New Thermaltake Digital Fan Controller with Riing RGB Software?

SimondsUnchaind

Recently, Thermaltake announced their new Thermaltake Riing 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium edition with a new digital fan controller and RGB software at Computex.

I am curious as to if these new fans and the new controller/software are compatible with the 1st gen Riing 12/14 RGB LED fans?

For more info on these new fans see: http://computex2016.thermaltake.com/news_view_th_531_3.html

post-103218-0-58854200-1464982644_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I have been waiting for these fans to drop for almost 8 weeks. I check this community forum page, Tt premium website, and the thermaltake USA site about 5-8 times a day everyday since the first week of June, and nothing.. I just ordered the New CORSAIR ML120 4 white and 3 blue to see which i like better. I hope these the new RIING RBG DIGITAL PREMIUM drop before my fans get here on Monday and I open, install and/or order more.. I have 1 480 RAD, 3 360 RADs, rear case fan, and 3 other spots I may put 2 or even the 3 fans there also..

So THERMALTAKE YOU may have a newly acquired customer with a potentially large order of 6 or 7 - 3 pack RIING Case Fans @ $69.99 a $500 or @ $89.99 $650 order depending on MSRP

Any longer and Corsair will end up with my business with their New ML120s which 7 have been ordered but will be shipped back unopened. IF YOU GET YOUR FANS up on your site very soon they will remain unopened.i7 6950x,

You are crazy dude. 

Anyone know when Thermaltake is planning on releasing these? My upcoming PC NEEDS them!

Hi,

We are working on the new product launch at this time.

Right now we are pending the press release, scheduled for next week.

I am working on getting the fans in stock once the PR is released I can go live.

This is more info than I normally give our on a product launch, but I want to try to give you all accurate idea because I manage it here in the USA :P

Appreciate your post and feedback.

Hi,

We are working on the new product launch at this time.

Right now we are pending the press release, scheduled for next week.

I am working on getting the fans in stock once the PR is released I can go live.

This is more info than I normally give our on a product launch, but I want to try to give you all accurate idea because I manage it here in the USA :P

Appreciate your post and feedback.

Really appreciate the heads up Mike. Very much looking forward to the press release and having them in my soon to be PC. I'm sure they will be well worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

They are not compatible with any of the old Riing RGB LED fans.

Is the incompatibility die to the size of the old RGB fans headers, but the circuitry and pinout are the same (so you could just stick on a new header, or solder your old fans to the new digital controller), or are the new fans different internally (LED circuit wise)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Thermal Mike. I purchased a set of the premium Riing 12 RGB fans (actually 2 sets) and installed the fans and controller. The controller has the molex power connected and the usb cable is connect to the mother bother to the USB 9 pin heade (I tried both USB 1314 and USB 1112). Also installed the Software downloaded from the Thermaltake office website. I am not able to control or read any stats from the software. Upon firing up the software, there is an error saying "Riing RGBFan HID" has stopped. I am using windows 10 and the mother board I am using is the ASUS Maximus VIII Formula. I tried just single controller (yes I did check the dip switch). Also I tried plug/unplug the usb cable to the controller and windows seems to detects the change of device configuration; so the USB connection (physically) between the controller and the MB appears to be okay. I am wondering what would be the problem. Please help and let me know if more detail is required. Thanks Henry

Hi Thermal Mike. I purchased a set of the premium Riing 12 RGB fans (actually 2 sets) and installed the fans and controller. The controller has the molex power connected and the usb cable is connect to the mother bother to the USB 9 pin heade (I tried both USB 1314 and USB 1112). Also installed the Software downloaded from the Thermaltake office website. I am not able to control or read any stats from the software. Upon firing up the software, there is an error saying "Riing RGBFan HID" has stopped. I am using windows 10 and the mother board I am using is the ASUS Maximus VIII Formula. I tried just single controller (yes I did check the dip switch). Also I tried plug/unplug the usb cable to the controller and windows seems to detects the change of device configuration; so the USB connection (physically) between the controller and the MB appears to be okay. I am wondering what would be the problem. Please help and let me know if more detail is required. Thanks Henry

One thing I see more is the application not initializing at boot up and then users trying to load the app before it has loaded.

This is important as the software will not work until the app has booted up automatically.

( you need to see the icon down by the clock in order for the app to work properly)

I have tested several on windows 10, no issue.

Either you connected to the MB is not communicating, cables are not connected (Try to reseat everything with the system off) or the controller is just bad, it happens.

If you cannot get anything out if it after reinstalling the software and checking the connections, it could just be DOA and a replacement is likely the fastest way to resolve.

Try on another system if you can...

Do a fresh install of your OS...

• 1 month later...

So I cant just grab a USB hub for the 8 new Riing 14 RGB fans that I haven't even taken out of the package yet..

Thanks Thermaltake! :angry: What a #### move!

I cant return them anymore, so I guess ill have to make it work with these lemons now. <_<

Maybe I can botch together a converter that lets me plug it into my motherboards aura header like a strip of 5050 lights..

Anyone got a pin-out on these gen1 fans? Which ones are the LED headers? What voltage do I need to supply?

• 6 months later...

my system is still under construction but I want to test my Riing 14 fans. Ive tried connecting to my laptop with a standard micro usb cable but the software says it cant find the controller. Is the usb pinout non-standard or is my controller bad?  Fans are powered, spinning and lit up. I have the app icon in the task bar.