Mouse randomly moves on its own!

Obelisk

Just got a replacement mouse and keyboard from the company (commander set). Plugged it in and it works just have this issue. I have uninstalled the drivers and tried all 7 other usb ports on my pc and still not working. I would really like to know how to fix this or if its the mouse before i send my defective unit back.

Guest Tt Josh

Just got a replacement mouse and keyboard from the company (commander set). Plugged it in and it works just have this issue. I have uninstalled the drivers and tried all 7 other usb ports on my pc and still not working. I would really like to know how to fix this or if its the mouse before i send my defective unit back.

Hi, can you show us how the mouse moves by its own by a short video? and which country are you from? and where did you get the replacement from?

Guest Tt Josh

you can shoot a video with the mouse and your screen (to show that the mouse moves by itself when you're not moving the mouse).

You can also call them directly at Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T).

Guest Tt Josh

i have a video file on my computer how would you like me to send it to you?

You can upload to Youtube and set it as enlisted and send the link for us to check :)

Guest Tt Josh

done that still nothing

Can you have us a call at Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T) and we will have someone to assist you further on the mouse :)

well got the new mouse but now when I scroll it jumps. Only on one part of the wheel does this happen. i have looked into it and everyone that has has this issue says the mouse wheel needs to be cleaned. I am not going to take it apart and really you can hear a click when it goes over the part of the mouse wheel when it jumps. So with that all being said should i just call again.

Guest Tt Josh

well got the new mouse but now when I scroll it jumps. Only on one part of the wheel does this happen. i have looked into it and everyone that has has this issue says the mouse wheel needs to be cleaned. I am not going to take it apart and really you can hear a click when it goes over the part of the mouse wheel when it jumps. So with that all being said should i just call again.

Please call our support and inform them that your new mouse is having the sound. They might need to check the mouse for you.

• 7 years later...
On 3/7/2016 at 1:04 AM, Obelisk said:

Just got a replacement mouse and keyboard from the company (commander set). Plugged it in and it works just have this issue. I have uninstalled the drivers and tried all 7 other usb ports on my pc and still not working. I would really like to know how to fix this or if its the mouse before i send my defective unit back at JHBremovals.co.za.

If you're experiencing issues with your new mouse and keyboard from the commander set, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem before deciding to send the defective unit back. Here's a step-by-step guide:

Check for Physical Damage:

Ensure that there is no physical damage to the mouse, keyboard, or their cables.

Make sure that the USB connectors are in good condition.

Reinstall Drivers:

Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Uninstall the existing drivers completely.

Install the downloaded drivers.

Check Compatibility:

Ensure that the mouse and keyboard are compatible with your operating system.

Verify if there are any specific system requirements mentioned by the manufacturer.

Try on Another Computer:

Test the mouse and keyboard on another computer to see if the issue persists. This helps determine if the problem is with the devices or your computer.

Update USB Drivers:

Make sure your USB drivers are up-to-date. You can do this through the Device Manager on Windows or System Preferences on macOS.

Check for Hardware Issues:

Test other USB devices on the same ports to check if they are working properly.

If your mouse and keyboard use batteries, ensure they are charged or replace them.

Use Different USB Ports:

Connect the mouse and keyboard to different USB ports on your computer.

Avoid using USB hubs initially; connect directly to the computer.

Check for Windows Updates:

Ensure your operating system is up-to-date with the latest updates.

Contact Manufacturer Support:

If the issue persists, contact the manufacturer's customer support for assistance. They may provide additional troubleshooting steps or initiate a replacement process if the products are indeed defective.

Check for Firmware Updates:

Some devices may have firmware updates available. Check the manufacturer's website for any available updates and follow the instructions to apply them.