Core P3 Owners

reaper7534

I contacted Thermaltake with this question and never got a definitive answer.

I'd like to build my system in a P3 and do a custom loop and need to find out if my GPU will fit.  Here are the specs I'd like

Majority of watercooling supplies will be XSPC

420mm Radiator 36mm w/ 3 Riings Fans

Reservoir/ Pump Combo 

Strix 1070 300mm

I'd like to eventually go SLI, but it's not set in stone.  This will be hard line tubing and I will be using the riser card/s.   I'll go P5 

if I have to, but don't really need all that real estate.

Thanks

The Core P3 will fit your GPU, just be aware it might stick out a bit and cover the area in front of the radiator a little bit (by about 2cm). This is important because it might collide with the reservoir but it should probably fit. However, it might become difficult when you go SLI. Below you'll find a photo of the Core P3 with the Strix 980Ti (30.5cm)

post-76-0-08266100-1471417393_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so iv saved for months for a new system, finaly put it all together and wished i never brought the p3 .So annoyed right now at the fact the gpu riser is causing me so many proplems, so i look online and it turns out this is a common problem, my question is why would u carry on selling faulty products. Now i have no pc to play on :angry:

GPU Riser cable i used on my Core P3 ,  got errors / Blue screen , losing signal on Monitor , PC would restart , I looked the error up using "BlueScreenView" 

Bug check code: 0x00000116 , Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+70180  , Took the riser cable out & use my GTX 1070 in normal position ,All is fine again.

Core P3 a super best Open air case & Looks Lovely on shelf above monitor with LED's behind the P3 & so easy to change hardware ,

The Riser cable I don't recommend using , especially on a Full size ATX as blocks all other ports on motherboard for future ad on cards ,

If you want to  see the face of the GPU fans or Water block , best to have the P3 mounted on a wall or a adjustable Rail shelf & then you can look up & see the Face of the GPU Fans or water block.  see if i can post a photo later on of my P3 on the rail shelf :)

• 3 weeks later...

GPU Riser cable i used on my Core P3 ,  got errors / Blue screen , losing signal on Monitor , PC would restart , I looked the error up using "BlueScreenView" 

Bug check code: 0x00000116 , Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+70180  , Took the riser cable out & use my GTX 1070 in normal position ,All is fine again.

Core P3 a super best Open air case & Looks Lovely on shelf above monitor with LED's behind the P3 & so easy to change hardware ,

The Riser cable I don't recommend using , especially on a Full size ATX as blocks all other ports on motherboard for future ad on cards ,

If you want to  see the face of the GPU fans or Water block , best to have the P3 mounted on a wall or a adjustable Rail shelf & then you can look up & see the Face of the GPU Fans or water block.  see if i can post a photo later on of my P3 on the rail shelf :)

Hi darrenuk,

could You post the picture of Your p3 with rail shelf???

thx

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just changed yesterday my strix for the Asus dual... the strix was too long and looked #### going over the rail and covering the right side what possible could be water cooling or whatever... now it looks perfect and I am good to go for the rest I am going to install... this is only first setup but I ordered several things already...

• 5 weeks later...

Just put together my first P3 and love it. Problem is I needed a riser cable for the Asus 1060 Strix. All the reading on the thermaltake riser cable problems I went to an OEM and the cable is fabulous with no loss. Only problem and I am not sure what is the standard but  Thermaltake or the OEM is deciding there own length between screw holes on the riser cable. Thermaltake has on there riser plate for screw distance of 9.7cm, were the OEM cable is 9.5cm and holes don't line up so riser card is not fully secure to plate.  Sure would be great for everyone to get on the same page with standards as it all comes from china anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone, this will be my first custom loop hard tubing water cooled PC. Got a 360x120 radiator.

I'll mount it in the front with 3 push fan and I was ondering if it's possible to mount another 360 or 240 radiator on the back with pull fans.

Thanks! :)