-18283900-1456456027.png

Hello everyone and welcome to my log.

First of all a big round of thanks to Thermaltake and all the other sponsors and partner for making this event possible and of course including me.

My name is Ali Abbas, English, living in Germany/ Nürnberg since 1989. I jobbed at many computer stores and BTO shops and centres in the 90s

and got my degree as a a Network Technician in 1999. I am self employed since 2005 in the Computer Services branch.

We all know how sterile computers can be if we only work with them, so my way of letting off steam and relaxing is by killing, restrictions, voiding warrantys, murdering dins and terminating norms and standards. I simply love findind out how things works and trying to improve them.

A certain nack for computers has always been there and I actually built my first ugly casemod in 1995.

I really got into this passsion though after competing for the first time at the International German Case Modding Championship on Cologne Germany.

After winning bronze in the first attemp, I had been bitten by the bug and frankyl speaking, I havent had a good nights sleep since then.

I spend every possible second building and improving my skills and carftmanship. I went on to win the Championship another 9 times with 8 Vice Champ titles and 7 third places too. Apart from that I have succesffully taken part in many international contests and can boast successes in just 5 years. Just a few of my 30 mods worth mentioned are maybe even known to some of you.,The World Record gigantic Largest Computer mouse called DCMM Colossus, or Ragnars Revenge, or The Dark Knight or the Samuarai Sacrilegium, as well as PC-Reforged for example, just to mention a few.

So thats eneough self prejudiced rubbish, ;) , the next contest or competition is always the most important for me, and this great TT build off is no exception. Its gonna be tough against all you other fine artists, but I will do my best to give you a hard time, while expecting the same from you too.

My concept: Will be wild, and will be using only hand driven and regular hand tools. No automation tools, like CNC, 3D-Printers, Laser or Waterjets etc will be used. just good old 100% hand worked stuff.

Dont see what it is, see what it wants to be, driven by this philosophy, I will do my best to honor the name I have given this build.

I am more the type who rather starts modding than making great plans. I will start the first cuts this week. Its hard to describe in word what I picture, let my say that skulls, cross bones, sabre, flags, terasure maps and famous pirtes like Blackbeard and Morgan, as well as fictitious ones like Lomg John silver and Flint will all be pondered upon.

No it has nothing to do with the Pirates of the Carribean films, but is of course directed at that era and all the famous pop cultrue motives and style we connect to that time and age.

I will strive like I always do to combine the following modern hardware with the mentioned theme in such a way that they dont disharmonate the whole effort in any way. So lets hope for the best..

PIRACY AND PROPHECY

where the name is certainly the game.

will by based upon the following Hardware:

List is subject to change if certain parts are not available.

2 x ASUS GeForce GTX 980 STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 

ASUS Model 90MC0340-M0AAY0 ROG Enthusiast 2-Way SLI Bridge

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER LGA 1151 Intel Z170

Intel Core i7-6700 8M Skylake Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1151 65W

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, so here it is, the first real update.

today i made the first cuts.

I have wanted to make this theme for quite a long time but am having to change the dieas i had altogather, as far as the form and shapt is concerned. the corep5 is totally different compared with a standard case form, so it will be radically changed to keep both the modern state of the art as well as the wild look.

not much to see yet, till the main frame is done.

PICT5639_zps2mhju7qm.jpg

PICT5640_zps3scgfbkz.jpg

PICT5641_zpsbqyrnez6.jpg

PICT5642_zpsrmqq1ppo.jpg

PICT5643_zpsuoppghvw.jpg

PICT5644_zpskcdy3ffi.jpg

a small but esssential update. the roof is on since last nicht, should be workable now.

the bottle cutter works and am trying an experiment lto change these bottles into rum bottles.

the pirate wouldnt be pirates without rum would they. i mixed a coolant that matches the golden browny yellow of the real rum and it would be a nice feature.

more to come tonight, will spend all tday today down under..

PICT5655_zpsaa1xc3bw.jpg

PICT5656_zpsvhjw89w6.jpg

yes every groove will be essentially hand carved in so that its not too exact, just like old planking looked like, made without modern tools.

PICT5657_zps9edgrcm1.jpg

PICT5658_zpsjsgud4ru.jpg

i will saw off the excess pieces of roof today.

the whole case chasis without deco is built so that i can retrieve the main cor5p base again. it can be screwed out aso soon as the main chassi is finished and for maintenance etc..

PICT5659_zpsv94brebx.jpg

PICT5660_zpshfrxahgp.jpg

PICT5661_zps4v6lzd9w.jpg

PICT5662_zpspehj1v0g.jpg

hi guys, here is another lil update.

the case now has a treasure chest roof, not exactly finished yet, but getting there. all the grooves are hand made for inprecise that day look.

PICT5663_zpsqh4dzh6y.jpg

PICT5665_zpsmu1pakhh.jpg

i made some hinges whihc will be attached making it look as if it can be opened, but the illusion works the other was, the lids stay where it is, while the back flips up.

PICT5666_zpsxsg15phv.jpg

PICT5667_zpszlf0ugz0.jpg

PICT5668_zpsjvto96ni.jpg

PICT5669_zpsgpsb1zxu.jpg

these will all look like iron castings later on.

PICT5670_zpsat9nyavj.jpg

i then decided to make a gunwhale with little canons which will be hidden switches for certain things like leds and so forth.

i made 5 sets, not quite complete yet though. i had to hold the sander and the round wooden dowels in the drill to turn them.

PICT5671_zps2zerbnu4.jpg

PICT5672_zpsxpwbuecl.jpg

PICT5674_zpsxu6ltfnz.jpg

PICT5675_zpsyqbghtik.jpg

more to come..

I love the woodworking!!! Looking great!

thanks buddy, a lot coming..

hi guys, here is another update. i worked on the gunwhale today and the rear cover too. the back cover is basically a container, and will be ripped open a bit for the bottles which will sillhouette in between the inner and outer wall.
PICT5676_zpscvdjqd3h.jpg
PICT5677_zpslpxluiqc.jpg

i had to heat some of the wood strips to get it in the right cirve without snapping
PICT5678_zpsrjycltna.jpg
PICT5679_zpscjf1imsx.jpg
PICT5680_zpsqzce16lp.jpg
PICT5681_zpscluvhnbl.jpg
PICT5682_zpsu0i3tkmc.jpg
PICT5683_zpsdzrgeicj.jpg
PICT5684_zpsdkwkv7nk.jpg
PICT5685_zpsls8luxvk.jpg
PICT5686_zpsgiiu3xah.jpg
PICT5687_zpsxs0kgjp7.jpg
PICT5688_zpscldy6uec.jpg
PICT5689_zpsbdw8kka7.jpg

hi guys, here is the progress of todays modding session.

the hinges are stuck n screwed on now

PICT5696_zpsok1ig6yq.jpg

i then started to make the bottöe holder which will clasp the bottles and be dismantleable for maintenance.

PICT5699_zpspw4giffo.jpg

PICT5701_zpshmdon9tm.jpg

PICT5702_zps94iqcgsp.jpg

PICT5703_zpsl7nsko5o.jpg

PICT5704_zpsepbtj8ae.jpg

just checking for fits.

PICT5705_zpszl1l8dy4.jpg

PICT5706_zpsnyqpc4uj.jpg

PICT5708_zpsa7hoizom.jpg

PICT5711_zpsfaxl9lkk.jpg

PICT5712_zpsrcrny3eh.jpg

PICT5712_zpsrcrny3eh.jpg

PICT5714_zpsgra6ai0w.jpg

PICT5715_zpsbeiznkwn.jpg

PICT5716_zpspw5hemct.jpg

the gunwhale canons will actuaööy be switches for various functions.

PICT5717_zpsqz19nx4h.jpg

PICT5718_zpstgfhcax7.jpg

PICT5721_zps8w1se09x.jpg

PICT5723_zpsoomapgbo.jpg

PICT5724_zpsqd4j7xzv.jpg

PICT5725_zpse6dnnzyj.jpg

i decided to make a balancing base for the build which will holöd the cd drive.

PICT5727_zpsp2xdnbvm.jpg

PICT5728_zpsiwocaqnz.jpg

PICT5729_zpsq3kvps6v.jpg

PICT5730_zpsye5vue1u.jpg

Geez, you're working hard..

Love the detail work u put in to it!!

One question tho, any specific reason, besides saving space, for not making the bottles into reservoirs themselves instead of putting a reservoir inside the bottle? 

hi allerleidesign, glad you like it. yes i love delving into a theme and swimming in detailed ideas. :D

yes there is indeed a reason, they are real glass and seeing as it is at least possible that this machine could go to taiwan, as well as for sure to the modding masters in freidrichshafen as well as the german casemod championship at the gamescom cologne, then it will be exhibited in a museum in england too (and many other exhibitions), i just done want to take the risk of some happening, the bottles breaking and bang goes the whole build.

by the way, the bottles will also be decorated with logos, seals and RUM emblems as well as fittings looking like they are being held.

apart from that, the back to front concept is piracy , then prophecy, so i want as less modern hardware from the back moving into more and more when looking towards the front. well thats my plan anyway, but it seems to be working so far. :D

ps: allerleidesign sounds german based????

yes there is indeed a reason, they are real glass and seeing as it is at least possible that this machine could go to taiwan, as well as for sure to the modding masters in freidrichshafen as well as the german casemod championship at the gamescom cologne, then it will be exhibited in a museum in england too (and many other exhibitions), i just done want to take the risk of some happening, the bottles breaking and bang goes the whole build.

ps: allerleidesign sounds german based????

Ah yes, sorry i didn't think about the traveling nightmare glass would bring to the case itself..

Not german, but close enough, We're base in the Netherlands :)

hi guys, and here is the progress of today.

the pirates have the first set in skull. these little skulls were part of a cheap halloween necklace, are of plastic and will be lit up from behind later on.

PICT5749_zpsgtodsbmh.jpg

i also made a banner where i will write the PIRACY AND PROPHECY logo later on. i carved it into a 3d form for later staining.

PICT5742_zpsopfjj5gx.jpg

PICT5744_zpse5veufuf.jpg

i also finished the cd setting in and drawer cover

PICT5747_zpsk8oe3uyk.jpg

worked some  ore planking look into the sides

PICT5751_zpsmdrg7yqw.jpg

PICT5745_zpsjqkc0rcs.jpg

PICT5750_zpsobjqdebw.jpg

just a test for visuals,,,,,

PICT5752_zpswtcuwrlg.jpg

PICT5753_zps6gkvy0cg.jpg

hi guys, here is another litle update, soon i will be starting the inside and hardware integration.

for the moment though, i finished the bones on the front shield and started the front banner which will be a clip on for transport.

dont worry, the letters will not stay in that multicolor look.

PICT5772_zpsdbeenzdk.jpg

PICT5774_zpsq7qpgffp.jpg

PICT5775_zpsbuqckr55.jpg

PICT5777_zps0nml5eka.jpg

PICT5778_zpsz72pkwou.jpg

PICT5783_zpsvbuckcnh.jpg

PICT5785_zpsfj5yg7jw.jpg

PICT5786_zps6peaunsd.jpg

hi guys, tioday i worked on the front banner and desmounting fixture fro transport. i managed to rig a very easily dismountable system.

the front cutlasses and shield are also stuck on with a skull on the banner.

PICT5788_zpso5ddue6k.jpg

PICT5789_zpsnwyuelbu.jpg

PICT5790_zpsjxpafzz4.jpg

PICT5793_zpsjlf4z2rl.jpg

PICT5794_zpszang52m5.jpg

PICT5795_zps3pyjjfuh.jpg

this carriage eneables me to slip off the whole banner by taking the round wooden shaft out for transport safety. it worked out really good.

PICT5797_zps4ghixxjr.jpg

PICT5797_zps4ghixxjr.jpg

PICT5799_zps0mvmfb5q.jpg

PICT5800_zpstaxrikuo.jpg

well, believe it or not, these are actually dog tag air fresheners for cars. i had my car at the mechanics today and found these on the shelf.

i dremeled the excess sides away and will use them to deck the pole holder stubs atop.

PICT5802_zpskxoik6yj.jpg

PICT5803_zpsfnrdwlku.jpg

PICT5806_zpsclb2mbqx.jpg

PICT5808_zpsfr7piioi.jpg

PICT5809_zps8yi6qdz2.jpg

more tomorrow..

hi guys, here is yesterdays progress with two little quickie vdeos too.

i had some space issues with the swivel in monitor and was tight for space but managed ti integrate it in the end after changing the design and reducing the monitor frame as much as possible. now its mounted and works, not powered yet. the radiators have found the right place too.

PICT5811_zpsn8hgoawo.jpg

PICT5812_zpslh4ccama.jpg

i found this 12v motor in ebay, dont really know what it was originally for, but it was cheap and is well transmitted and works at the required speed with 5v too.

PICT5812_zpslh4ccama.jpg

PICT5813_zpsjl8ipdum.jpg

started making the moniotor housing, the 7" monitor is a touch screen and will give me a control over the whole pc even when a regular monitor is not connected. when concealed by swivelling it up, none can then access the pc, even if its running.

PICT5814_zpswyjhtdoy.jpg

PICT5815_zpsyqwxve5v.jpg

PICT5817_zpsukmvqbgi.jpg

PICT5818_zpssf95hbfa.jpg

PICT5820_zpsvnynakqg.jpg

PICT5821_zpsay8ggx4d.jpg

PICT5822_zpsjhzrxgxt.jpg

as you can see in the video too, i just barely managed to fit it with approx 2mm of play room left. whew!!!

and here is avideo i made to show that the self made back snap up system works.

post-45-0-18283900-1456456027.pnghi guys, and here is a little update again

i found this little led ringlet with a few effects too at the local car parts store. seeing as its battery driven and u can hence put it behind the front shield of arms in the plexi windows with out having to run a wire to it, i decided thats gonna be integrated there.

PICT5825_zpsrfs9xfvm.jpg

i cut the pattern in the middle of the windows, it will be hidden behind the shield but will difuse the light through the polished sides in every direction.

PICT5826_zpszxaqnldr.jpg

PICT5827_zpslxwnmyro.jpg

PICT5828_zpsoieidlrk.jpg

PICT5831_zpsiuk5dc67.jpg

the protective sticky paper is still on, when its off it will be even better.

PICT5832_zpsigskb7tp.jpg

PICT5833_zpsesqji03p.jpg

PICT5835_zpslxt2tpp1.jpg

PICT5836_zpskp3lvv2i.jpg

these wooden strips will later in change into iron fittings. wait and see.

PICT5837_zpsnm9i0eee.jpg

hi guys, i am really looking forward to getting some color on this soon.

am pretty much finished with the exterior and will now start integrating hardware, finding its places etc.. making some parts for the interior.

then its breakdown time.

anyway.

i made a little hanging sign like from old weathered wood for the monitor front.

PICT5839_zps4s7xoe9f.jpg

apart from that i started the last fittings, here in wood, later iron of course.

PICT5840_zpsjp2zocva.jpg

PICT5841_zpsasmrlfz9.jpg

i made the drawer which will contain the keyboard in the base

with a iron ball snap in fitting and handle to keep it in

PICT5843_zps2mufsuoj.jpg

PICT5845_zpsvncgf4hy.jpg

PICT5846_zpsmpv2odwa.jpg

PICT5848_zpsjmmjbeyk.jpg

PICT5849_zpswnf7gozt.jpg