LED lights wont turn off (solved)

maddnotez

I have a Poseidon Kb but it was a deal online from a group buy site and it has the cherry blue switches (not kahil) and blue led. Is there some kind of firmware update for this or am I just stuck?

The lights will not turn off unless I unplug the KB from the PC, even when I shut down my PC the leds on the KB are still on 24/7.

It is very annoying and Im guessing it will wear the life down on the leds as well.

Is this a common thing? any fixes?

Guest Tt Josh

I have a Poseidon Kb but it was a deal online from a group buy site and it has the cherry blue switches (not kahil) and blue led. Is there some kind of firmware update for this or am I just stuck?

The lights will not turn off unless I unplug the KB from the PC, even when I shut down my PC the leds on the KB are still on 24/7.

It is very annoying and Im guessing it will wear the life down on the leds as well.

Is this a common thing? any fixes?

Hi, we did not received any feedback like yours. Did you try with another USB port or test it on another computer? You can try to uninstall the driver from DEVICE MANAGER and see how it goes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The issue was that I was using this adapter.

It is a USB to 6 prong KB adapter. Idk why I was using it, was just lying around.

So while using this adapter the KB Led's always stay on even when the PC is off and when I am not using the adapter the LED's turn off with the PC as it should.

Side note: Using this adapter lets me turn on my PC by pressing any key on the KB when the PC is off. This was actually really cool because I am a fat and lazy gamer.

When not using the adapter I cannot turn on the PC with the KB.

I have just discovered this and if I come across any other discoveries I will post but is there a known way to turn on the PC with the KB without this adapter? I would love to still be able to do that however I am not going to use the adapter because of the wear on the LED's being on 24/7.

post-101418-0-74737100-1465446324.jpg

Also I wanted to give my feedback on this KB. Not sure if this is the best place for that or if anyone who sees this has any input with the company but I love this KB.

It's my first mechanical so I don't have a lot of comparisons but the Cherry keys are great and honestly the only things I think that would make this KB better is fully customizable RGB keys and also being able to turn the PC on from the KB without that silly adapter.

I know they now make the RGB Poseiden Z but I don't follow the tech much so idk if they have that RGB option on the regular Poseiden with the actual cherry keys or not.

Anyway good KB and I'm happy with the purchase overall.