Connect Riing RGB fans to a commander FT fan controller

Mr.Moonjack

Hello everyone! :D

I own a commander FT fan controller and recently i received 2 Riing RGB fans (one 120mm and one 140mm) as a gift

now,my questions are:

1) Can i connect the Riing fan controller (which controls RGB leds and fan speed) to a channel of my      Commander FT instead of the motherboard without damaging them? I would prefer to control the fan speed manually according to the situation as i usually do without having to open the case every time. :(

2) There are extension cable that allow you to take the Riing fan controller out of the case?

3) Can i connect the Riing fan controller directly to the PSU instead of the motherboard without damaging them?

4) can i connect 2 Riing fans with different sizes to the same controller?

I sincerely thank everyone who responds to me and i apologize if there are mistakes in my English (it is not my native language :P  )

I also apologize if my questions seem trivial but i'm a beginner  :P

Hi Moonjack,

Welcome to the TT community!

Got some replies for you below to help out. Have used both products in some recent builds.

now,my questions are:

1) Can i connect the Riing fan controller (which controls RGB leds and fan speed) to a channel of my      Commander FT instead of the motherboard without damaging them? I would prefer to control the fan speed manually according to the situation as i usually do without having to open the case every time. :(

Yes, you can connect the 4-pin connection from the controller to the fan header. Just understand you can only adjust the fan speed.

2) There are extension cable that allow you to take the Riing fan controller out of the case?

ATM we do not have any extension cables, most that I have talked to are making their own and just reusing the stock connectors. I would only suggest this if you feel comfortable to do so.

3) Can i connect the Riing fan controller directly to the PSU instead of the motherboard without damaging them?

Yes, you can use a molex to fan header cable adapter, done this several times. There are other types out there as well depending on what you want to use. I have only used the molex adapter ones since we have them in the office.

4) can i connect 2 Riing fans with different sizes to the same controller?

Yes you can, it will not damage anything, but you will have a speed variance due to the different limitations of each fan. You may also experience some sync issues between both fans if you run them both off one controller and want them to color cycle.

Thank you so much!!!!!!! :D

I have just one last question about your first answer

"Yes, you can connect the 4-pin connection from the controller to the fan header. Just understand you can only adjust the fan speed. "

This means that the fan's rgb led will always remain off ? 

Thanks again!!!!